Joanna Jedrzejczyk pondering move up to flyweight

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MovinOn

Canis lupus familiaris
Jan 3, 2018
Seems like the obvious choice. It would be a battle of hands between her and Bullet as the top two in the division.

“It would definitely be a more healthy solution,” Jedrzejczyk told MMANytt of a possible division switch. “After 15 years in the sport, my metabolism is wearing out… We have some limits – even though I think limits are only in our heads, time goes on. But I still feel young, my last camp was the best camp in my life.”

Joanna Jedrzejczyk updates on possible move to flyweight | BJPenn.com

Flyweight
Champion: Nicco Montano
1 Valentina Shevchenko
2 Sijara Eubanks
3 Lauren Murphy
4 Alexis Davis
5 Roxanne Modafferi
6 Barb Honchak
7 Liz Carmouche
8 Katlyn Chookagian
9 Jessica-Rose Clark
10 Jessica Eye
11 Montana De La Rosa
12 Mara Romero Borella
13 Rachael Ostovich
14 Paige VanZant
15 Shana Dobson

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Wait, who's Nicco Montano?

Also, JJ at fly is the smart play. It might have been smarter than taking that rematch.

Neural

Feb 25, 2016
I can see the logic in the movie, she clearly has an issue with the weight cut despite what she has said, she would have a good chance at being champ too.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Seems like the obvious choice. It would be a battle of hands between her and Bullet as the top two in the division.

“It would definitely be a more healthy solution,” Jedrzejczyk told MMANytt of a possible division switch. “After 15 years in the sport, my metabolism is wearing out… We have some limits – even though I think limits are only in our heads, time goes on. But I still feel young, my last camp was the best camp in my life.”

Flyweight
1 Valentina Shevchenko
2 Sijara Eubanks
3 Lauren Murphy
4 Alexis Davis
5 Roxanne Modafferi
6 Barb Honchak
7 Liz Carmouche
8 Katlyn Chookagian
9 Jessica-Rose Clark
10 Jessica Eye
11 Montana De La Rosa
12 Mara Romero Borella
13 Rachael Ostovich
14 Paige VanZant
15 Shana Dobson
She's in a tough spot, lost twice to rose and valentina has beaten her 2 or 3 times in kickboxing
2nd fight with rose was close, I honestly think she has a better shot at amothe r title at 115

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Well considering the flyweight champion has a pro record of 4-2, this might be a good move for her.

Although she did get KO'd by someone with a 6-3 pro record so who knows with WMMA lol

AJSR

Apr 9, 2018
Yeah I'm not sure this is the best move for her. I know it is a long long time since she fought Shevchenko last but I really can't see that fight ending well for Joanna.

She seemed to make the weight comfortably enough this time around. I think she'd be better of rebuilding at 115.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
watched that gif 5 times. mesmerising. love her apology for coming close to the cameraman.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Other than Valentina, that division is a who's who of "who?" Lol.

M

member 3289

Wait, who's Nicco Montano?

Also, JJ at fly is the smart play. It might have been smarter than taking that rematch.
This. I had no idea that the UFC had actually crowned a women's flyweight champion.

I thought it was something they were meaning to do but hadn't really gotten around to yet, or that they were just going to give the belt to Valentina at some point without making her fight for it.

M

member 3289

Nicco won the ultimate fighter to become the 125 champ
She is going to get destroyed by valentina
Do they really have to make them fight? I hope they don't put it on the main card or, god forbid, as the fucking main event of a card.

Just give Valentina the belt and say they fought.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Do they really have to make them fight? I hope they don't put it on the main card or, god forbid, as the fucking main event of a card.

Just give Valentina the belt and say they fought.
Will save Joanna some brain damage so I'm ok with it

The 125 belt got all fucked up because the chick that should have won couldn't make weight so they pulled her from the card and put Roxy in her place fighting nicco
The girl who should have won the tournament was a beast but had trouble making weight her last 3 or 4 times (had to cut off her dreads one time to make weight) so they told her she can't fight at 125 anymore

distant1

Feb 13, 2017
she should have left before she fought rose, once you talk about moving divisions im of the mind there is a reason and you shouldnt delay the move.

now when she moves up she will have two more fights on her record, one a brutal ko, the other five rounds of soaking up huge counter shots; as well as draining herself to make weight...which will have lasting effects..

the move up should help but her aura of invincibility and her physical tools have been compromised

Nov 21, 2015

Flyweight
1 Valentina Shevchenko
2 Sijara Eubanks
3 Lauren Murphy
4 Alexis Davis
5 Roxanne Modafferi
6 Barb Honchak
7 Liz Carmouche
8 Katlyn Chookagian
9 Jessica-Rose Clark
10 Jessica Eye
11 Montana De La Rosa
12 Mara Romero Borella
13 Rachael Ostovich
14 Paige VanZant
15 Shana Dobson
I'm not sure she ever gets past Valentina for the Title. JJ is a striker not a
grappler and by all accounts Valentina whooped her ass on the regular in Muay Thai
and Valentina's grappling is much better then JJs so what chance would she have?

Joanna Champion may never been Champion again.

Her best chance is to hope Andrade beats Rose and then fight Andrade
who she will beat handily for the Title