Jon Jones helps the homeless in Albuquerque for Christmas

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

This winter holiday season has seemingly surfaced the charitable side of the MMA community. Recently Justin Gaethje paid off the lunch debts for students in a Colorado school. Now, UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones is doing his part for the less fortunate in Albuquerque.

It’s a blessing to give, spread love.

A post shared by Jon Bones Jones (@jonnybones) on Dec 23, 2019 at 4:36pm PST

Jones posted multiple pictures and videos of his team and himself on his Instagram profile handing out warm winter attire to the homeless in Albuquerque — with the caption “It’s a…

UFC champ Jon Jones helps the homeless in Albuquerque for Christmas

jimmy boogaloo

General Links/Your Account
Nov 15, 2017
if you give in private, no matter how much, it means something good. if when you give, you make a point of ensuring everyone knows, it definitely devalues what you're doing from a moral perspective.

he's straight-up buying good PR, with side benefits for people who get a jacket. though , i would be over the moon to hear he talked to some of the homeless people and actually appeared to give a shit.

I just get the impression he will be laughing and joking, slinging jackets, saying how good they are, feeling great about himself, without genuinely giving a fuck of any kind.

search your feelings. you know it be true.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
if you give in private, no matter how much, it means something good. if when you give, you make a point of ensuring everyone knows, it definitely devalues what you're doing from a moral perspective.

he's straight-up buying good PR, with side benefits for people who get a jacket. though , i would be over the moon to hear he talked to some of the homeless people and actually appeared to give a shit.

I just get the impression he will be laughing and joking, slinging jackets, saying how good they are, feeling great about himself, without genuinely giving a fuck of any kind.

Here's the story of Gaethje's donation:

According to Denver news station 9News, Gaethje is friends with a teacher at the school which is what prompted his donation. 9News also spoke to West Early College’s executive principle Ana Mendoza about the donation who said that it was completely unexpected, that Gaethje just delivered the check and then left, not wanting to take any pictures or make a big deal about it.

Morning Report: Justin Gaethje pays off over $1500 in student lunch debt for two Denver schools

Atto

Chinese Virus
Feb 11, 2016

I don't believe in any of Jones shit.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Well, how much 1 student would owe?
I mean if there were 150 students then each one would owe 10 dollars, and they could have paid it themselves.
No, idea. But this is an obvious case of someone just doing something nice, and not seeking recognition for it.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
good on Jones but jimmy boogaloo @jimmy boogaloo is 100%

Gaethje, appears, drops off a check and leaves
Jones, call his friends and tell them what he's about to do. Shows up, tells his friends to get a good picture of him, make sure his face is showing. typical Jones move

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm glad Jon ran them over........some stuff to keep warm.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
"Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward."

- Jesus

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
good on Jones but jimmy boogaloo @jimmy boogaloo is 100%

Gaethje, appears, drops off a check and leaves
Jones, call his friends and tell them what he's about to do. Shows up, tells his friends to get a good picture of him, make sure his face is showing. typical Jones move
You are right. It. It would have been better if Jon did nothing at all. Fuck him and his good will because he took a picture. It was all for the wrong reasons just because it was Jon Jones.

jimmy boogaloo

Nov 15, 2017
"Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward."

- Jesus
haha! oh shit, that slices

jimmy boogaloo

Nov 15, 2017
You are right. It. It would have been better if Jon did nothing at all. Fuck him and his good will because he took a picture. It was all for the wrong reasons just because it was Jon Jones.
no one is saying he shouldn't have done it. just doubting his intentions due to the intentional PR exercise. you ok buddy? do you understand now? lol