Joanna Jedrzejczyk confident she'll be new strawweight champ

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I find this woman sexy for some reason.

Last edited:

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That would be wild to see the title change hands already. It should be a good fight if her wrassling is on point.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
[h=1]How to properly pronounce Joanna Jedrzejczyk's surname. [/h]
Sadly I am no closer to being able to say her name even with this audio, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I really, really want her to be champ. I'm not huge into WMMA but she is by far my favorite female fighter. Her power is crazy. Esparza came out to Harvester of Sorrow by Metallica at her last fight... but despite how dope that was, I'd rather have Joanna as champ than a boring LNP artist

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Galanis;n36794 said:
Esparza came out to Harvester of Sorrow by Metallica at her last fight... but despite how dope that was, I'd rather have Joanna as champ than a boring LNP artist
:hail:

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Galanis;36794 said:
I really, really want her to be champ. I'm not huge into WMMA but she is by far my favorite female fighter. Her power is crazy. Esparza came out to Harvester of Sorrow by Metallica at her last fight... but despite how dope that was, I'd rather have Joanna as champ than a boring LNP artist
How is she boring and when has she exhibited lnp?

10 wins, 7 by stoppage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Shy Guy;n36894 said:
How is she boring and when has she exhibited lnp?

10 wins, 7 by stoppage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you happen to watch TUF?

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Galanis;n37075 said:
Did you happen to watch TUF?

Yep. I don't really look at those fights with any consideration though. The strategy behind winning that show is to not take chances and avoid damage. All you need to do is win a 10 minute fight and if you can do it with wrestling, take them down and control them. That's the best way to win when you might be fighting 2 weeks later. You also have no time to prepare for who you are fighting and are basically cutting weight the entire season, so how a fighter performs on the show isn't the best indicator of how they normally perform, imo. I honestly didn't have a problem with how she performed on the show. But we got to see how she performs when she has a camp and can prepare for her opponent. She rolled through Rose with very little trouble.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Shy Guy;n37095 said:
Yep. I don't really look at those fights with any consideration though. The strategy behind winning that show is to not take chances and avoid damage. All you need to do is win a 10 minute fight and if you can do it with wrestling, take them down and control them. That's the best way to win when you might be fighting 2 weeks later. You also have no time to prepare for who you are fighting and are basically cutting weight the entire season, so how a fighter performs on the show isn't the best indicator of how they normally perform, imo. I honestly didn't have a problem with how she performed on the show. But we got to see how she performs when she has a camp and can prepare for her opponent. She rolled through Rose with very little trouble.

Solid post brah...I was pulling for Rose as I enjoy her style more but I see Carla winning again with a similar game plan.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Bros. It happened

Harvester walk in was pretty great, almost had me jump ship. but no luck against them combos

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Galanis-I'd like to personally thank you for putting me on Joanna, as well as getting me excited for that fight. It really made my experience even more enjoyable.

I wouldn't have looked forward to that fight as much if you didn't talk to me about it. Everyone around me was going for and predicting Carla to win, but I was confident(b/c of your confidence) that her TDD was great and her stand up is best in the division. You made me look very smart which I appreciate, but I also was drawn to her b/c after you told me she was legit, her talking became less annoying and more entertaining, as well as prophetic.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Duuuude. You must have had the most amazing time ever. I saw your posts in the other thread about Dana hooking your boys up with tickets. Just wow!

Can't imagine how much fun last night was. What went through your mind during Pettis vs Dos Anjos? Were you like "is this really happening?" You literally were witness to one of the best performances and craziest upsets n MMA history.

That entre event was amazing. EVERY prelim - 7 straight finishes. Even though the main card had a lot of decisions they were still exciting as hell. What a card man. So glad to hear you had fun... and as for Joanna.. she is the real fucking deal huh! Like everyone else, I too was worried about how she'd do against Carla's takedowns. It's hard to gauge how a high level striker will do in their first fight against a good wrestler. She was eiother gonna get smothered or pull the Mirko CroCop/Chuck Liddell game plan to a tee... and the latter was what happened.

I was never HUGE into WMMA, there are certain fighters I really like.. Joanna has always been one because of her skill, but the fact she is UFC champ is just crazy to me. I don't see anyone taking her out. I think she beats Claudia badly in a rematch, she looks to be constantly improving.

Joanna vs Rose would be a sick fight a year or two from now. Rose needs a few more fights. But I think style wise that fight would be exciting as hell

Glad to hear you had fun man, can't wait to hear details

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Bird`s right, this is a great post. A lot of good posts in this thread. I wasn`t familiar with Jedrzykejcz until this past week........she won me over!