Jimi Manuwa the latest to retire from MMA

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) will say goodbye to yet another power-punching light heavyweight in the form of Jimi Manuwa, as the brick-fisted Brit recently announced his retirement from mixed martial arts (MMA) by way of social media.

This probably doesn’t come a surprise to most combat esports fans, as Manuwa turned 39 back in February and is coming off four straight losses, three of them via knockout, and despite being ranked as high as No. 3 in the wold, “Poster Boy” recently dropped out of the Top 10.

“I’ve had a great martial arts career and the last four fights have been tough losses to take not only for myself but for my family who is always first,” Manuwa wrote on Instagram. “I’ve given out mostly knockouts and taken a few myself, that’s my fan loving style but it takes a toll on the body especially concussions, which are not visible to the eye.”

Jimi Manuwa retires from UFC following KO loss in Stockholm

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
fair play, he did well. i once told him i thought he would win the UFC title, in a kebab shop in Clapham after a show. he gave me a funny look.

also was at the weigh ins for his second fight I think it was. his BJJ coach at the time heard that he was to be nicknamed Poster Boy, and he said 'no way. can't happen. let me have a word with him!'

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
Will be missed. I don't think he was ever in a boring fight but with his style he absolutely should retire now. Do you guys remember the crazy hype he was coming to UFC in 2012?

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
I feel this is the best for his health. Unfortunately. Gus and Jimi in a week, dropping like flies

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
For the best, he hit his ceiling a few years ago, been getting the shit kicked out of him since. Can't keep taking KOs like that.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He was/is a beast
All the best to him and god forbid I get road rage if he cuts me off in traffic......I will get out of the car and immediately apologise but he’ll say “no, m8, you’re done......innit”
At which point I offer him money and he says “nope, you done fucked up chav”
I say “yes, I’m whatever you want me to be”

He is a legit badass and loved his “let’s throw down” style......good man and will be missed

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
fair play, he did well. i once told him i thought he would win the UFC title, in a kebab shop in Clapham after a show. he gave me a funny look.

also was at the weigh ins for his second fight I think it was. his BJJ coach at the time heard that he was to be nicknamed Poster Boy, and he said 'no way. can't happen. let me have a word with him!'
He was looking at you funny because you had an obvious erection......

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
He was/is a beast
All the best to him and god forbid I get road rage if he cuts me off in traffic......I will get out of the car and immediately apologise but he’ll say “no, m8, you’re done......innit”

He is a legit badass and loved his “let’s throw down” style......good man and will be missed
And only 25 years younger than you, not bad...

It's an intelligent, humble, and responsible decision. Hopefully more fighters will follow his lead if they're playing with similar cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
He was/is a beast

Interesting......

What drugs were you on when you posted this?

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
It's an intelligent, humble, and responsible decision. Hopefully more fighters will follow his lead if they're playing with similar cards.
Agree, but most fighters these days aren't playing the, "I'm a blacksplosive guy, I'm gonna trane UFC" card.

At 26 with no combat experience its pretty impressive he made it anywhere to be honest.

He was never great, amazing he was top 3 at LHW.....

LHW really is a shit show these days.

Agree, but most fighters these days aren't playing the, "I'm a blacksplosive guy, I'm gonna trane UFC" card.

At 26 with no combat experience its pretty impressive he made it anywhere to be honest.

He was never great, amazing he was top 3 at LHW.....

LHW really is a shit show these days.
Did JJ basically scare everyone away from the division?