Joe Rogan won’t call UFC 249 due to coronavirus concerns

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Perhaps Joe Rogan is now among the wimpy and weak MMA media, as Dana White has described.

The longtime UFC analyst would ordinarily be commentating North American-based pay-per-view shows, but whether UFC 249 remains in the United States or heads overseas, he doesn’t plan on being part of the broadcast due to his coronavirus pandemic concerns.

“I guess someone’s going to commentate it – it’s not gonna be me,” Rogan said on “The Joe Rogan Experience” podcast. “UFC is talking about putting on a fight on April 18. I don’t know how they’re gonna do that. I don’t know if they’re gonna be able to do that in the United States. They’re talking about doing it in a…

‘It’s not gonna be me’ - Joe Rogan won’t commentate UFC 249 due to coronavirus concerns

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Joe is his own man and can make his own decisions. Maybe he has regular close contact to somebody who is in a risk group and he would not want to be contagious with the virus to them and sit everything out until quicker testing* or cure is found, I get that.

But other than that, I must assume that everyone who does contact stuff like JiuJitsu will undeniably come into contact with the Corona anyway in the long run.

*btw the company Bosch developed a quick test, results within 2,5 hours, available in Germany starting April

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Joe is his own man and can make his own decisions. Maybe he has regular close contact to somebody who is in a risk group and he would not want to be contagious with the virus to them and sit everything out until quicker testing* or cure is found, I get that.

But other than that, I must assume that everyone who does contact stuff like JiuJitsu will undeniably come into contact with the Corona anyway in the long run.

*btw the company Bosch developed a quick test, results within 2,5 hours, available in Germany starting April
Abbott announced they have a 5 min test that they are going to start distributing soon
Coronavirus: FDA authorizes Abbott Labs' 5-minute COVID-19 test

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
his immune system is probably fucked, I mean look at him