Jon Jones has only lost 1 round

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

in his entire career. The first round against Gustafsson.

Many people gave Gus the second and/or third rounds as well, but those were razor close and can easily be argued as going to Jones (remember one judge scored it 49-46 for Jones).

The same argument can be made for the second round of the DC fight. I personally scored that fight 50-45 for Bones.

This guy is doing stuff that GSP, Anderson, and Fedor could never dream of. I don't know why he isn't considered the unanimous GOAT.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
in his entire career. The first round against Gustafsson.

Many people gave Gus the second and/or third rounds as well, but those were razor close and can easily be argued as going to Jones (remember one judge scored it 49-46 for Jones).

The same argument can be made for the second round of the DC fight. I personally scored that fight 50-45 for Bones.

This guy is doing stuff that GSP, Anderson, and Fedor could never dream of. I don't know why he isn't considered the unanimous GOAT.
There is only one teamquestnorth @teamquestnorth. Gonna have to step it up if you wanna play in his world.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I gave Gus 1,2,3 no joke. I literally stood up and said AND NEW when they were announcing the decision. I was so sure he won those rounds.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
JBJ is the current G.O.A.T..there's a 8 year old kid training right now that will be the future G.O.A.T... It will go Fedor,JBJ,and so on

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Jones is incredible. I say one difference between his career and GSP is timing though. George was dominating WWs toughest in their prime for the most part, guys like Hughes X2, Trigg, Koshcheck X2, Condit, Hendricks, Alves, Fitch, Shields, Diaz were still is good as ever when they fought him ( Penn and Sherk were good wins but shouldn't be fighting guys like GSP at WW).

Jon has destroyed so many guys but I'd like to think we can agree that some of those LWHs were on the downside like Shogun, Janitor or Rampage. Gotta admit that the old new Vitor all jacked up looked good in that fight so props to Jon for the victory over that old school guy. Also guys like Machida who went to MW after and Sonnen who's got no business at LHW don't really do much for me. IMO Jons best wins are Rashad, Gus, DC and Vitor.

If Jon keeps it up I think his timing for a potential move to the HW division could play out very well to him as well. The combination of his abilities along with how HW hasn't changed much in a decade will make his possible move work great.

No way the MMA GOAT will ever be unanimously agreed upon so let the heated arguments begin!

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
1. JBJ
2. Anderson Silva
3. GSP

That's IMO. Jon Jones is the greatest talent we have seen in MMA thus far.

PeteyParker

Posting Machina
Feb 8, 2016
Jones is incredible. I say one difference between his career and GSP is timing though. George was dominating WWs toughest in their prime for the most part, guys like Hughes X2, Trigg, Koshcheck X2, Condit, Hendricks, Alves, Fitch, Shields, Diaz were still is good as ever when they fought him ( Penn and Sherk were good wins but shouldn't be fighting guys like GSP at WW).

Jon has destroyed so many guys but I'd like to think we can agree that some of those LWHs were on the downside like Shogun, Janitor or Rampage. Gotta admit that the old new Vitor all jacked up looked good in that fight so props to Jon for the victory over that old school guy. Also guys like Machida who went to MW after and Sonnen who's got no business at LHW don't really do much for me. IMO Jons best wins are Rashad, Gus, DC and Vitor.

If Jon keeps it up I think his timing for a potential move to the HW division could play out very well to him as well. The combination of his abilities along with how HW hasn't changed much in a decade will make his possible move work great.

No way the MMA GOAT will ever be unanimously agreed upon so let the heated arguments begin!
did not dominate Hendricks and arguably lost that fight.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
JBJ is the current G.O.A.T..there's a 8 year old kid training right now that will be the future G.O.A.T... It will go Fedor,JBJ,and so on
Name? You got a son I don't know about?

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I thought GSP showed guts in the Hendricks fight and I think he won 3-2. But Bird is right GSP fought in a very tough division and largely dominated.

Although I do disagree about Shogun being on the slide, as he was 205lb champ at the time and was coming off of (what should have been) two decisive victories over Lyoto.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I thought GSP showed guts in the Hendricks fight and I think he won 3-2. But Bird is right GSP fought in a very tough division and largely dominated.

Although I do disagree about Shogun being on the slide, as he was 205lb champ at the time and was coming off of (what should have been) two decisive victories over Lyoto.
Shogun indeed was the guy to beat but the belt was a hot potatoe then. It's his knee surgeries that make me say he was sliding by then, Jon fucked him up bad.

M

member 3289

I didn't know there was a crack problem in Leprechaun Land.

Look, and I hope this is the last time I have to say this, but Gus didn't fucking win R4. He did not.

I don't care if he was winning the first 4:20 of the round or that it was his best round of the fight. He caught that spinning back elbow (the most effective strike from either fighter for the entire fight) and it had him on Queer Street. He was very, very dazed.

If the round had ended with only that elbow, I would agree that Gus possibly won it. But then after that, JBJ landed multiple strikes on his badly wounded opponent.

This "Gus won the 4th" madness needs to stop. Even Alex himself admits he lost that round. Enough is enough.

/rant

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Proud of you for not mentioning Aaron Pico as a potential future GOAT.
It crossed my mind lol...Yes never know..Stevo is just fkn mean and is starting naga nogi tournaments..he could be a nasty fighter one day