James Gallagher: I'm fighting 'clown' Darrion Caldwell in Dublin 'whether he likes it or not'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015

James Gallagher has every intention of fighting for the bantamweight title after Bellator 204. And he said champion Darrion Caldwell will have to come into enemy territory to do it.

Gallagher (7-0 MMA, 4-0 BMMA) will return from a 14-month layoff Friday when he makes his 135-pound debut at Bellator 204. He meets Ricky Bandejas (10-1 MMA, 0-0 BMMA) on the Paramount-televised main card following prelims streamed on MMAjunkie at Sanford Pentagon in Sioux Falls, S.D.

Despite going unbeaten at featherweight, Gallagher said he was offered an opportunity to move down with indications of a quick path to the gold. Champ Caldwell (12-1 MMA, 9-1 BMMA) is fighting a non-title contest against Noad Lahat (12-3 MMA, 3-1 BMMA) in the Bellator 204 main event, and the Irishman said it’s obvious set-up for a future showdown.

“I got offered this one and they were talking about the title,” Gallagher told MMAjunkie. “They said, ‘Fight this guy at bantamweight and you’ll get the title shot in Dublin. It was a no-brainer. I’m here to be world champion and prove I’m the best in the world in Bellator. I’m going to stiffen this guy up and go beat up Darrion Caldwell in Dublin in front of my own people and take his belt.”

Since his change in weight class was announced, there’s been some social media back-and-forth between Gallagher, 21, and Caldwell, 30. Neither fighter is short on confidence, but Gallagher said he hasn’t received a vibe of respect from the champ.

“I can hear it in his words, the way he’s speaking about me that he’s underestimating me,” Gallagher said. “He doesn’t got the respect I’ve got for him. He’s a phenomenal fighter, he’s the world champion. I’m not going to say he’s (expletive), but he’s saying that about me. If he’s thinks I’m (expletive), he’s going to be in for a big shock. He’s going to be in for the shock of his life. He’ll be shocked when I snatch his belt off him and he’s going to be a lost man. He’s not going to have a clue in there of what I’m going to do to him. I can’t wait to see that look on him.”

Gallagher was supposed to headline November’s Bellator 187 in Dublin but was forced to withdraw due to a knee injury. He said it was a heartbreaking moment to not fight in his home country, but he envisions a return there before the end of the year – this time with Caldwell’s title on the line.

“He’s going to get dragged to Dublin whether he likes it or not,” Gallagher said. “I’m fighting for that belt whether he’s there or not. If he doesn’t come the belt is up for grabs and I’m grabbing it. If he does, I’m going to run through him and watch that shock go through his face. I can’t wait to see the shock in his eyes once he realizes I’m one of the best in the world.”

Gallagher said he holds the skillset of Caldwell in high regard. His opinion about the current champ as a person, though, doesn’t fall in the same light.

“To be honest I feel he’s absolute clown as a person,” Gallagher said. “He’s an absolute (expletive). Everyone wants to see me whip his ass. They don’t want to see him go there. They want to see me burst him and take his belt. Whether he likes it or not I'm coming. It’s ‘The Jimmy Show.’ I’m calling the shots. He can hand over his belt and stay at 145 or whatever he wants to do, but he has to come to Dublin or he’s gone.”

Full story here:
James Gallagher: I'm fighting 'clown' Darrion Caldwell in Dublin 'whether he likes it or not'

Neural

Feb 25, 2016
Gallagher is like if Conor and Bieber had kid, and raised him to be an annoying.
How could such a demon spawn little cunt not be annoying? His arrogance would be so strong that anytime you seen him you would have the irresistible urge to punch his face in.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I don’t get bellator here in the uk so I have no idea who this guy and his clown are......