Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Valentina Shevchenko flyweight title fight set for UFC 231 in Toronto

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

A new UFC women’s flyweight champion will be crowned in December.

Former strawweight champion Joanna Jedrzejczyk and ex-women’s bantamweight title challenger Valentina Shevchenko will square off at UFC 231 for the vacant 125-pound title, UFC president Dana White confirmed Thursday night on TSN’s SportsCentre.

Jedrzejczyk is coming off a unanimous decision win over Tecia Torres at UFC on FOX 30 in July. Prior to that, she suffered consecutive losses to current 115-pound titleholder Rose Namajunas, including a first-round knockout in which she lost the belt she had held since 2015. Jedrzejczyk hasn’t fought at 125 pounds since 2014, before her time in the UFC.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs. Valentina Shevchenko flyweight title fight set for UFC 231 in Toronto

Jdog93

.....?
Jun 2, 2016
Great Match Up!

Almost guaranteed to stay standing with both ladies using Elite Muay Thai Skills.

I feel Valentina might have the edge here being the bigger woman naturally.

But JJ Champ has to know she needs a win to stay relevant and will fight for that title like a Warrior.

No matter what at least i know..

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I'll watch. Fun story too.

Wrong fight for the title if you care about who deserves the fight.

I don't.

Mad Dog

First 100
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Valentina has beaten JJ 3 times already. This is a snippet from an older article;

During that session, Jedrzejczyk discussed Shevchenko, including a trio of former muay Thai losses to the Kyrgyzstani fighter.

“She’s the only fighter I lost to three times,” Jedrzejczyk said.

She said the setbacks, including an initial one in 2006, taught her an important lesson.

“I thought I knew everything,” Jedrzejczyk said. ” … But after I lost to Valentina, I realized that there’s a long way to go. I didn’t give up. The experience which I got that time – I just became a UFC champion because of that.”

Jedrzejczyk had two more close bouts with Shevchenko but came up short both times. They’re now fighting 20 pounds apart, and even if they had the opportunity to meet in the middle at 125 pounds, Jedrzejczyk said it’s not really a priority.

“I like Valentina so much,” Jedrzejczyk said. “I met her last night. We have rooms on the same floor. We support each other. … I don’t feel like I need to prove something for myself or to Valentina. It was muay Thai. She said to me yesterday that any time I fight, she supports me. And the same to Valentina. … I like Valentina. We have so much respect for each other.”

Valentina Shevchenko has 3 wins over UFC champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk, who's now a supporter

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Valentina has beaten JJ 3 times already. This is a snippet from an older article;

During that session, Jedrzejczyk discussed Shevchenko, including a trio of former muay Thai losses to the Kyrgyzstani fighter.

She said the setbacks, including an initial one in 2006, taught her an important lesson.

“I thought I knew everything,” Jedrzejczyk said. ” … But after I lost to Valentina, I realized that there’s a long way to go. I didn’t give up. The experience which I got that time – I just became a UFC champion because of that.”

Jedrzejczyk had two more close bouts with Shevchenko but came up short both times. They’re now fighting 20 pounds apart, and even if they had the opportunity to meet in the middle at 125 pounds, Jedrzejczyk said it’s not really a priority.

“I like Valentina so much,” Jedrzejczyk said. “I met her last night. We have rooms on the same floor. We support each other. … I don’t feel like I need to prove something for myself or to Valentina. It was muay Thai. She said to me yesterday that any time I fight, she supports me. And the same to Valentina. … I like Valentina. We have so much respect for each other.”

Valentina Shevchenko has 3 wins over UFC champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk, who's now a supporter
Did not know this

How old are these chicks if they fought in 06…

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Pretty unfair to Nicco, but hopefully she'll get an immediate shot at the winner. This is a solid fight I've made in the UFC video game several times.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015

Respectful. Nice to see that unlike the worthless irish guy.

Passive Jay

Not Worthy
Oct 21, 2015
fun fight but not fair to the to any of the 125er that have actually fought at that weight.