Jimi Manuwa lays into ‘fat f-cking’ wrestler and ‘bully’ Daniel Cormier

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Jimi Manuwa has had a bone to pick with Daniel Cormier ever since the current light heavyweight champion laid into him at UFC 210.

Cormier, who defended his title against Anthony ‘Rumble’ Johnson at Buffalo New York’s KeyBank Center, targeted ‘Poster Boy’ in a WWE-style rant in the post-fight interview with Joe Rogan.

Since then, Manuwa has repeatedly dissed Cormier on social media and in interviews, and the No. 3 ranked contender really took it to the former Olympian in a recent interview with MMA-Panelen.

Manuwa didn’t like how Cormier dismissed him on The MMA Hour, telling Ariel Helwani that he has ‘no chance’ in a title fight. The heavy handed Brit responded by calling the current champ a ‘fat wrestler’…

Manuwa lays into ‘fat f--king’ wrestler and ‘bully’ Daniel Cormier

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Hopefully Jimi is in shape. There is still a few days left for Jon to do something stupid and get pulled from the fight. Jimi could get his chance.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Cormier turned from "Black Fedor" when he was in strikeforce (before Barnett fight) to "whatever" imo.

I don't enjoy his fights and I dislike his personality. At least with Jones I didn't like him but every one of his fights were amazing.....

Cuppers

Lurker
Jul 24, 2017
Anyone else think that Gustafsson and Jimi have an agreement. Jimi has been calling out DC and Alex has been slagging off Jon Jones all over social media. I reckon regardless of who wins at 214 these guys have already agreed upon who they will fight next. (Assuming Jimi also wins at 214)

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Anyone else think that Gustafsson and Jimi have an agreement. Jimi has been calling out DC and Alex has been slagging off Jon Jones all over social media. I reckon regardless of who wins at 214 these guys have already agreed upon who they will fight next. (Assuming Jimi also wins at 214)
Dc will take jimi down all day long

Jimi and gus train together now iirc SlapheadGiraffe @SlapheadGiraffe , right?

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
Cormier turned from "Black Fedor" when he was in strikeforce (before Barnett fight) to "whatever" imo.

I don't enjoy his fights and I dislike his personality. At least with Jones I didn't like him but every one of his fights were amazing.....
calling him "the black fedor" in this day and age would be an insult if you look at any of fedors recent fights.

M

member 3289

DC rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

I mean, when you can fuck up in your personal life as much as Jones and still be more of a fan favorite than your opponent, your opponent must have some personality lol.

M

member 3289

But yeah I agree with the majority that DC would murk Manuwa.

The only guys at 205 who have the tools/skillset to beat DC are Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015

I mean, when you can fuck up in your personal life as much as Jones and still be more of a fan favorite than your opponent, your opponent must have some personality lol.
nah jones is just the best at that weight that's why ppl like him.... if jones wasn't the best champion in LHW history (in the octagon, not out of it) I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have many fans with his DUI and car crashes and shit.

When you're really good at something that people respect or like, people may tend to overlook the shitty things you do and still want you around because you're really good at that one thing.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I cannot understand how the LHW got so thin that Jimi Manuwa was in title contention. Love Jimi, but he really is fairly one dimensional and not exactly top level. Fun to watch against the right oppo but DC, Jones and Alex beat him 999 out of 1000 and the one is only because they got drunk on white spirit the night before just to make it a fight

M

member 3289

nah jones is just the best at that weight that's why ppl like him.... if jones wasn't the best champion in LHW history (in the octagon, not out of it) I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have many fans with his DUI and car crashes and shit.

When you're really good at something that people respect or like, people may tend to overlook the shitty things you do and still want you around because you're really good at that one thing.
Good point.

I still think DC's know-it-all personality makes it easier, though.

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016

He is just a dork. I think that is what rubs the wrong way, just always feels like the guy in school who says the right things so the teacher loves them. Whatever the teacher wants, they say.

Shame, I wanted to like him, just cant seem to come round to it.

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
Since this place has a pretty global populace, I'd like to ask how many people feel this is more of a USA thing(certainly not exclusively, but more common in the States).

As a Canadian, I grew up with the idea of the US jock date-raping his way through high school and beyond, driving drunk and beating up 'losers', but getting a free pass because he scores touchdowns. Is this inaccurate?

In Canada, it seems like we are more likely to turn on an athlete for shitty behaviour, regardless of talent, and I seem to see that more internationally as well. Not trying to start a fight, just a discussion about the manifestations of the cult of celebrity.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
Good point.

I still think DC's know-it-all personality makes it easier, though.
Yeah he's not that likeable to the casual fan... I don't think jones is either though . Feel like him winning consistently and being crowned one of the GOAT by rogan and others makes people wanna be a front runner and his fan

M

member 1013

Since this place has a pretty global populace, I'd like to ask how many people feel this is more of a USA thing(certainly not exclusively, but more common in the States).

As a Canadian, I grew up with the idea of the US jock date-raping his way through high school and beyond, driving drunk and beating up 'losers', but getting a free pass because he scores touchdowns. Is this inaccurate?

In Canada, it seems like we are more likely to turn on an athlete for shitty behaviour, regardless of talent, and I seem to see that more internationally as well. Not trying to start a fight, just a discussion about the manifestations of the cult of celebrity.
Hockey players can get away with almost anything.