Jake Shields: 'Palhares is a bad person, and it makes it fun to go out there and punch him'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Next Saturday night's World Series of Fighting title fight between Jake Shields and Rousimar Palhares has been a little bit personal in the lead-up, particularly for the one-time Strikeforce champion.

Shields has gone on record saying that he's gong to "take out" WSOF's current welterweight champion Palhares, whom he considers a dirty fighter that intentionally tries to hurt people.

On Wednesday's WSOF 22 media call, the 36-year-old challenger Shields reiterated his stance on Palhares.

"I don't remember exactly what I said, but hey, Palhares is a guy I don't really care for," he said. "He's a dirty guy who likes hurting people. He doesn't let go. He plays like he's a nice guy after breaking someone's leg when he doesn't let go. He's just a bad person, and it makes it fun to go out there and punch him."

LINK to full story: Jake Shields: 'Palhares is a bad person, and it makes it fun to go out there and punch him' - MMA Fighting

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I really think it's an intellectual thing with him, calling him a bad person is a bit much.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm not sure how Jake can win this fight, to be quite honest. I hope he surprises me though.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I honestly think Palhares is just so singularly tunnel-visioned when he fights that he just doesn't think to let go once he has a submission. Nothing more, nothing less.

Looking forward to this fight!

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
now what is more probable jake shields winning by knock out or paul harris winning by a leg lock?

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
I don't think Paul has held on to the locks like he did a time or three. People are just hyper sensitive watching him now. Harris hasn't done anything wrong recently and the attempt to shame & scare him to dissuade him from a leg lock sub victory is very pussified. Imo. o_O

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i dont think palhares is a bad person at all.thats kind of screwed up thing to say.he will fuck your leg up bad but i dont think he is doing it out of malice or doing it to be cruel.he is just really good at leg locks and commits to them fully

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I'm not sure how Jake can win this fight, to be quite honest. I hope he surprises me though.
You don't think he might take him down and control him? Jake doesn't follow MMA logic - he took a H bomb and then outwrestled Dan Henderson for 5 rounds.

Not saying he will win but don't count him out.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You don't think he might take him down and control him? Jake doesn't follow MMA logic - he took a H bomb and then outwrestled Dan Henderson for 5 rounds.

Not saying he will win but don't count him out.
I just don't see it. Maybe I'm wrong and Detective Shields grapples his way to a UD...but that's a long time in the cage with a beast like Palhares.

P

Punch

In Iraq, i saw an Emperor scorpion fight a Camel spider. It didn't even sting it, it just walked up and started ripping limbs off with its claws. We named it Paul Harris. :D

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I just don't see it. Maybe I'm wrong and Detective Shields grapples his way to a UD...but that's a long time in the cage with a beast like Palhares.
You're probably right. I've been taking a kicking in the fight prediction bets recently :(