General James Holzhauer's domination on Jeopardy

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

This story is getting more and more media attention as Holzhauer's winnings accumulate at a record pace. ESPN actually wrote an article about it yesterday. Yes, ESPN. Jeopardy is a competition but far from a sport. But so many people are interested in the performance of Mr. Smarty Pants that many media outlets are picking up on it.

Good chart below showing how Holzhauer's pace is blowing away the top contestants in the history of the show.

Last edited:

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
This is a great run for Trebek to be a part of at the end of his tenure as host.
you're not kidding..if something after happens work alex james should take over.. hes a smart ass but has tact.. He's a genius at work during this run and honestly this is as impressive as any feat in sports I've seen.. dudes a savant i'm telling ya... He's rewrote the jeopardy strategy guide and is 1 brilliant mfer.. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up beating jennings 74 day record and blow his total winnings out the water in half the time. .I watched him go 40 for 40 and win 131k and ws in utter shock.. do yourselves the favor and tune in tonight you won't be disappointed... he holds jeaopardy top 5 single day winnings record and keeps topping himself.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
you're not kidding..if something after happens work alex james should take over.. hes a smart ass but has tact.. He's a genius at work during this run and honestly this is as impressive as any feat in sports I've seen.. dudes a savant i'm telling ya... He's rewrote the jeopardy strategy guide and is 1 brilliant mfer.. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up beating jennings 74 day record and blow his total winnings out the water in half the time. .I watched him go 40 for 40 and win 131k and ws in utter shock.. do yourselves the favor and tune in tonight you won't be disappointed... he holds jeaopardy top 5 single day winnings record and keeps topping himself.
I'm a huge Jeopardy! fan, I even took the test to get on the show. I love when these guys go on tears, it's such a great format. Will miss Trebek greatly.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
I'm a huge Jeopardy! fan, I even took the test to get on the show. I love when these guys go on tears, it's such a great format. Will miss Trebek greatly.
Hmm. That's an interesting piece of trivia in itself. Didn't the test have any questions relating to posteriors? :)

You'd just get into trouble on the show anyway by "accidentally" referring to the Daily Double penetration.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Hmm. That's an interesting piece of trivia in itself. Didn't the test have any questions relating to posteriors? :)

You'd just get into trouble on the show anyway by "accidentally" referring to the Daily Double penetration.
My signature and my contestant interview would not be air-able.

Jan 21, 2015
When they get a new host, I hope Trebek enters as a contestant and rulez that shit for like 2 years straight

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
my dad was telling me about this the other day. Guy said he goes to the Children's Section of the library. The facts are presented in a format that's easy to quickly understand.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
I’m really good at Jeopardy.
My wife made it to the final audition with simulated games.
I destroy her.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What's he up to now, like 18 straight wins or something?

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I knew a chick in the 90s
was when we were in college
she went on a 8 day run of kicking ass on jeopardy

she was very flexible and could put her legs behind her head
This was very good for sex purposes

blond small gymnast with great tits

was like a human pretzel without the salt or carbs

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
I knew a chick in the 90s
was when we were in college
she went on a 8 day run of kicking ass on jeopardy

she was very flexible and could put her legs behind her head
This was very good for sex purposes

blond small gymnast with great tits

was like a human pretzel without the salt or carbs
Link

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
And he's done. Didn't reach the all-time winnings record. Lost to a librarian.

One of the most dominant competitive performances ever witnessed on TV is over -- James Holzhauer has been defeated, his remarkable run on "Jeopardy!" stopped just short of the iconic gameshow's all-time winnings record.

Emma Boettcher, a user experience librarian from Chicago, won $46,801 to defeat Holzhauer on Monday's episode, ending his prolific 32-game winning streak that captivated the nation.

In 33 games, Holzhauer won $2,464,216. He was poised to take over the top spot in the show's all-time, regular-play winnings list with one more big win, but he'll settle for second, $56,484 behind computer scientist and author Ken Jennings, who won $2,520,700 during an epic 74-game winning streak in 2004.

On Monday's show, Boettcher grabbed the lead in the Double Jeopardy round and put the champ away with a $20,000 wager and the correct response of "Who is Christopher Marlowe?" in Final Jeopardy.

"Oh, gosh. What a payday," host Alex Trebek exclaimed, as a smiling Holzhauer walked across the stage to give Boettcher a congratulatory high-five.

Holzhauer's run on Jeopardy! ends shy of record

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
It was a great run. You could see it coming in the match he lost. He got the Jeopardy clue with his 1st selection in round 1 so that fucked him. Then the librarian chick was good and she found both of the double jeopardy clues in the 2nd. He got final jeopardy correct, but was losing by about 2 grand so when she got it right too it was over.

I wonder if his strategy of going after the high dollar clues early in the game so you have an available bankroll for the Jeopardy clues will become the new thing. It definitely worked for him.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Ken Jennings was a machine. The thing about the earnings was he always made conservative wagers and had this near OCD like tic about keeping his number even. So he'd skip a $300 question to get a $500 question just so his number would stay in the fives or tens. All that to say even if this guy had passed the earnings, he would have still trailed Jennings by over 40 wins. Still, impressive run and this guy really worked the numbers well.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It was a great run. You could see it coming in the match he lost. He got the Jeopardy clue with his 1st selection in round 1 so that fucked him. Then the librarian chick was good and she found both of the double jeopardy clues in the 2nd. He got final jeopardy correct, but was losing by about 2 grand so when she got it right too it was over.

I wonder if his strategy of going after the high dollar clues early in the game so you have an available bankroll for the Jeopardy clues will become the new thing. It definitely worked for him.
Ken Jennings was a machine. The thing about the earnings was he always made conservative wagers and had this near OCD like tic about keeping his number even. So he'd skip a $300 question to get a $500 question just so his number would stay in the fives or tens. All that to say even if this guy had passed the earnings, he would have still trailed Jennings by over 40 wins. Still, impressive run and this guy really worked the numbers well.