Joe Hogan with Travis Lutter & Big Mouth Kevin Holland

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I'm about half way through. Does Lutter become likable at any point of this podcast or is it just a steady decline into douchery?

ejlarson

I like chicken
Jul 4, 2015
Agree. The app sucks on my andriod, and windows PC both. Straight trash. It has been fine for the last five years, but in the last about 6 months, just trash.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Travis Lutter: "Everyone in the history of submission grappling/BJJ, MMA and boxing are "Good, but not great"."
Travis is a good friend. No idea how he came across on that show and I am not gonna listen to it, but he’s a good guy. He’s not a natural talker.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Was he coming across as a not good talker?
Someone who knows him telling me that makes him seem like less of a douche. Douche is probably too strong a word, but anyone who's ever listened to Rogan knows how excited he gets about, well, about everything. He and Holland seemed to have a pretty good rapport, but when Travis wasn't mispronouncing names, he was coming off as unimpressed by, well, pretty much everything, lol.

Basically, when someone is a little awkward, having them on a 3 hour podcast where all you do is talk unrehearsed, you're going to come off like an odd duck.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Someone who knows him telling me that makes him seem like less of a douche. Douche is probably too strong a word, but anyone who's ever listened to Rogan knows how excited he gets about, well, about everything. He and Holland seemed to have a pretty good rapport, but when Travis wasn't mispronouncing names, he was coming off as unimpressed by, well, pretty much everything, lol.
I have known Travis for about 20 years and I really know him well. He is absolutely an introvert and would prefer to never have to talk. I’m not making excuses for him if he came across douchey. I’m surprised he didn’t give props to fighters.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I have known Travis for about 20 years and I really know him well. He is absolutely an introvert and would prefer to never have to talk. I’m not making excuses for him if he came across douchey. I’m surprised he didn’t give props to fighters.
He and Holland both seemed to love the term "Good, but not great". At least a couple times Michael Jordan's name came up, and I couldn't help but laugh.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I ran into Travis a month ago or so. He described the COVID protocols in place with the UFC, and it sounds like you’re locked in your room the whole time both before and after the fights. He had just gotten back from coaching Holland.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I ran into Travis a month ago or so. He described the COVID protocols in place with the UFC, and it sounds like you’re locked in your room the whole time both before and after the fights. He had just gotten back from coaching Holland.
Yeah, he was talking about it on the show. He was saying they can't even stay and watch the fights. After your fight is done, you do media than back to the hotel room.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Travis is a good friend. No idea how he came across on that show and I am not gonna listen to it, but he’s a good guy. He’s not a natural talker.
I actually didnt mind anythibg he said. Hes a little stoic, and some bad word choice a couple times, but came across as a good dude to me. Just a very serious dude

Kevin holland has great energy though for sure

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
He didnt really diss people. It may have come across thst way, such as when he was aaying gordon ryan isnt the best. But what he was attemoting to do was give someone else props, not yo take away from gordon

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I actually didnt mind anythibg he said. Hes a little stoic, and some bad word choice a couple times, but came across as a good dude to me. Just a very serious dude

Kevin holland has great energy though for sure
Bull shit. You're just saying that so you don't have to fight him like I'm apparently going to have to now.