Jedrzejczyk: Paige VanZant will become a UFC champion’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Even though Paige VanZant was outclassed by Rose Namajunas at UFC Fight Night 80 on Thursday night, she showed her mettle by withstanding punishment for nearly five rounds. How much did it stand out? Most people were buzzing about VanZant’s heart more than they were Namajunas’ superiority in the aftermath of the fight.

And at just 21 years old, there is plenty of reason to think VanZant will bounce back and learn from the experience. An emotional VanZant herself said she needed to sharpen her technique and that there was a long way to go in the post-fight press conference. She had plenty of support in the MMA community, too. One of her believers happens to be current strawweight champion, Joanna Jedrzejczyk, who sees big things on the horizon for VanZant.

"It was an amazing fight between Paige and Rose, and a difficult fight for Paige VanZant," Jedrzejczyk said during a media day on Saturday in Las Vegas. "So Rose did well. She didn’t fight that much after TUF but she showed that she’s game. And Paige VanZant, she’s still young, but she’s very talented and she’s a bad ass. She’s got the character. She still must learn a lot, but she’s a very good fight. In the future for sure she will become a UFC champion."

"The strawweight division is a pretty young division, but it’s growing up," she said. "The UFC is the best organization in the world, they sign the best fighters. We’ve got the best strawweight fighters in the world, and I’m just waiting on them."

LINK: Joanna Jedrzejczyk: Paige VanZant will 'for sure become a UFC champion’

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Of course she will, when you have zuffa calling the shots anyone they want will become a champ with or without skill

F*K Censorship

get what you can, then take the rest
Oct 27, 2015
Well thats funny, a ufc champ is serving us the ufc controlled koolaid. First she defends the ufc pay which ofcourse shes happy, now trying to convince us Paige will be champ. I say page retires after her next ass whopping.

Why cant Joanna say that the one who crushed PVZ in virtually every minute is a future champ, ooohhh wait, its because ufc/reebok have invested in pvz and they need a good fighter like JJ to help resale her.

Im not sold, infact i bet she leaves fighting soon to return to modeling (and shes a 6 in the modeling world at best). Anone who saw her post figt knows she cant handle another beatdown loss.

Cup_Check

Dec 26, 2015
Joanna is my favorite female fighter, but damn if they don't own her

She
-loves the Reebok deal
-loves fighter pay
-defends UFC's chosen ones
etc...

What she says about Rose = "So Rose did well. She didn’t fight that much after TUF but she showed that she’s game"

and about Paige, who got outclassed = "she’s still young, but she’s very talented and she’s a bad ass. She’s got the character. She still must learn a lot, but she’s a very good fight. In the future for sure she will become a UFC champion."

I wonder who wrote that for her?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

She
-loves the Reebok deal
-loves fighter pay
etc...

What she says about Rose = "So Rose did well. She didn’t fight that much after TUF but she showed that she’s game"

and about Paige, who got outclassed = "she’s still young, but she’s very talented and she’s a bad ass. She’s got the character. She still must learn a lot, but she’s a very good fight. In the future for sure she will become a UFC champion."

Yeah, I like Joanna but I'm not buying it. Now maybe she truly believes that, but Paige was thoroughly dominated by someone that's only a couple years older than her. Its not like Rose is going anywhere, and its not like the rest of the girls arent going to get better over time as well.

Cup_Check

Dec 26, 2015
Yeah, I like Joanna but I'm not buying it. Now maybe she truly believes that, but Paige was thoroughly dominated by someone that's only a couple years older than her. Its not like Rose is going anywhere, and its not like the rest of the girls arent going to get better over time as well.
Exactly.

Rose is 23 with 6 fights, PVZ is 21 with 8 fights.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015

She
-loves the Reebok deal
-loves fighter pay
etc...

Exactly.
I don't want my Perfect Polish Princess to go the way of the dark side... Please Lord Vader, don't let this happen in the name of BLAF

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Tecia Torres is undefeated and has wins over both Rose and PVZ.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Joanna is well on her way to being a suitable replacement for Ronda after she retires, as the most hated person in the world.

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
Until she drops a interview like this I think she is safe -

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJx9ekzjZ-I
I was being a bit sarcastic after reading some of the posts. Certainly she won't be the most hated and Ronda isn't the most hated either though some would get that impression if they spent all their time on the internet reading and believing what 14 year olds and middle aged men with failed lives have to say.

What I'm talking about is Joanna is going to keep defending the UFC and now she's started to talk down to her opponents and you couple that with being able to back up her words and it starts to piss people off. Joanna hasn't been the champion long enough yet but if she keeps destroying opponents the day will come when she starts getting accused of being a Muay Thai expert fighting soccer mom's. People will turn against her. People like winners until they win too much.

People celebrate when others crash down to Earth. It's human nature. You look at any person or team in sports history that has had success for a long period of time and you'll see the backlash. People start finding things to nitpick and soon they start nitpicking about things that didn't even happen or they resort to fantasy and hypotheticals. It even happens to people outside of sports. I don't know if its jealousy or what but it happens.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with the interview so I really don't get your point.