Jon Jones fires back at Cormier's PED claims: He thinks I have 'supernatural' abilities

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Jon Jones has been tag-teamed by Daniel Cormier and Alexander Gustafsson this week, regarding his failed USADA drug test at UFC 200.

Gustafsson, who lost to Jones via decision in a championship epic at UFC 172, claimed in a recent interview with Ariel Helwani that 'Bones' has probably been using performance-enhancing drugs for a 'long time' and believes he was using illegal substances in their five-round classic in 2013.

Cormier, who lost to Jones at UFC 182, echoed Gustafsson's sentiments on Wednesday's edition of UFC Tonight but believes he fought 'clean' against Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 197.

“I do believe that we will see a different fighter in Anaheim (at UFC 214), because I do believe he has to…

Jones fires back at Cormier: He thinks I have 'supernatural' abilities

ender852

TMMAC Addict
Jan 31, 2015
Well it def could have been ring rust, but he looked pretty crappy against OSP. However, I didn't really buy the tainted boner pills excuse from Anderson, and I didn't really buy it from Bones either

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Damage is done...USADA is not suspending him if they don't think he was using...period end of discussion...check please

Still a draw but he has a few asterisks beside his great UFC acheivements

FadeToBlack

Rear Naked Poke
Mar 15, 2015
kneeblock @Kneeblock thinks Jones is playing 4D chess. I think he is too, but he has to come off another long-layoff against a pretty hungry opponent. This is my most anticipated fight.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
Go back and listen to Jon Jones on Joey "Shilly Shill" Brogan's podcast.

Jones was passionate that he did not want to be called a juicer.

If I'm Jones opponent like D.C or GUS or anyone else about to fight Jones I'd be bringing up that topic at every chance I could get ...just to get under Jones skin ...you know deep down inside that is gonna eat at Jones and get him flustered.

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Go back and listen to Jon Jones on Joey "Shilly Shill" Brogan's podcast.

Jones was passionate that he did not want to be called a juicer.

If I'm Jones opponent like D.C or GUS or anyone else about to fight Jones I'd be bringing up that topic at every chance I could get ...just to get under Jones skin ...you know deep down inside that is gonna eat at Jones and get him flustered.

wow
The guy was juiced and he finally got caught....acted guilty as shit the whole time

Jon goes to sleep and he knows what he has done....tainted is tainted

warriorx559

Jan 19, 2015
Well it def could have been ring rust, but he looked pretty crappy against OSP. However, I didn't really buy the tainted boner pills excuse from Anderson, and I didn't really buy it from Bones either
I gotta disagree with you here, not sure why people think Jones looked bad against OSP when he dominated him and broke his arm. Jones beats DC again imo.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Jones is the Hollywood Henderson of MMA, so it wouldn't be shocking if he was taking all kinds of shit (PEDs) prior to USADA, but we're going to see him rematch both Gus and DC with USADA testing, so very soon we'll know how much if any his performance was enhanced up to this point.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
50-44, 50-45, 50-45.

How good is Jon? He meat a top 5 guy on short notice, didn't lose a round according to any judge, and people continue to hold it against him as a shitty performance.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
Jones is the Hollywood Henderson of MMA, so it wouldn't be shocking if he was taking all kinds of shit (PEDs) prior to USADA, but we're going to see him rematch both Gus and DC with USADA testing, so very soon we'll know how much if any his performance was enhanced up to this point.
Unfortunately we will never know. With all that Jon's put himself through and the time he's missed, I think it would be short-sighted to simply chalk a loss to D.C. up to a lack of PEDs.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Unfortunately we will never know. With all that Jon's put himself through and the time he's missed, I think it would be short-sighted to simply chalk a loss to D.C. up to a lack of PEDs.
It's not as simple as one or two losses, especially since he barely beat Gus the first time, and the first DC fight was a decision victory as well. There will be things to look for, like his previously insane cardio for example. Let's see how it goes, then take it from there.

M

member 3289

Damage is done...USADA is not suspending him if they don't think he was using
No, that is not the way the UFC Anti-Doping Policy or USADA works.

USADA admitted in its report that they did not think Jones took the tadalafil for performance-enhancing reasons.

Rambo John J

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
No, that is not the way the UFC Anti-Doping Policy or USADA works.

USADA admitted in its report that they did not think Jones took the tadalafil for performance-enhancing reasons.
wrong...we have done this.

fighters are cleared if they do not violate.

Jon violated and they dropped the hammer on him.

Please don't tell me you believe these fighters and the dick pills tainted supps excuse.

Cycling 101 for tested athletes

Step 1 - make sure you have a tainted supplement with some of the things you are using after your cycle on hand as an excuse.

USADA suspended him cause he was dirty and got caught...he had a crying apologizing press conference...U telling me you bought that?

Jon Jones White Knight....this name fits you....if we can find a good bet I will SN bet you....maybe if Jones fights Gus or something?

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
It's not as simple as one or two losses, especially since he barely beat Gus the first time, and the first DC fight was a decision victory as well. There will be things to look for, like his previously insane cardio for example. Let's see how it goes, then take it from there.
Well, even the cardio is a tough thing because he hasn't been active so we can see an adrenaline dump that gasses him. There's really nothing that can happen where we will know definitively what caused it.

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Well, even the cardio is a tough thing because he hasn't been active so we can see an adrenaline dump that gasses him. There's really nothing that can happen where we will know definitively what caused it.
Oh, we'll know...but Jones might comeback and beat both guys in the exact same manner, which would make this discussion null and void.