Johny Hendricks vs. Hector Lombard in the works

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
Johny Hendricks vs. Hector Lombard in the works for UFC Fight Night: Halifax

Johny Hendricks is getting another shot in the UFC.

The promotion is currently working on Hendricks vs. Lombard at 185 pounds for UFC Fight Night: Halifax on Feb. 19. The fight would mark Hendricks' middleweight debut.

The UFC originally tried to book the fight for UFC 208 in Brooklyn, but clearance issues with the New York State Athletic Commission precluded that from happening, so they moved it to the Halifax card, which recently lost its main event. According to sources, though, the promotion has yet to determine whether it will serve as the main event. It appears, as of right now, that original headliner Junior dos Santos will be left off the card after the UFC was unable to find a suitable replacement for the injured Stefan Struve.

Hendricks (17-6) has lost his last three fights in a row, most recently against Neil Magny at UFC 207 last month. Prior to the loss, Hendricks missed weight by 2.5 pounds, and he told MMAFighting.com afterwards that his days of fighting at welterweight were over.

"I'm done fighting at welterweight," he said, just hours before the fight. "Unless they open up a 175-pound division, I'm moving up to middleweight."

That wasn't Hendricks' first time having an issue making welterweight.

First, he needed an extra hour to make weight prior to his UFC 171 title fight against Robbie Lawlwer in March 2014. Then, in Oct. 2015, he was forced to withdraw from his UFC 192 fight against Tyron Woodley a day before due to weight-cutting issues. And prior to his most recent fight against Kelvin Gastelum, at UFC 200 in July, Hendricks missed weight by a quarter of a pound.

Lombard (34-6-1, 2 NC) is winless in his last three fights and hasn't won since UFC 171 in March 2014. Coincidentally, that was the night Hendricks became the UFC welterweight champion.

Source: Hendricks-Lombard in the works for Halifax

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That's a pretty quick turn around for Johnny, but I like this match up for him at 185 pounds.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I see Hector winning. Could look like his fight with Shields were he dumped him over and over again.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I like this one.
Hendricks may try and sneak in some heavy shots.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
This is a good winnable fight for a prime hendricks. modern day hendricks... i don't know. he's lost a step or two. really pulling for him here. most don't like him, but ill always pull for hendricks against a lot of fighters. I've trained with and sparred him, and he is a bully, competitive motherfucker... but outside of that, he's a good ol boy. comes off like shit in interviews every time but he means good.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I like this idea. If we can't have a steroid league then let's at least have a guys who can't compete post-USADA league where they only fight each other.

I would say it is MMA's version of the Senior's Tour but Bellator already has that.

M

member 603

Finally a fight where Lombard will have a better gas tank than the guy he's fighting.... Hector by second round TKO

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
I love when dudes "move up" and fight dudes their own size anyway. A reasonable promotion would just not let all this crazy weight cutting happen. They'd only sign dudes to fights in their correct weight classes, like this one for both dudes

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Finally a fight where Lombard will have a better gas tank than the guy he's fighting.... Hector by second round TKO
Umm, Johny went 5 rounds with GSP and didn't gas. Lombard gets gassed walking up the stairs to the cage, lol.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I had really high hopes for Lombard. I thought he would come in an murder. He almost did, he almost beat both guys he lost too at mw he did great at ww he almost beat hendo and magny. He just needs to fine tune some things if he still can and he could wreck shit.

M

member 603

Umm, Johny went 5 rounds with GSP and didn't gas. Lombard gets gassed walking up the stairs to the cage, lol.
I blame poor weight cutting most of the time in Johny's case... He's not looked great trying to make WW, this may be better for him.

I know Hector and he's..... He's intense.... Nice guy but intense.... I can't pick against him..... (Tell my family that I'm OK)

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Johny went five rounds pre USADA... just sayin.

If Hendricks looks even remotely like his last 3 performances he get's his head bounced off the canvas either from a throw or a punch. Hector aint the same but at 185 he has more to offer than Johny.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Johny went five rounds pre USADA... just sayin.

If Hendricks looks even remotely like his last 3 performances he get's his head bounced off the canvas either from a throw or a punch. Hector aint the same but at 185 he has more to offer than Johny.
At 85 Johny doesn't have to make to weight cut without diuretics.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
He broke my buddy Ruban Alvarez leg in a tournament years back... It's awful to see
Might have been that. It was a video whete he heel hooked the fuck out of someone and there was an audible "pop" noise. I still shudder when I think of it.