Jason Knight replaces ‘Korean Zombie’ against Ricardo Lamas at UFC 214

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

As was first reported on Tuesday by the Los Angeles Times’ Lance Pugmire, rising featherweight prospect Jason Knight will be filling in for “The Korean Zombie” at UFC 214 in Anaheim, CA on July 29th. Jung had to withdraw due to (among other things) a ruptured ACL and MCL.

Knight (17-2) is on a four-fight winning streak and arguably should be ranked already, but he currently isn’t. After losing on short-notice to Tatsuya Kawajiri, the man who has been dubbed “Hick Diaz” has rattled off victories over Jim Alers, Dan Hooker, Alex Caceres, and most recently a very impressive third-round TKO over Chas Skelly at UFC 211.

Jason Knight fights Ricardo Lamas at UFC 214

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Kid's a stud, and he couldn't be more from Mississippi. Absolutely terrible tattoo on his back but I'll forgive him.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Agreed with the God fucking awful tattoo on his back. He is also far from the smartest fellow in the game, but there is no denying he is one of the most exciting fighters in the sport. I'm going to enjoy watching this kid rise up the rankings.

Two things about this video Q&A, it is so funny when they read out the screen names before reading the questions, and a few minutes in he reads out the screen name 'BonerPatrol_69' with a straight face, lol! The other thing, he says when he retires he pretty much plans on becoming a pot head, hanging around and taking it easy, having fun, you know.

Lukewarm Carl

TMMAC Addict
Aug 7, 2015
Oh shit. That's a good step up for Jason. This fight could be fun as hell. I dig it. Great and unexpected replacement for TKZ

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
The back tat looks like a cover up of some sort. Maybe not, but I'd be hard pressed to believe someone would want that mush solid black in that tat lol

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The back tat looks like a cover up of some sort. Maybe not, but I'd be hard pressed to believe someone would want that mush solid black in that tat lol
He says in the video posted above that it is a cover up for a really shitty grim reaper tattoo he got and regretted as a 16 year old. He also said it's not finished yet and we shouldn't judge it prematurely, lol! I don't see anyway out on that mess myself.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Agreed with the God fucking awful tattoo on his back. He is also far from the smartest fellow in the game, but there is no denying he is one of the most exciting fighters in the sport. I'm going to enjoy watching this kid rise up the rankings.

Two things about this video Q&A, it is so funny when they read out the screen names before reading the questions, and a few minutes in he reads out the screen name 'BonerPatrol_69' with a straight face, lol! The other thing, he says when he retires he pretty much plans on becoming a pot head, hanging around and taking it easy, having fun, you know.
Kid is a lot smarter than he comes off. Example: He won a $50k bonus last time out and used it to pay off the principal on his mortgage (said he now only has $20k to pay it off at age 25), and get a new ride...and by new ride, I mean he bought a used Chevy Tahoe with 130k miles on it and said he'll drop a new engine in it when this one blows up. So from a financial perspective, he's definitely got his shit together.

bully4me

Aug 10, 2015
Kid is a lot smarter than he comes off. Example: He won a $50k bonus last time out and used it to pay off the principal on his mortgage (said he now only has $20k to pay it off at age 25), and get a new ride...and by new ride, I mean he bought a used Chevy Tahoe with 130k miles on it and said he'll drop a new engine in it when this one blows up. So from a financial perspective, he's definitely got his s

hit together.
There is a difference between smart and practical. Get what you're saying, so many get some cash and blow it all right away on crap, thinking they'll get payed again and the ride won't stop. Sad to see so many fighters go broke at the end of their career.

Think this kid hasn't had a lot given to him and in many ways Jason is a True Fighter who appreciates everything he has worked for. Something about his character make me want him to do very well. This fight is a very big step up, if he wins for sure he'll be given a big push by the UFC.

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Kid is a lot smarter than he comes off. Example: He won a $50k bonus last time out and used it to pay off the principal on his mortgage (said he now only has $20k to pay it off at age 25), and get a new ride...and by new ride, I mean he bought a used Chevy Tahoe with 130k miles on it and said he'll drop a new engine in it when this one blows up. So from a financial perspective, he's definitely got his shit together.
Hey man, great post. Definitely some informative insight there because he comes off as anything but someone who might make responsible decisions in that interview. I wasn't familiar with him until this last fight, but man 'o man did he make me a fan with that performance. I'll look forward to any fight this kid has at this stage............and fighting Lamas is no short order.

lueVelvet

WHERT DA FERCK?
Aug 29, 2015
You mean he didn't blow his money on face tattoos?! Platty Mike can learn from this kid!

Last edited: