Jake Shields excited to face 'dirty sociopath' Rousimar Palhares

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Jake Shields excited to face 'dirty sociopath' Rousimar Palhares at WSOF 22 - Bloody Elbow

"He's a dirty leg lock fighter - so I've been training for that. This fight's exciting to me, because it's a guy I don't like. It's nice to have someone you don't actually like - it makes it easier to train and I wanna go out there and hurt him. I think the fact that he goes out there and hurts people, not only in fights where it's serious, but in submission matches as well. Guys will tap and he'll still break their leg - in Abu Dhabi he popped a guys leg, he's just a dirty guy. He tries to be overly nice, but I think he's a sociopath. He does it over and over, it's something he enjoys doing," Shields said.

Here's the match Shields is talking about

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FohRibjEbgI

Ref says stop,they stop, then palhares just keeps going:

View: https://gfycat.com/CleanGloomyAsianlion

Palhares vs David Avellan. Palhares with a big takedown, then a heelhook for a win. Palhares goes to hug Avellan and it's treated like he's attacking Avellan. Palhares trying to explain. Apparently the match is being restarted because the submission was out of bounds. More bonkers stuff with Palhares. he must be the Simple Jack of Submission Grappling. Try to restart from heelhook position. Avellan tries to spin out and Palhares kneebars the shit out of him. Could be an injury. Palhares wins ... again, in the same match.

Palhares has a sad background:

Palhares grew up in abject poverty in the Brazilian countryside. He recalls working in the fields to help support his family as young as age seven and said that there were times where there was not enough food for everyone. He eventually had to leave his shanty and move underneath a local bridge in a tent city slum. Palhares began training in Brazilian jiu-jitsu at the age of 15, before moving to Rio de Janeiro to compete professionally
But he's such a weirdo:
Rousimar Palhares ‘fixing the issues’, ready for new a life at WSOF - MMA Fighting

"We’re working hard to make sure that it never happens again," Palhares told MMAFighting.com. "I wasn’t focused and I didn’t realize that I was doing it. Now that I can see it, I hope I can work hard on that. We’re training the right way, fixing the issues. It’s perfect now.

"I never wanted to cause any harm to anyone, and I always believed I’d be able to find a new promotion to fight. I’m really happy that everything is back to normal in my life."

Palhares is expected to make his WSOF debut in March, but no opponent has been lined up yet. Jon Fitch, another welterweight under contract with the promotion, has said in the past that he wouldn’t fight the Brazilian after what he did to Pierce. However, "Toquinho" is confident that WSOF won’t have any problems finding an opponent for his debut.
What were his problems that he fixed?!?

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
He better be careful what he wishes for..last ball of muscle he wanted tangle withh, ragdolled him..

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I think calling him a sociopath is a little much
yea i agree coming from a guy who hasnt evolved his striking a bit...only a sociopath would think Their shit don't stink..and wouldn't evolve cuz they believe their ground game is enougho_O

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Shields wins and makes it look easy, IMO.