VID Jeff Mayweather: UFC wants 80% of Conor McGregor’s purse from Floyd Mayweather fight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
I hope after Floyd fight Conor leaves UFC for good.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Terrible interviewer sheesh.

Guess bob Arum wasn't full of shit after all.... except on the actual numbers.

NHBStriker

Posting Machine
Sep 5, 2015
I like Jeff Mayweather. I've only seen a couple interviews with him, but he seems like a good guy to me.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It's amazing how long the UFC has been able to do this shite.
Yes it is. Nothing will change until they get their comeuppance either, but who's stick their neck out there & fight them? That's the question. Hopefully McGregor but we'll see...I have my doubts.

M

member 603

This may come across as unpopular, but the UFC has the right in my opinion to ask for compensation in allowing Conor to box.

Conor is an MMA fighter who is asking to technically break (those contracts forbid fighting in another organization) his UFC contract for his own personal financial gains in another combat sport. When Conor goes out and gets knocked out, what if he's unable to fight ever again? What if he's injured for a long time and can't fulfill his contractual obligations?

The UFC should make money off this fight (since they aren't co promoting it)...... Now 80%? Thaaaaaat may be much.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
This may come across as unpopular, but the UFC has the right in my opinion to ask for compensation in allowing Conor to box.

Conor is an MMA fighter who is asking to technically break (those contracts forbid fighting in another organization) his UFC contract for his own personal financial gains in another combat sport. When Conor goes out and gets knocked out, what if he's unable to fight ever again? What if he's injured for a long time and can't fulfill his contractual obligations?

The UFC should make money off this fight (since they aren't co promoting it)...... Now 80%? Thaaaaaat may be much.
It should be 80% for McGregor & 20% for the UFC...

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015

Do they do the same for BJJ matches, if active MMA/UFC fighters choose to participate?

M

member 603

Do they do the same for BJJ matches, if active MMA/UFC fighters choose to participate?
I think it may have more to do with striking and the potential medical suspension that comes with it... I think it's a mandatory 30 days after an MMA fight even if you go out and KO a guy in 10 seconds, boxing has a longer suspension.

BJJ tournaments can be considered "training", however I know that after a fight contact is signed, they can't do a tournament.

Ed_Stark

I am coming
Oct 24, 2015
Jeff Mayweather is the man. He's hilarious doing interviews on the Mayweather youtube channel. He talks about all the big fights with other fighters. Boxing and mma. Check it out, u won't be disappointed.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

It's better than the 92% they've been getting for years...

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

I can't see a court case with a vedict siding with the ufc on this. The show is the combatants, the health/life risk is the combatants, then the promoters need the combatants' own interviews and own words to promote the fight. On top of that, quite a few people are talking about the fight and are intrigued, so ut could be argued that promotion will only account for the cherry on top since ppv buys will already be tgere.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
Conor should sign a shitty contract for like $10million and give the UFC 80-20, and then sign a personal contract with Floyd to give him his millions of $$$$ after the fight (if that's even possible)

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I think it may have more to do with striking and the potential medical suspension that comes with it... I think it's a mandatory 30 days after an MMA fight even if you go out and KO a guy in 10 seconds, boxing has a longer suspension.

BJJ tournaments can be considered "training", however I know that after a fight contact is signed, they can't do a tournament.
I see. Well, the principle is the same. Especially if they get reimbursed. The risks are of different nature of course, a bone may break, or something may tear (much longer recovery time). But it is like boxing, another combat sport. And I was always wondering how they can do BJJ tournaments without a peep, but let's say kick boxing or karate or boxing? And, they may also be considered training really, hard sparring?

I think money is the only motivation here. The amount.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
MMA needs regulation to protect fighters from this shite.
How about Conor signed a exclusive contract of his own free will. Also this is a negotiation, of course the UFC is going to throw out some absurd number to start.