Joe Rogan reveals roadblock during McGregor vs Cerrone negotiations

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Dana White recently said that the proposed Conor McGregor vs Donald Cerrone bout is “nowhere close” to happening. Joe Rogan recently shared more info on what he’s been hearing about the negotiations, saying one of the roadblocks was card placement.

“They were trying to do ‘Cowboy’ versus Conor and apparently the sticking point was that it was going to be a co-main event,” Rogan said on his podcast. “I think the idea is that they have to have world titles as a main event for pay-per-view.

“I think he’s only interested in big fights,” Rogan said. “Like things that excite him now because he’s got so much money and so much success. It’s just one of those things.”

Rogan: Roadblock to Conor McGregor vs Donald Cerrone is UFC wanting it to be co-main event

sgotwalks

First 100
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Sounds like some horse shit to me. McGregor and Diaz was the main event and it wasn't for a title. Meisha Tate and Holly Holm was the co=main for a title on that ppv at UFC 196. Then the rematch at UFC 202 was also a main event with no title. Not sure what they're talking about in this article.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Sounds like some horse shit to me. McGregor and Diaz was the main event and it wasn't for a title. Meisha Tate and Holly Holm was the co=main for a title on that ppv at UFC 196. Then the rematch at UFC 202 was also a main event with no title. Not sure what they're talking about in this article.
Yeah someone definitely needs to call Jake Shields about this. Not buying it.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
I want to call bullshit, but that legitimately seems like something Conor would complain about.

Not a big McGregor fan, so that may have something to do with that inference.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I think it is more likely that Conor wants 1.5 billion dollars for the fight and they are only offering 1.25