Jacare Souza to become free agent after UFC on FOX 24

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Ronaldo Souza’s bout against Robert Whittaker at UFC on FOX 24 this weekend is a whole lot more meaningful for Jacare than initially thought.

Not only is it between two of the best middleweights in the UFC, but Souza’s upcoming fight is the last one on his current contract with the UFC, MMAFighting.com reported Monday, meaning he will become a free agent after the event.

Souza’s manager, Gilberto Faria, told MMAFighting.com that there has been discussion between the UFC and Souza’s team, but that the two parties were unable to come to an agreement ahead of the Whittaker matchup.

"We've been going back and forth (with UFC officials) for a while," Faria…

‘Jacare’ to become free agent after UFC on FOX 24

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
It would be awesome to see Jacare gator crawl into the Bellator cage and choke Carvalho unconscious. Shit, I think he's good enough to go up and get Phil Davis too.

Last edited:

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Coker allegedly has the A-OK to go after top free agents like never before. I hope they scoop up this beauty along with Mousassy
We are on the verge of a major shakeup.

I'm having flashbacks of WCW Vs. WWF in the 90's.

Viacom to Bellator is what Ted Turner was to WCW in the 90's. ...Ted gave Bishoff free reign to go pursue all the top talent back in the 90's and it worked and help take the WCW to the top of the ratings wars for some time.

Only this time we are talking MMA and Dana White is no Vinny Mac, If UFC starts losing all its top talent now ...there won't be any coming back like the WWF did.

Jacare and Mousasi two legends of the sport with extraordinary talent....I'm shocked the UFC isn't giving these guys the Red Carpet treatment.

I honestly think the UFC feels they can manufacture their own stars at any time...only problem is, they cant!

We may be a huge turning point in MMA should these two greats decide to go to Bellator / Rizin!

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Wtf is going on the guy should be getting a title shot not jumping ship.
well when you have a organization that is protecting their champ by not having Yoel or Jacare in the title fight. Yet you put the champ in a title fight with a guy who retired over 3 years ago and his last fight was with a guy who was retiring. Come on, the entire top 10 should jump ship for that disgrace. GSP was a great champ but he should have not one but several tune up fights.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Coker allegedly has the A-OK to go after top free agents like never before. I hope they scoop up this beauty along with Mousassy
Ya. I remember hearing this on a podcast with Ariel, Luke, and a couple other dudes. Said that they heard it from an actual spike exec. Let's see how true it is.

One thing is for sure; Bellator is hyping up free agency ALOT. They better have some serious money to throw around because running out of money as more and more higher profile free agency hit the market will kill free agency faster than it rose.

If Viacom is seriously interested in long term mma, they need to eat the costs and go after the top talent that is testing the waters.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
If Viacom is seriously interested in long term mma, they need to eat the costs and go after the top talent that is testing the waters.
They have a duty to shareholders. Spending tons of money and driving down their shareprice/dividend return (idk, do they give divs?) would not really be an option

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
They have a duty to shareholders. Spending tons of money and driving down their shareprice/dividend return (idk, do they give divs?) would not really be an option
I understand that. It all really depends on invest and return on investment. Shareholders aren't stupid. I'm sure they willing to eat initial costs if their is return in the future. That might be the case will Bellator