Jacare injured, out of UFC 184

• Thread starter Morpheushasleftthebuilding
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well...there goes that.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The old Zuffa bait and switch is effective promoting in the smaller markets where the regs do not provide for a ticket refund where a main event or a co-main fighter is scratched. In these (the vast majority) markets they can just go ahead and make the most ridiculous claims about the fight card and just go change it up later on after the tickets are sold. They've worked this angle to great effect on us Canadian rubes in particular. it was laughable watching them hose the hosers in places like Calgary and Winnipeg. These guys are comp[letely shameless in this regard.

By the way, out of curiosity, where is this card booked for?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Megatherium;n713 said:
The old Zuffa bait and switch is effective promoting in the smaller markets where the regs do not provide for a ticket refund where a main event or a co-main fighter is scratched. In these (the vast majority) markets they can just go ahead and make the most ridiculous claims about the fight card and just go change it up later on after the tickets are sold. They've worked this angle to great effect on us Canadian rubes in particular. it was laughable watching them hose the hosers in places like Calgary and Winnipeg. These guys are comp[letely shameless in this regard.

By the way, out of curiosity, where is this card booked for?

Damn, that's interesting. Had no idea that shit was going on. You're right, that is shameless. 184 is scheduled for LA (Staples Center).

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Actually, this one isn't a bait and switch this time, I don't think. I'm pretty sure California is one of the states that does provide for a ticket refund. Nevada and Texas are two others, and I believe New Jersey is another. I believe Zuffa actually dealt with this problem the last time they were in Cali. Basically anywhere that has a lively boxing scenes and has experience dealing with unscrupulous promoters has the provision for obvious reasons. The thing is, most places UFC puts on events are not boxing meccas and don't have the provision, and I have noticed that Zuffa adjusts their behavior accordingly.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Jons Forsberg;n718 said:
One of the few fighters who bring more than street boxing to the ring.
Yep, he's one of the last of the traditional mma stylists, when his kind are gone we'll have nothing but cookie cutter street boxers from the Zuffa assembly line.

And as June White has rightly pointed out, 'who the f*** wants to watch that when GLORY is on basic cable!'

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Megatherium;n729 said:
Actually, this one isn't a bait and switch this time, I don't think. I'm pretty sure California is one of the states that does provide for a ticket refund. Nevada and Texas are two others, and I believe New Jersey is another. I believe Zuffa actually dealt with this problem the last time they were in Cali. Basically anywhere that has a lively boxing scenes and has experience dealing with unscrupulous promoters has the provision for obvious reasons. The thing is, most places UFC puts on events are not boxing meccas and don't have the provision, and I have noticed that Zuffa adjusts their behavior accordingly.

Damn that's some shady shit, but nothing surprises me with Zuffa. Nothing.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I wonder if we'll be back to TMA being the shit in 20 years. As is well known, a combination of Wing Chun and Judo is quite effective. Especially with legal eye pokes.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
indeed. Jon Jones might wind up doing for wing chun what Royce did for jiu jitsu.