Jimmy Smith returning to Bellator broadcast team starting with Dublin card in June

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
1717552163055.png

Jimmy Smith is coming home.

The veteran color commentator and play-by-play man is returning to call fights for Bellator MMA, starting with the upcoming show scheduled on June 22 in Dublin, Ireland. Smith previously called fights for Bellator from 2010 to 2017 before joining UFC and eventually working with WWE.

Now Smith returns to his old stomping ground to join a broadcast team that includes Sean O’Connell on play-by-play and fellow analyst Dan Hardy.

“I got a phone call,” Smith told MMA Fighting of how the reunion came together. “‘Hey, do you want to come do some shows for us?’ I went, ‘Sure, yeah, great, no problem.’ People have this idea that I rekindled things, it’s not like I haven’t seen Scott Coker since then. It’s not like I haven’t been in touch with Bellator people since then. I called the directors and producers, we’re friends. So every now and then I’ll catch up, ‘How’s it going?’ It’s not like there was some titanic, horrible burned bridges incident that we had to overcome. It was nothing like that at all. It was simply, ‘Hey, would you like to come do some shows for us?’ I said, ‘Yeah, sure, I’d love to.’

“It was a surprise a little bit, but not that much. It wasn’t like once again that we had some kind of blow up or anything like that. It had just been a long time since I worked for them.”

Jimmy Smith returning to Bellator broadcast team starting with Dublin card in June - MMA Fighting

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Jimmi is good
Glad he is getting a spot cage side again

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Wasn’t he one of those guys that was giving the UFC shit for still running fights during the plandemic? If so, fuck him.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Wasn’t he one of those guys that was giving the UFC shit for still running fights during the plandemic? If so, fuck him.
Didn’t know this
Can you (seriously) confirm ?
Also, fuck all pandemic tw@‘s