VID Jeff Monson gets violently KO'd by illegal headkick

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=206&v=KRON6RhJHVY

Jeff Monson has been on a journeyman's tour throughout the many towns in Russia, accepting unregulated fights with alarming regularity. Most recently, Monson took part in the Shield Relight 2 event, where he was viciously knocked out in the opening round.

However, Monson, who wore the Russian flag to the cage that evening, still won the fight.

Immediately following referee intervention to call a TKO win for Monson's opponent, the fighter soccer kicked Monson in the head and was immediately disqualified.

LINK: Video: Jeff Monson gets KO'd, wins fight anyway - Bloody Elbow

M

member 603

Damn that's horrifying.... Poor Snowman, man I hope he stops before he becomes a statistic

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I really don't think Monson is a candidate for Liddellitis.
But true, serious dick move, totally deliberate.
Looked like he had a vendetta.

Hope he gets hit by a Yugo.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Jeff is having major major money problems. Sadly this is not going to end well in the long run for him. He was set when he was working with ATT. He could of had his own gym making a shit ton of cash by now. His ideology has burned allot of bridges

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Jeff is having major major money problems. Sadly this is not going to end well in the long run for him. He was set when he was working with ATT. He could of had his own gym making a shit ton of cash by now. His ideology has burned allot of bridges
Ya, sad to see

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This sport sometimes...

It's just like boxing or wrestling. Got to get out of the bottom to do anything but destroy yourself. Get a taste of the top and the fickle beast that is MMA throws you out as soon as your window of time is up.

And I don't think there's a fix. We can get a fighters union and health benefit residuals for some, but there will always be this long hard burnout for others. Fight this often in these small side shows? Gonna be bad.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Is it possible to summarise his career for this of us who don't have close knowledge of him?

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
How much do you think he's actually making in small shows like these? A couple grand maybe?

Even if its more, its not worth it especially at this stage in his career.

Hopefully he can retire and try to get a coaching spot in a gym over there.

Agree with the burning bridges bit. It seems he's crossed the line of no divide. I don't agree with his ideologies but I can respect the fact that he is willing to actually follow through on them and try to help the people of Russia and attempt to get citizenship.

If he knew what he was getting into before hand and is content, then good for him.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
There is no doubt Jeff has an incredible knowledge of ju jitsu and could be one hell of a coach. His accomplishments are unbelievable as he was one of the top submission guys for a number of years. He could of made allot of money due to this but he choose a different path. This whole thing in Russia has me confused. One of two things with this one. Either Jeff is getting paid squat OR(and more so my hunch) is this is mob backed which really concerns me.
Jeff is a nice guy if you can keep him from talking politics. Very intellectual and smart but this doesn't add up and I'm not sure wtf he's doing as it's been a few yrs since I spoke to him last. He can make money here in the states from seminars. I just do not know why he's there doing what he's doing with some scary sob's.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
The thing is Jeff and I align pretty well ideologically so I honestly can't see how he can square such capitalist skullduggery with said ideology.