Jon Jones has 'no interest in fighting in the UFC,' prepared for long holdout

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

Jon Jones is prepared to stick by his fight with the UFC for the long haul.

In an appearance on Steve-O’s “Wild Ride!” podcast Thursday, the UFC light heavyweight champion, who has been locked in a pay dispute with UFC president Dana White, says he’s not stepping back into the octagon until he gets what he believes is his fair share of the profits his fights generate.

“I don’t want to fight soon,” Jones said. “I have no interest in fighting in the UFC until I get paid what I believe I’m worth.”

But the fighter considered by many the greatest pound-for-pound competitor in mixed martial arts history says this isn’t all about him — he’s thinking of the guys at the bottom of the pay scale....

Continue reading:

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
What a great man. He takes the time to make the homeless in Albuquerque feel human and he takes a stand to help the guys at the bottom of the UFC roster. If only there were more people like him.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Dude is the definition of a waste of talent.

Following in the footsteps of his brothers he feels that he needs to juice to win. If it hadn't been for them juicing he may have been clean.

The only fight that I could be persuaded to believe Jon was off the juice was against OSP where he looked like shit.

During his career the UFC has continuously covered up for him, moved events for him and changed rules for him.

I wish I could have seen his talents without the roids.

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
he's been well coached on this but it's still an obvious lie. if he got the money he wanted to fight Francis, he would not give a fuck in shit about the prelim guys

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Long Holdout = Remove Me from Testing Pool = ???

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
What a great man. He takes the time to make the homeless in Albuquerque feel human and he takes a stand to help the guys at the bottom of the UFC roster. If only there were more people like him.
I think he was shooting at homeless a few months before so we will call it even

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
He's tripping over dollars to pick up pennies at this point. If his holdout goes 2 years, and hypothetically he could have fought twice a year in that time, he's losing $36m. No idea what he's asking for as far as pay goes, but you would think with all the money he's lost due to suspensions from his fuckups, he'd be more motivated to play catchup. His window in this sport isn't long, and it does not appear that his draw power is as big as it once was. He might want to rethink his demands since this is all about money. Perhaps get more creative with what he's asking for and rewrite the contract based upon performance incentives (ie. flat fee is "x", first round finish elevates that to "y", and so on). If he is not confident he can win based upon performance incentives, and he is not the draw he once was, I don't know what to tell him. On top of that, until live gate opens up, anyone asking for major pay increases is going to be at a stalemate. If the organization is telling him to take a pay decrease, I'd be much more in his corner (like Jorge).

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He's tripping over dollars to pick up pennies at this point. If his holdout goes 2 years, and hypothetically he could have fought twice a year in that time, he's losing $36m. No idea what he's asking for as far as pay goes, but you would think with all the money he's lost due to suspensions from his fuckups, he'd be more motivated to play catchup. His window in this sport isn't long, and it does not appear that his draw power is as big as it once was. He might want to rethink his demands since this is all about money. Perhaps get more creative with what he's asking for and rewrite the contract based upon performance incentives (ie. flat fee is "x", first round finish elevates that to "y", and so on). If he is not confident he can win based upon performance incentives, and he is not the draw he once was, I don't know what to tell him. On top of that, until live gate opens up, anyone asking for major pay increases is going to be at a stalemate. If the organization is telling him to take a pay decrease, I'd be much more in his corner (like Jorge).
could have popped hot for something new and this is an agreed upon "retirement"
Or pulsed way above his other tests and they said hey we can't explain this one bud.

Regardless I think he is wanting out of the testing pool to cycle and bulk for awhile.

Totally agree with the live gate thing.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
could have popped hot for something new and this is an agreed upon "retirement"
Or pulsed way above his other tests and they said hey we can't explain this one bud.

Regardless I think he is wanting out of the testing pool to cycle and bulk for awhile.

Totally agree with the live gate thing.
Based upon all his fuckups, I don't think the UFC would be trying to cover anything up for him at this point. It's not like he has a fight scheduled for tomorrow. He's made ridiculous fight suggestions, one after another, and all were shot down. He's just not a very bright guy. I don't think this is something behind closed doors being coordinated with the UFC. He isn't Conor.

If he is under contract with the UFC, even if he doesn't have a fight booked, I don't think they take anyone out of the testing pool unless they actually retire. As long as the UFC offers him a fight under his normal contract terms every once in a while, he stays under contract. I'm guessing that is what they will do. If he retires, he is still under contract, just inactive. It would take him out of the testing pool, but as soon as he decides he is no longer retired, he's still in the same contract, plus he'd need to go back into the testing pool for 4 or 6 months (don't know the time frame).

I could be wrong with specific terms of UFC contracts, trying to get out of them, retirement clauses etc... but based upon litigation with other fighters, this is what i've retained in my piss brain.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Based upon all his fuckups, I don't think the UFC would be trying to cover anything up for him at this point. It's not like he has a fight scheduled for tomorrow. He's made ridiculous fight suggestions, one after another, and all were shot down. He's just not a very bright guy. I don't think this is something behind closed doors being coordinated with the UFC. He isn't Conor.

If he is under contract with the UFC, even if he doesn't have a fight booked, I don't think they take anyone out of the testing pool unless they actually retire. As long as the UFC offers him a fight under his normal contract terms every once in a while, he stays under contract. I'm guessing that is what they will do. If he retires, he is still under contract, just inactive. It would take him out of the testing pool, but as soon as he decides he is no longer retired, he's still in the same contract, plus he'd need to go back into the testing pool for 4 or 6 months (don't know the time frame).

