James Gunn: Guardians of the Galaxy director fired over offensive tweets

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Apparently Disney knew about this years ago, it's only because of some whistle blower that they've had to fire him, and rightly so.

I still don't think he's a bad guy, he was just trying to make a name for himself and shock humour like that gets you out there. It's not cool, but he's not a paedophile for saying what he said.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
On reflection and discussion, they were backed into a corner after that fuckstick uncovered those tweets.
I’m still standing by what I said.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Fuck him. No reason on earth to defend a millionaire in the entertainment industry. They all know the rules and except them with the huge pay checks. Joke about sex with little kids, loss your job. Seems fair. Their is another talented person that will replace him with no effort and not make those jokes. Again, Fuck him.

Super Dave

The party’s over
Dec 28, 2015
Based on past performance the Internet wouldn't have cared. We've seen ever manor of twitter apology at this point and no one ever cares
Fair point.
We'll see if the Guardians cast can get him rehired though I'd be shocked if it happens.

Last edited:

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
The sad thing is these companies see a shit storm, panic, and then make rash decisions.

What they have to realize is the snowflakes that whine about this kind of stuff have no gumption, no real attention span. It'll die down very quickly and they'll move on to the next outrage, and you can continue about your business.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
The sad thing is these companies see a shit storm, panic, and then make rash decisions.

What they have to realize is the snowflakes that whine about this kind of stuff have no gumption, no real attention span. It'll die down very quickly and they'll move on to the next outrage, and you can continue about your business.
I hope it dies down, he's been hung out to dry at this point. If they weren't a kiddy's company I would hope things would be different.

M

member 603

I get why Bautista is upset... The guy is loyal to a guy who gave him a breakout role.

Dave is correct in saying that the uncovering of those 10 year old tweets were part of a smear campaign by those two Nazi loving douchebags that Gunn called out on Twitter.... They find them, there's "public outcry" from the "let's cry and complain about EVERYTHING" crowd... Disney sees that and fires Gunn in a kneejerk way that now they won't backpedal from (the ironic thing is that it was because of 10 year old tweets that he apologized for years back.... Disney fired him for that, but announced that they are in development for Pirates 6 with Johnny Depp returning SMH).

NOW Disney doesn't want to look like they're backpedaling, or that they have reacted extremely kneejerk, so they say that no matter what, Gunn isn't returning.....
Fine that's their prerogative to do so..... But now they're doubling down saying that they won't use his script due to all of this.... That's just fucking stupid.... It was terrible jokes stated 10 years ago, that motherfucker didn't go on a shooting rampage in a puppy and baby hospital (although if he did, he'd probably get more support from people). That's why Bautista and the cast are pissed, it's bad enough to fire the guy over a bullshit smear campaign, but to then say that they won't use his submitted script... That's some BULLSHIT!!!

Gunn has crafted the cosmic side of the MCU, to not use his script is fucking stupid