VID Joanna's brutal weight cut

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Not the first time this has happened to perfecting athletes.

Ray Borg releases statement following UFC 215 withdrawal
Alexander K. Lee

Ray Borg
Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Ray Borg is looking elsewhere for consultation on his health after missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime.

The 24-year-old flyweight was supposed to fight divisional champion Demetrious Johnson in the main event of UFC 215 on Saturday in Edmonton, Alberta, but the bout was canceled Thursday when a viral illness to Borg caused doctors to rule him unfit to compete.

Borg’s nutritionist Dr. Michelle Ingels of Perfecting Athletes issued a statementfollowing the news specifying that the withdrawal “wasn’t weight related.” On Friday, Borg released a statement of his own to MMAWeekly.com apologizing to fans and his opponent, and announcing that he is parting ways with the Perfecting Athletes organization.

“First, I want to say I’m sorry to the fans and to Demetrious Johnson for being unable to fight,” Borg said. “I want to say thank you to Dr. Davidson, the UFC and to Jeff Novitzky for looking out for my health and best interests.

“I also want to add that I am no longer working with Perfecting Athletes and Michelle Ingels, who was not authorized to speak on my behalf.”

Borg’s statement does not offer further clarification on the exact nature of his illness. The last time he was forced to withdraw from a fight, versus Ian McCallat UFC 203, it was also because health problems struck less than 48 hours before an event.

UPDATE: On Saturday, Perfecting Athletes released a statement responding to Borg’s decision to terminate their working relationship:

Perfecting Athletes has a long history of exceptional care and a reputation for putting our clients’ health and safety above all else. We honor and respect our clients’ privacy and have never commented about them without prior consent. We have the utmost respect for Ray as an athlete and wish him the very best.

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Not the first time this has happened to perfecting athletes.

Alexander K. Lee

Ray Borg
Esther Lin, MMA Fighting
Ray Borg is looking elsewhere for consultation on his health after missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime.

The 24-year-old flyweight was supposed to fight divisional champion Demetrious Johnson in the main event of UFC 215 on Saturday in Edmonton, Alberta, but the bout was canceled Thursday when a viral illness to Borg caused doctors to rule him unfit to compete.

Borg’s nutritionist Dr. Michelle Ingels of Perfecting Athletes issued a statementfollowing the news specifying that the withdrawal “wasn’t weight related.” On Friday, Borg released a statement of his own to MMAWeekly.com apologizing to fans and his opponent, and announcing that he is parting ways with the Perfecting Athletes organization.

“First, I want to say I’m sorry to the fans and to Demetrious Johnson for being unable to fight,” Borg said. “I want to say thank you to Dr. Davidson, the UFC and to Jeff Novitzky for looking out for my health and best interests.

“I also want to add that I am no longer working with Perfecting Athletes and Michelle Ingels, who was not authorized to speak on my behalf.”

Borg’s statement does not offer further clarification on the exact nature of his illness. The last time he was forced to withdraw from a fight, versus Ian McCallat UFC 203, it was also because health problems struck less than 48 hours before an event.

UPDATE: On Saturday, Perfecting Athletes released a statement responding to Borg’s decision to terminate their working relationship:

Perfecting Athletes has a long history of exceptional care and a reputation for putting our clients’ health and safety above all else. We honor and respect our clients’ privacy and have never commented about them without prior consent. We have the utmost respect for Ray as an athlete and wish him the very best.

What was going on in there for 215?
Both had championship fights that night and both had problems with the cut that card

Gay For Longo

*insert Matt Serra meme
Jan 22, 2016
Thread title is misleading in regards to the video.
True if looking at it straight on
If you think about it though, the video is what she went through in 2015 and she stayed with them, wtf happened in 2017 that was so bad it forced her to leave

That's how I thought the title worked

CHiLLEN

All hail the Irishman
Feb 8, 2016
What was going on in there for 215?
Both had championship fights that night and both had problems with the cut that card
I didn't realize that Joanna was working with Perfecting Athletes as well. That's not a good look at all for Perfecting Athletes.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
This is among the dumbest shit I've ever seen in the sport. She didn't have to cut 20 lbs. she's not even a grappler ffs. What's she carrying all that extra weight around for? With her style she could have made it easier on herself and started her cut closer to her weigh in weight. Been leaner and faster. Speed kills.

She is a professional and in control of her own career. Ultimately It was her choice to start her cut that heavy. With that comes potential consequences.

Where it says stop making fighters cut weight, who are they addressing? Dana? The commission? What does "2 and a half years later she lost her title" have fuck all to do with anything? Are we being serious right now? Who is forcing her to do this?

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Crazy. I thought Joanna looked undersized for the division and always looks a fair bit smaller than her opponent.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Simple:

Don’t cut that much

It’s stupid
Did u cut when u wrassled? Dan didn't in HS. Partially because the team was thin at the time so he was probably 185 wrestling 189 or whatever that weight is up to light heavy at times

But regardless, I vaguely recall him saying he didn't want to cut anyway lol

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I can only imagine how sketchy the cut must have been this time. She definitely looked rougher than normal. If someone isn't 100% at that level it makes it that much easier for someone like Rose to exploit the holes that they found and pick you apart.

Not that you can judge a book by its cover but if I'm doing anything related to weight loss, diet, fitness then I'm automatically going to put more trust in someone that looks like Brolce and Lockhart than a short, chubby little chick.