Joe Rogan

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
You know what, I love this guy as an announcer. Re watched the arlovski Browne fight and love his passion for these fights. I know, some will think I'm an idiot for saying this, but I love listening to him commentate. Also, he never bigs himself up and thanks fighters in post fight interviews as if he doesn't know them.......I like the guy.....

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

he is biased as fuck, his job is to commentate on what he sees, if he can correct this, i agree with you

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
he is biased as fuck, his job is to commentate on what he sees, if he can correct this, i agree with you
Sometimes biased, you are right, but I like him and he actually makes it enjoyable......there are some announcers/commentators that are good at what they do and biased or not, are ok in my book

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
joe is biased as fuck sometimes and it annoys me but then i watch a card with anik and stann and realize how much joe brings to the table.anik is a good announcer stann knows his shit but they just dont have the enthusiasm.anik and florian make me sleepy.joe makes the fights seem more exciting because when something big is happening joe is practically jizzing in his pants.

Apr 3, 2015
joe is biased as fuck sometimes and it annoys me but then i watch a card with anik and stann and realize how much joe brings to the table.anik is a good announcer stann knows his shit but they just dont have the enthusiasm.anik and florian make me sleepy.joe makes the fights seem more exciting because when something big is happening joe is practically jizzing in his pants.
this is how I feel. sometimes he is so biased I want to mute the TV or Stream, but he is the best in the game IMO.

my dream team of announcers would be Rogan, the voice & quatros.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Thousands of people who first listened to JRE have been introduced to MMA and became fans because of his passion for the sport. He get's a little to excited sometimes and it's obvious he has his favourite fighter but I got nothing but love for the guy. I can't hate on a guy who loves MMA and has a huge thirst for world knowledge. He's living a good life, and yes, he's said some dumb shit but he'll be the first to admit he's a dumb fuck (which he obviously not). He doesn't try to dress himself up as anything other than a huge MMA fan who has a great gig and fucking kudos to that.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Thousands of people who first listened to JRE have been introduced to MMA and became fans because of his passion for the sport. He get's a little to excited sometimes and it's obvious he has his favourite fighter but I got nothing but love for the guy. I can't hate on a guy who loves MMA and has a huge thirst for world knowledge. He's living a good life, and yes, he's said some dumb shit but he'll be the first to admit he's a dumb fuck (which he obviously not). He doesn't try to dress himself up as anything other than a huge MMA fan who has a great gig and fucking kudos to that.
And that's what makes him such an awesome announcer for mma.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
I'm a fan of his work, whether it's the podcast, which I've listened to since day one and never missed an episode yet, or commentating for the UFC. One thing I have noticed over the years is that he tends to get swept up in the emotion of a fight. For example, if he's commentating on a fight where one of the fighters is heavily favored (or expected) to win, but his opponent (the underdog) has a couple of good moments early, then Rogan starts to focus primarily on what the underdog's doing for the rest of the fight, missing a lot of what's being done by the fighter in the opposite corner. At the end of the fight when the favorite wins, he'll act surprised and sometimes he'll even question the decision during the post-fight interviews, which leads to numerous threads on MMA message boards with "robbed" in their subject lines.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
I think I'm just so used to him and Goldie that I accept a lot of Rogan's bullshit. I only get couch potato aggressive when he turns into Doc Rogan M.D and starts diagnosing possible injuries inside the cage. Doc Joe House is my only pet peeve. Florian is pretty good overall also.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He's great, but he has to stop pestering fighters about stoppages or something out of their control after fights. You're not Woodward and Bernstein in there, you're not going to get any different responses on that topic unless the guys hate each other.

Do us all a favour and put the mic in front of a Ref or a judge next time shit goes down. Can't? Then don't make the fighters answer for ref and judge screw ups.

I'll deal with the bias and Doc Rogan, just stop with the ultra-curious cringe questions when a fighter just took blows to the head. "It's not my job to stop the fight, my job is to fight till the ref stops it" is all you'll get out of the winner, and "I thought it was early" out of the loser.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
this is how I feel. sometimes he is so biased I want to mute the TV or Stream, but he is the best in the game IMO.

my dream team of announcers would be Rogan, the voice & quatros.
Quadros seems to rely to much on punch stats for my taste.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I'm a fan of his work, whether it's the podcast, which I've listened to since day one and never missed an episode yet, or commentating for the UFC. One thing I have noticed over the years is that he tends to get swept up in the emotion of a fight. For example, if he's commentating on a fight where one of the fighters is heavily favored (or expected) to win, but his opponent (the underdog) has a couple of good moments early, then Rogan starts to focus primarily on what the underdog's doing for the rest of the fight, missing a lot of what's being done by the fighter in the opposite corner. At the end of the fight when the favorite wins, he'll act surprised and sometimes he'll even question the decision during the post-fight interviews, which leads to numerous threads on MMA message boards with "robbed" in their subject lines.
I agree, and this is why I think they need a third man in the booth, someone knowledgeable about the sport for him to bounce back and forth off. Currently if he says something, Goldie will just agree or parrot it, because he doesn't know any better, there is no conversation about the fight, just a monologue. Which can lead to situations like you described.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Rogan and Schievello are great..Imagine them two throw down on an event would be EPIC..Has Michael ever been on the JRE?

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Schiavello would be great in there! Get rogan and Goldie out because it's been awhile and we need some new blood. Anik IMO is just horrendous Stann is awesome and does his homework.