JOKER

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
I'd love to see the movie kill it & DC use Joker to re-boot the universe into a much darker place.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I'd love to see the movie kill it & DC use Joker to re-boot the universe into a much darker place.
Anyone seen this yet, how is it?

Dark Batman is great but dark Superman sucked.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Last edited:

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
It's amazing that Polanski is so worshiped after pleading guilty to raping a 13 year old girl without ever serving his punishment.

Par for the course
Look at Woody fucking Allen.
Bitches b crazy

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Joaquin Phoenix received cheers and a standing ovation tonight in Toronto for his starring performance as the “Joker.”

Todd Phillips’ origin story of Batman’s villain is super violent but also a magnificent comic book opera. The movie’s look and feel are extraordinary and the acting from all the players is top notch. The story owes its life to two Scorsese movies, King of Comedy, and Taxi Driver. Joker aka Arthur Fleck is part Rupert Pupkin and part Travis Bickle. Ironically, Robert De Niro is here, too.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Ok. Not as violent or disturbing as I thought it was going to be but duck me was it harrowing.
He is by far my favourite Joker and it’s probably only been beaten by Ince Upon a Time in America for (the ones i’ve Seen) movie of the year.

I had dits when some kind of about 10 years old walked in with his dad.

I might have to watch Taxi Driver again tomorrow.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
It was Ok. Ledger is still the Joker to me. My problem with it as a comic fan is they tried to plausibly explain too much of the Joker's persona in one movie, which made some moments feel odd and disjointed if not outright unbelievable. I'd say Taxi Driver was a good comparison, but it wasn't a tenth as good as Taxi Driver. In the world of movies about mentally ill people it's probably about as good as Punch Drunk Love, which is to say decent, but not earth shaking. As a comic film, it's probably about as good as Superman Man of Steel.

Daglord

Posting Machine
Jan 26, 2015
went in with sky-high expectations, didn't leave disappointed.

I appreciate the realistic, darker tone & character development. they could re-boot Batman in it's image & I would be OK with that.

FWIW, was never a huge fan of the Marvel movies EU.