James Gallagher meets newcomer Ricky Bandejas in bantamweight bout at Bellator 204

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015

James Gallagher will make his debut in the bantamweight division in South Dakota at Bellator 204 on Aug. 17 against promotional newcomer, Ricky Bandejas.

Sources confirmed the fight with MMA Fighting on Wednesday following an initial report from Sanford Pentagon.

Gallagher (7-0-0) has been out of action since his memorable first round submission win over Chinzo Machida at Bellator: NYC last June.

“The Strabanimal” suffered knee injury that forced him out of what was slated to be his first promotional main event against Jeremiah Labiano at Bellator 187 in Dublin. After recovering from his knee injury, a subsequent hand injury ruled him out of his Bellator 196 meeting with Hungarian prospect, Adam Borics.

Gallagher has gone 4-0 with Bellator since being signed as a blue-chip prospect in 2016, with his wins coming against Mike Cutting, Anthony Taylor, Kirill Medvedovski and, most recently, Machida.

Nick Catone product Bandejas (10-1-0) signed on the dotted line with Bellator last week after a stellar run with CFFC, as first reported by MMAJunkie.com. In his last outing, Bandejas stopped Nick Mamalis in the fourth round to reclaim the promotion’s bantamweight title at CFFC 69.

Every single contest of Bandejas’ career thus far has been contested under the CFFC banner. He has tasted defeat just once when he met Nick Pace in his first CFFC title fight in Oct. 2015. Pace won the fight via first round submission.

Full story here:
James Gallagher meets newcomer Ricky Bandejas in bantamweight bow at Bellator 204

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Ranger was right lol. I hope Bandejas beats Gallagher. James hasn't done much to warrant such a cocky behavior. I also feel that he has a fairly low ceiling in mma. He just doesn't have the 'it' factor for me.

Good on James for dropping down though. No way was he going to compete against the best at FW. BW is much more shallow, so it is good for me

Also, booking him on this event doesn't really make much sense to me. the only thing i can come up with is the fact that they needs to give him a fight asap and the had nothing scheduled in NY or ireland. still though, could have scheduled him on a cali card, as those are the bigger bellator events.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
They need to start matching up Gallagher with some of the top 10 guys. Then we'll see what he's made of.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
not sure if OP meant 'bout' or 'row'.

but I like 'bow'. nice visual.