Jackson's MMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
John Dodson fights for the FW title at UFC 191

Holly Holm fights for the title at UFC 193

Donald Cerrone fights for the title at UFC of FOX 17

Carlos Condit fights for the title date TBD. Not sure on if he'll wait or not.

Andre Arlovski is on a path to a title fight currently as well

Then greats like GSP & JJ have proved Jackson's system works. These guys are on a serious roll right now, anybody here had an opportunity to train there and see what it's like?

Emmery Myers

I put the warrior in social justice warrior
Aug 7, 2015
How many of these fights do you think they'll win?

That reminds me. Where are Mir and AA training for this bout? Frank was with Jackson recently too

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
John Dodson fights for the FW title at UFC 191

Holly Holm fights for the title at UFC 193

Donald Cerrone fights for the title at UFC of FOX 17

Carlos Condit fights for the title date TBD. Not sure on if he'll wait or not.

Andre Arlovski is on a path to a title fight currently as well

Then greats like GSP & JJ have proved Jackson's system works. These guys are on a serious roll right now, anybody here had an opportunity to train there and see what it's like?
I'm not a big fan of Jackson (his theatrics tend to annoy me, and I think he comes off as a used car salesman at times)...but it's hard to argue with the results he gets. He must be one hell of an analyzer teacher, motivator, and analyzer of film...because he puts some wicked game plans together.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
How many of those fights do you think they are going to win though? I wouldn't put money on any of them, that's not to say they don't have a chance, but to say I don't like their chances.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
How many of those fights do you think they are going to win though? I wouldn't put money on any of them, that's not to say they don't have a chance, but to say I don't like their chances.
Definitely a group of underdogs but I'd be comfortable putting a little on JD and Condit and I'm thinking that Andre could at least get the title fight.

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015
I am taking Cerrone as a favorite just because I am suspicious of Dos Anjos sudden emergence as a contender after being a .500 fighter 8 fights into his UFC career and losing his first two. Otherwise it seems unlikely anyone will win. But even producing a bunch of losing contenders is still impressive

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I'm not a big fan of Jackson (his theatrics tend to annoy me, and I think he comes off as a used car salesman at times)...but it's hard to argue with the results he gets. He must be one hell of an analyzer teacher, motivator, and analyzer of film...because he puts some wicked game plans together.
He's definitely at the top of the game when it comes to the mental side of the sport. He is a master of strategizing, motivating and relaxing his fighters in the corner, and getting his fighters to peak before their fights.

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015
Definitely a group of underdogs but I'd be comfortable putting a little on JD and Condit and I'm thinking that Andre could at least get the title fight.
No matter who wins between AA/Mir Jackson will probably corner the winner.

However, word is the winner has to die at the hands of Fedor.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Jackson/Wink is still one of the best in the fight corners I've ever seen. I think their training methods could use a little innovation, but on fight night, they're my favorite. Only Demian Maia's team is more fun to hear.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Jackson/Wink is still one of the best in the fight corners I've ever seen. I think their training methods could use a little innovation, but on fight night, they're my favorite. Only Demian Maia's team is more fun to hear.
If we are talking fun to hear, then Serra-Longo win by a country mile. 'Punch a hole in his fucking chest!'

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
I have two pro MMA friends who train there off and on. One goes to Don Dada's BMF ranch to live and train, they also go to Jacksons every other day. He loves it.

The other pal stays with Cub Swanson & trains at Jacksons 3 months of the year. He says that there's a clear bias in the gym where certain fighters get preferential treatment and the sessions are tailored for them whether they're in camp or no.

I've invited them both here but no go so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Emmery Myers

Aug 7, 2015
Im still partial to UFC 2009 Undisputed "if we go to war we go to war"

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
In between rounds Jackson reminds me of an ER doctor. Whatever's going on he's cool, calm, collected.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I met him when he came over for KOTC UK, before they had big UFC success. He was very pleasant and open and invited us to head over and train any time. He was with Joey Vallisanor, who was also very pleasant, despite being drained from a weight cut and waiting to weigh in.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Me too! So puzzled at his choice of a wife tho. She's witty & an interesting writer but idk why he gets an erection. Blah
Any pics of his wife floating about? I love the banter between fowlkes and dundas, easily the best mma podcast.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I met him when he came over for KOTC UK, before they had big UFC success. He was very pleasant and open and invited us to head over and train any time. He was with Joey Vallisanor, who was also very pleasant, despite being drained from a weight cut and waiting to weigh in.
Joey is a unsung legend of the sport imho..I totally agree with all you said..I have many friend who have trained there and say its stellar...

I heard a funny story about a heavy bag that's pretty much concrete..only Wink would kick it usually..after seeing this GSP New to the gym walked up and kicked it HARD..he was unaware of the bags reputation and was in the fetal position clutching his leg lol..

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
No one is beating MM right now and after the last Dodson fight it aint going to be him. Cowboy will get beat also which sucks i love that guy, Condit has a chance, Arlovski is going to kill Mir, Holm had a chance but they are rushing her too fast.