Jon Jones has a 'strong strategy' for Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Jon Jones plans to erase all doubts after his fight with Ovince Saint Preux by running straight through Daniel Cormier at UFC 200.

It's no secret that former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones was disappointed with his return to the Octagon. 'Bones' cruised to a unanimous decision win over Ovince Saint Preux at UFC 197, but appeared notably tentative throughout the bout.

The Jackson-Wink product revealed as much in the post-fight interview, explaining to Joe Rogan that he struggled to ignite the championship spark that made him a pound-for-pound great.

The newly-crowned interim champ also battled with legal and personal issues heading into UFC 197, but with most of his troubles now behind him, Jones plans to 'annihilate' Daniel Cormier in their long-awaited rematch this…

Jon Jones has a 'strong strategy' for Daniel Cormier at UFC 200

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Gonna be a tactical decision win for somebody. I don't expect fire works the likes of Rory vs Robbie. Jon's last exciting fight IMO was in 2013 against Gus.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
I find Jones fight very boring unless he's destroying dudes or even when he's destroying dudes still boring until the moment he decides to destroy.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The championship spark that made him a pound for pound great...

Preposterous accusation. Jon jones is the greatest fighter to ever fight on TV. It too me a while to realize this but one day it became clear as a mountain tain spring. I think the only challenge for him is prime fedor. Or any fedor. Someone who bullrushes him and has the will to take a few to give one or two. But it's gotta be in Thier terms. Cormier failed and it makes me wonder you know

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
Preposterous accusation. Jon jones is the greatest fighter to ever fight on TV. It too me a while to realize this but one day it became clear as a mountain tain spring. I think the only challenge for him is prime fedor. Or any fedor. Someone who bullrushes him and has the will to take a few to give one or two. But it's gotta be in Thier terms. Cormier failed and it makes me wonder you know
Cormier had a lot going for him at the time. He just didn't have.... that championship spark ;)

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Well I think whatever "off" meant (ring rust), has just been shaken off with that lackluster 5 rounder.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Jon doesn't like him, he will punish him. I guarantee he takes District of Columbia down but holds him down this time and unleashes the fury and stops him.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Just do what you did last time. DC isn't going to be any better than he was in the first fight. If anything, he's going to be worse because he's another year and a half closer to 40 and more ring-worn after going through that war with Gustaffson.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Gonna be a tactical decision win for somebody. I don't expect fire works the likes of Rory vs Robbie. Jon's last exciting fight IMO was in 2013 against Gus.
You didn't find the fight with Cormier exciting? Other than Round 5, I thought it was one of the best MMA fights of all time.

Woko

Top dog isn't my desire, it's just my design.
Apr 19, 2016
I heard he's having lead injected into his feet so DC will find it harder to slam him. Don't quote me on this, nasty are these rumours.

Unanimous points win for JBJ.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You didn't find the fight with Cormier exciting? Other than Round 5, I thought it was one of the best MMA fights of all time.
I enjoyed it and was there live which made it a great experience but I wouldn't use the word exciting to describe it. Rory vs Robbie isn't even a fair comparison as it's such a crazy exciting fight which was also very technical with back and forth momentum swings, most of the card was similar. DC vs Jones was more of a chess match with Cormier having glimpse of success here and there but after the third you knew Jon had it in the bag. Jones vs Vitor and Gus were more exciting IMO.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I enjoyed it and was there live which made it a great experience but I wouldn't use the word exciting to describe it. Rory vs Robbie isn't even a fair comparison as it's such a crazy exciting fight which was also very technical with back and forth momentum swings, most of the card was similar. DC vs Jones was more of a chess match with Cormier having glimpse of success here and there but after the third you knew Jon had it in the bag. Jones vs Vitor and Gus were more exciting IMO.
You should rewatch it on tv. It's one of those fights that may be tough to appreciate from the stands depending on on where you're sitting. The grip and clinch fights were the most technical I've seen in an MMA fight and at a few points it threatened to go full Frye/Takayama but both are too smart for that. I agree Jon was running away with it after a certain point, but the infighting was a master class in getting and denying grips, dirty boxing and of course some great kickboxing as well.

check it

kids need ninja shit too
Jul 23, 2015
I think jones is an exciting fighter in general. But...I get distracted by spinning shit instead of shiny objects

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You should rewatch it on tv. It's one of those fights that may be tough to appreciate from the stands depending on on where you're sitting. The grip and clinch fights were the most technical I've seen in an MMA fight and at a few points it threatened to go full Frye/Takayama but both are too smart for that. I agree Jon was running away with it after a certain point, but the infighting was a master class in getting and denying grips, dirty boxing and of course some great kickboxing as well.
I've searched a few times on TV and enjoyed for sure. As you said it's very technical which I enjoy but I also enjoy back and forths and watching people overcome adversity. I'll never miss a Jones fight and they don't have to be like the Korean Zombie fights but it's a mixed blessing almost. The guys too good for other guys too be challenging enough for it too be a nail biter or edge or your seat exciting like the Gus fight.

M

member 3289

Jones via stoppage in the 3rd.

You heard it here first.

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016
I am saying this again Cormier will beat Jon Jones on ufc 200 .. Jones time has come to lose..He is bigger and slower and gases easily . He never had that knock out power so it will be pretty easy for Dc to defeat Jones..