I've been cheating on you because I love you - READ ME! IS YOUR EMAIL UP TO DATE?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I see that IWEI leaked out the truth. I haven't been just working late...There's another forum. And we are all going to ride that bitch to the moon.

Firstly, I can't tell everyone how much I appreciate your patience and understanding as I worked out the technical kinks of this place. We are up and going and by tomorrow or so we should pass 300 members...that's amazing. You are all incredible, hilarious, brilliant people and we keep adding more everyday. The forum has a great vibe.

But it can be better.

We are currently running Vbulletin 5. Admining this software is like trying to train a badger. Even when I get it done, I'm not happy with what it took or the outcome. I'm custom coding features all over the place and I want to give you more. If we continue our current growth, we'll be at over 2500 members this time next year. For that longevity, I need to move software. Nerds, we'll talk soon about all the wrong in this product , why we went this direction originally, and what not do later.

FAQ
So you're bringing the posts over???
Yep. They are coming along. Just migrating to a different engine.
When?
Early this Sunday AM.close the forums, move everything, tweak it, open it back up. Then we continue forward.
Tapatalk?
Yes stays. Not at first, will be added after a few days post-move.
Chatbar?
Same. Goes away, comes right back. All focus on a safe move first.
Benefits?
Where do I begin? Speed, faster time to new features. IMMEDIATE NEW FEATURES (GFYCAT, IMGUR, YOUTUBE, VIMEO, ....all properly supported immediately with a single click), better thread refreshes (live fight thread, you'll be alerted that there are new posts in that thread and can click to load the rest of the thread without refreshing) and more and more. Alerts will be better. Threads better. My time spent giving you features down by a factor of 10. Means moving forwards instead of patching.
Downsides?
Vbulletin is way easier to theme at first. So the forum will be 90%+ the same look at first and we can tighten up from there.
Blogs are going on pause and will come back in a few weeks.
Due to the security, I can't bring over your passwords.....wut?! read below.

What do you need to do?
Make sure your account email address on your account is up to date. After the move, you will get an email saying to come reset your password. That will let you into your account and set an original password.

I will also create some fast ways for support from me and IWEI if you have any trouble.

I appreciate so many of you contributing and coming here so often to share your stories, opinions, and knowledge. The end result here will be respecting all of that with the highest quality work and outcome I can provide you.

Hang on to your butts!

Splinty

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Will we lose our posts?

Only asking cuz if so I wanna save my post with diet/training log thingy

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Galanis;n36419 said:
Will we lose our posts?

No, everything here will transfer right over.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Mertvaya Ruka;n36450 said:
so it's just a migration? no post lost or whatever?

all good then.

Correct. New software but everything here will migrate over. It will look nearly identical to what you see here, a shitload more features, faster, better for long term growth planning, less headache for splinty. May take everyone a day or two to learn the new features, but I'm confident you all will like it better than this.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Galanis;n36419 said:
Will we lose our posts?

Sorry I wasn't clear.
As above. No. Moving all the content over. I'll provide temp access to the old forum too.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Mertvaya Ruka;n36450 said:
so it's just a migration? no post lost or whatever?

all good then.
Yes. Part of moving now is less headache in that data move

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
came to see if the auto refresh thread would be coming...its there :O

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Did all of you type with your nose like I did? Took forever. Hard to post whilst holding onto one's own buttocks.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Appreciate the hard work

Splinty is a good man

Its not right what they say about him