James Gallagher running from Aaron Pico?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

stielar

Posting Machine
Dec 30, 2015
They shouldn't fight each other. Bellator should build both of them up and have them face each other later in their career, possibly in Ireland.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
They shouldn't fight each other. Bellator should build both of them up and have them face each other later in their career, possibly in Ireland.
Probably. But it doesn't look like Pico wants to wait that long :)

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
No chance Coker would let two young guys that he wants to become stars fight each other this earlier in their careers.

I'm available June 24th. I'll ankle pick Pico fo sho.
In the long run it may be a great investment to let these two fight right now so early in both careers.

Winner would get the momentum and continue up the ladder while the loser has to regroup and build up his resume before later down the road setting up an epic rematch ..depending on how their careers play out.

Fight now, then have both guys go separate directions for some time ...only to eventually build up to a rematch a few years down the road.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
To be fair to Gallagher, I wouldn't wanna fight Apico @Apico either. Nothing good can is gonna come from that at all. You beat him (unlikely)...people say you beat a guy with no experience. You get your ass manhandled (very likely)...well, that's not good.
To be fair, the world has no idea who either of these guys are, so aside from the two of them, no one gives a fuck.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Not trying to be a dick, but I don't know anything about Pico. Where does he train? Does he have good striking, or is he going to be a boring lay and prayer playing for points?

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Not trying to be a dick, but I don't know anything about Pico. Where does he train? Does he have good striking, or is he going to be a boring lay and prayer playing for points?
On top of the wrestling accolades, he's been a Pankration champion and Golden Gloves champion.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
On top of the wrestling accolades, he's been a Pankration champion and Golden Gloves champion.
Sounds like an interesting fellow. Does he fight at a weight were the Irish guy with stupid tattoos can run and hide from him?

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Sounds like an interesting fellow. Does he fight at a weight were the Irish guy with stupid tattoos can run and hide from him?
He's debuting at LW, a weight class up from where Gallagher is now, but Pico has said he wants to rule LW and FW. So he can't hide there for long.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
To be fair, the world has no idea who either of these guys are, so aside from the two of them, no one gives a fuck.
Aaron Pico is pretty well known in the MMA world already and the guy hasn't even fought yet. Being talked about as the greatest prospect ever by some. And he missed the Olympics by a point in OT, so he's obviously very well known and highly respected in those circles.

I think he's the next big thing in MMA. The guy that takes Bellator to the next level.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Aaron Pico is pretty well known in the MMA world already and the guy hasn't even fought yet. Being talked about as the greatest prospect ever by some. And he missed the Olympics by a point in OT, so he's obviously very well known and highly respected in those circles.

I think he's the next big thing in MMA. The guy that takes Bellator to the next level.
Ok, fair enough. I've never heard of the guy. I tend to pay attention to the sport more than most people, so when I haven't heard of someone, the masses most certainly haven't either. If he is a wrestler, maybe wrestlers follow the guy and respect his abilities and credentials. Wrestling isn't a sport people tune in and watch (I can't remember the last time I even saw wrestling on tv).

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
I don't even give a fuck what rampage wishes he would have done with his life. He is so far down on my list of shits to give that I couldn't even be bothered to post this in the right thread.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I don't even give a fuck what rampage wishes he would have done with his life. He is so far down on my list of shits to give that I couldn't even be bothered to post this in the right thread.
Get the fuck out of this thread phaggot!

TedCzech

Ted Czech
Jan 11, 2016
People have been saying the same thing about Derrick Lewis and Francis Ngannou. For some reason, I'm not a fan of the "build them up, let them fight later" philosophy. I say instead of giving hot prospects cans to fight, let two rising prospects have a competitive fight now, then see where their careers go. If one of them becomes champ and the other maybe a challenger, you've already got a story to hype the re-match/title fight.

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
People have been saying the same thing about Derrick Lewis and Francis Ngannou. For some reason, I'm not a fan of the "build them up, let them fight later" philosophy. I say instead of giving hot prospects cans to fight, let two rising prospects have a competitive fight now, then see where their careers go. If one of them becomes champ and the other maybe a challenger, you've already got a story to hype the re-match/title fight.
Like having Rory fight Condit right away. They messed up by never having that rematch.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Ok, fair enough. I've never heard of the guy. I tend to pay attention to the sport more than most people, so when I haven't heard of someone, the masses most certainly haven't either. If he is a wrestler, maybe wrestlers follow the guy and respect his abilities and credentials. Wrestling isn't a sport people tune in and watch (I can't remember the last time I even saw wrestling on tv).
He's not just a wrestler. From what I've read and understand and seen since wild brought him into the community, he's legit, has been boxing from a young age

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dHwUX50tW5g

Listening to his interview on Ariel today, he fought in pankration from a young age - I believe 11 years old - he's 19 now
Has 30+ boxing fights
He said no to fighting some 1-2 or 1-0 fighter as an opening fight.....
Trains at AKA......