Johnny Walker will murder Jones

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
can we get some more guys with long arms to fight jones

I have 75" reach at 6 foot...didn't know Santos had such a reach dis advantage vs jones...and thought smith was bigger till I saw weigh ins
Walker has to have some longer arms right?

Jones is a big head super tall mofo...makes most LHW look so lil

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
M

member 3289

How about this. He's finished 1 of his last 7. I'll even go the extra mile, I'll forget the NC with DC. He's finished 1 of his last 6. 3 of those fighters were Anthony Smith, Glover Teixeira, and OSP. Wow, now I'm really impressed. Lol
2 of his last 7 and 2 of his last 3.

Smith - criticism accepted

OSP - late notice replacement and ring rust. Jon finishes him with a full camp of preparing only for OSP.

Cormier - had never lost before that fight. Jones finished him in their second fight.

Gustafsson - criticism accepted

It's really not that bad when you look at it.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Jones is definitely beatable and now there's so much tape on him from going 5 rounds often enough that it's really a failure of gameplanning or ability among his opponents that's keeping him on top. He does a lot of sloppy things that his reach allows him to get away with. The real problem is his wrestling and clinch game is very very very good so once you finally nullify the reach you have a whole host of other problems. There's no one currently at LHW in the UFC who has what it takes, including Walker. DC had a decent chance, but AKA gave him a bad blueprint and he's not mentally strong enough.

Adesanya may have a shot, but he needs time to get himself ready, both weightwise and skillwise. If he can beat Whitaker and then wait til Jones starts inching toward 34, he'll be in good shape. Jones is already calling him out, but he'd be smart to wait. Two years of further drug test scrutiny, wear and tear and age should start to affect Jones' timing enough to give an enhanced skill Stylebender an opening.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Jones looked fine last night. Unfortunately no one can finish every fight.

Anthony Smith is a tough motherfucker who has no quit in him. He was able to hang on (and not do much else) for the last 4 rounds.

Johnny Walker has three professional losses, including an 18-second KO the last time he lost:

He's not on JBJ's level but neither is anyone else. I'm fine with with him fighting Jon but he hasn't earned it yet.
The one thing he has got IN SPADES is reach (82" for Walker). That has been the only real big hurdle for Jones. I think he learned his lesson against Gus and used his kicking range to negate Gus' punching range. If he does so against Walker he should be good but I think Walker will come in wild as fuck and full of spit and vinegar and cause problems for Jones....before Juicy fucks him up and ends the fight (probably with Walker laying on his back staring up at the ceiling looking dazed).

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The one thing he has got IN SPADES is reach (82" for Walker). That has been the only real big hurdle for Jones. I think he learned his lesson against Gus and used his kicking range to negate Gus' punching range. If he does so against Walker he should be good but I think Walker will come in wild as fuck and full of spit and vinegar and cause problems for Jones....before Juicy fucks him up and ends the fight (probably with Walker laying on his back staring up at the ceiling looking dazed).
reach is everything
jones loves that reach and uses it well...
ground is the prob 4 JW

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
reach is everything
jones loves that reach and uses it well...
ground is the prob 4 JW
Yee and Skyscrape did everything possible to not put his reach to use and took many L's because of this. Jonny Jones uses his to the fullest and it shows...

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
No man can beat Pico in the cage. Since has has a free pass from USADA, Jon only has to worry about the law beating him. Although he seems to get a pass from that too.

Inside the cage he fights really smart. He is super long and uses every inch of his reach to keep opponents at bay. Getting punched in the face isn't that bad, but running into eye pokes makes it difficult to go inside. If one does get inside the reach they need to be aware of the illegal kicks and knees.