I could be wrong with specific terms of UFC contracts, trying to get out of them, retirement clauses etc... but based upon litigation with other fighters, this is what i've retained in my piss brain.
I agree with most of this

but them covering for him at this point would be doubling down to avoid being exposed for an uneven PED test program and the enabling of a real habitual Juicer.

I don't know if he really wants to go to HW anyways tho, so my speculative Bulking cycle is just one of many options

He should just fight, clock is ticking on him and he is looking less and less like a cut above the rest lately....but maybe the latter part of that sentence is exactly why he wants a break or more pay.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I agree with most of this

but them covering for him at this point would be doubling down to avoid being exposed for an uneven PED test program and the enabling of a real habitual Juicer.

I don't know if he really wants to go to HW anyways tho, so my speculative Bulking cycle is just one of many options

He should just fight, clock is ticking on him and he is looking less and less like a cut above the rest lately....but maybe the latter part of that sentence is exactly why he wants a break or more pay.
I'm open to ideas, and that certainly could be the case, but it's not the direction my mind is going. I just think Jon isn't very bright, and is pissed that he doesn't have control. He seems to not realize he is just a few months removed from his last arrest/fuckup.

As a follow up to my post above, I believe Jon's last stupid idea was to fight Mike Tyson in boxing. Yeah, that's a bright move for someone in the prime of his career. Let's call out a 50+ year old boxer who hasn't fought in 20 years. If that wasn't stupid enough, it came with the caveat that Mike would then need to fight him in MMA for his next fight, even though Mike has said over and over again he will NEVER fight MMA. Chael has a funny take on it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiwmK8WrNXs&t=0s

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
that is what I have felt about his recent videos
Tito was recently filmed (he hired people to film him lol) "guarding" some stores in Huntington Beach, so this just makes me laugh since they are both borderline retarded. It is funny watching Jon shaking hands with those cops though since you know he's on a first name basis with them due to his criminal history.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Tito was recently filmed (he hired people to film him lol) "guarding" some stores in Huntington Beach, so this just makes me laugh since they are both borderline retarded. It is funny watching Jon shaking hands with those cops though since you know he's on a first name basis with them due to his criminal history.
lmao

Jon has a film crew with him also
He is center stage in in the above video

pretty funny stuff for sure

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
I think I'm in Jon Jones corner here for once... Sort of.
Obviously I don't buy this horse shit about doing it for the lower tier guys otherwise he wouldn't be holding out for $15m for himself but he'd be refusing to fight unless everyone fighting that night including prelims and debutantes gets at least $50k/$50k (well... Something along those lines)

However, even if he's just recently resigned, if ufc want him to go up to heavyweight then he should be getting paid a lot more.
Look at the fighter with the most title defences in the history if the sport, mighty mouse. He was getting paid well less per fight than heavyweights that never even got a belt like overeem, hunt and ngannou.
Heavyweights get paid more, period. If Ufc want him to go to HW, they gotta pay for it.

Last edited:

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
lmao

Jon has a film crew with him also
He is center stage in in the above video

pretty funny stuff for sure
I didn't watch much of the video you posted, just cued it and played a little bit of it from where he enters frame, starts talking and shakes a few cops' hands. Chael did question whether he paid the guys he "confiscated" spray paint cans from, since it was Jon's filming crew that got "the shot." I'm subscribed to Chael's channel just for his Jon Jones videos since they are always hilarious and I just picture Jon squirming watching them.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I think I'm in Jon Jones corner here for once... Sort of.
Obviously I don't buy this horse shit about doing it for the lower tier guys otherwise he wouldn't be holding out for $15m for himself but he'd be refusing to fight unless everyone fighting that night including prelims and debutantes gets at least $50k/$50k (we'll... Something along those lines)

However, even if he's just recently resigned, if ufc want him to go up to heavyweight then he should be getting paid a lot more.
Look at the fighter with the most title defences in the history if the sport, mighty mouse. He was getting paid well less per fight than heavyweights that never even got a belt like overeem, hunt and ngannou.
Heavyweights get paid more, period. If Ufc want him to go to HW, they gotta pay for it.
It was Jon that requested the HW match, not the UFC. He would have been paid handsomely if he took the HW fight vs. Cormier, but he turned that down stating that his advantage over Cormier was at the lower weight and he didn't want to give Cormier any advantages. I could dig up the quote or video, but I'm too lazy.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
It was Jon that requested the HW match, not the UFC. He would have been paid handsomely if he took the HW fight vs. Cormier, but he turned that down stating that his advantage over Cormier was at the lower weight and he didn't want to give Cormier any advantages. I could dig up the quote or video, but I'm too lazy.
I didn't think it would be as easy to dig up the quote as it was, so even thought I'm lazy, it played in my favor tonight.

“I’m a realist,” Jones said. “Daniel Cormier is a special athlete and anyone can be beat. I think my greatest chance of losing would be to a guy like Daniel Cormier. We’d be giving him a power and strength advantage over me; it just doesn’t make sense.

“Right now, I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it."

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I didn't think it would be as easy to dig up the quote as it was, so even thought I'm lazy, it played in my favor tonight.

“I’m a realist,” Jones said. “Daniel Cormier is a special athlete and anyone can be beat. I think my greatest chance of losing would be to a guy like Daniel Cormier. We’d be giving him a power and strength advantage over me; it just doesn’t make sense.

“Right now, I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it."
Cue to Jon calling out the most dangerous HW

LOL he is full of talk about HW
Will wait until he makes the walk

He hates fighting guys even close to his reach and frame