Jedrzejczyk and Gadelha likely as 'TUF 23' coaches

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

UFC women’s strawweight champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk said she is “99 percent” likely to coach the 23rd edition of “The Ultimate Fighter” opposite rival Claudia Gadelha.

Speaking on Monday to Polish MMA outlet MMARocks.pl, Jedrzejczyk stopped short of confirming the news. But “TUF 20” vet Tecia Torres later backed the report, recently telling fans she heard the strawweight rivals will coach against each other on the reality show.

In an email to MMAjunkie, a UFC official declined comment on the show’s casting. If confirmed, the coaches would mark the first time women’s strawweights have coached on the long-running reality series, which just wrapped up its 22nd season featuring now-featherweight champion Conor McGregor and popular ex-champ Urijah Faber.

In previous interviews, Jedrzejczyk (11-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) welcomed a coaching spot on “TUF,” though a rematch with Gadelha wasn’t at the top of her list. She said Gadelha (13-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC)needs one more win to cement her status as the No. 1 contender.

But Jedrzejczyk’s timeline doesn’t match with UFC President Dana White, who said Gadelha will be the next challenger to Jedrzejczyk’s title.

LINK: Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Claudia Gadelha likely as 'TUF 23' coaches

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Count me in. Big Claudia fan here and it has nothing to do with her fighting abilities. Hopefully she brings her sisters to be assistant coaches.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Kill the fucking show. Go with a new concept. It's old and stale and no one watches it anymore.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Won't watch. I enjoy fighting not pageants. I'd like a season with matt Hume and paulson as coaches, no need for a fight after. I would also like less homo eroticism ,but I realise that isn't going to happen.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Won't watch. I enjoy fighting not pageants. I'd like a season with matt Hume and paulson as coaches, no need for a fight after. I would also like less homo eroticism ,but I realise that isn't going to happen.
Yeah, unfortunately the fighting alone doesn't garner enough following, so they have to add drama and others things to the storylines. The show ran it's course years ago, and this is the only way they can keep people semi-interested.

hit4me4

Given out tokes like it ain't no thing
Oct 24, 2015
They need to do a a season with fighters who are fighting in the UFC but they are close to getting cut. Basically, all the fighters in the house are fighting for THEIR UFC contract. You lose and you are cut. Maybe they keep 5 of the 16 fighters at the end of the season if they prove themselves on the show. Throw in some guys who have fought each other in the past in the UFC to make the fights interesting in the house (some Shonie Carter-Matt Serra type interactions). You make some of the Fightpass and undercard fighters more visible and people may actually give a crap about the fighters.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Yeah, unfortunately the fighting alone doesn't garner enough following, so they have to add drama and others things to the storylines. The show ran it's course years ago, and this is the only way they can keep people semi-interested.
Yeah I know. At this rate I am thinking an open weight celebrity show might be fun.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
They need to do a a season with fighters who are fighting in the UFC but they are close to getting cut. Basically, all the fighters in the house are fighting for THEIR UFC contract. You lose and you are cut. Maybe they keep 5 of the 16 fighters at the end of the season if they prove themselves on the show. Throw in some guys who have fought each other in the past in the UFC to make the fights interesting in the house (some Shonie Carter-Matt Serra type interactions). You make some of the Fightpass and undercard fighters more visible and people may actually give a crap about the fighters.
This is a good idea. Mix it up some.