General Jack Dempsey, or Max Schmeling?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
One of my favourite boxing KOs was the Bomber destroying Schmeling in their rematch.

Your pictures of Max with Hitler don't tell the full story either, he was drafted into the German army but didn't agree with the Nazi agenda, he saved 2 jewish children in secret during his service, was glad he lost this fight because he didn't want to be further used a Nazi propaganda tool.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
One of my favourite boxing KOs was the Bomber destroying Schmeling in their rematch.

Your pictures of Max with Hitler don't tell the full story either, he was drafted into the German army but didn't agree with the Nazi agenda, he saved 2 jewish children in secret during his service, was glad he lost this fight because he didn't want to be further used a Nazi propaganda tool.
This sounds familiar, I think I read about it somewhere

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
This sounds familiar, I think I read about it somewhere
Yeah, he was an interesting guy, was a massive underdog in the first fight against Louis, studied his tape intensely and found a flaw in Louis's technique, stood toe to toe with him and knocked him out late in the fight, if I remember correctly it was Joes first loss.

The rematch was the fight I posted above, Louis destroyed him in the 1st

Edit, can't spell

Last edited:

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
One of my favourite Dempsey fights is against Jess Willard.

Crazy fight, Dempsey knocked him down 7 or 8 times in the first. Willard actually left the ring and came back between rounds after being saved by the bell, with Dempseys corner celebrating the win in between.

Willard killed a man in the ring and was charged with 2nd degree murder, drove a piece of his broken jaw into his skull, but he was never convicted, if I remember correctly.