VID Jon Jones Press Conference (live NOW)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Yes. That's the way i see it homie.
I'm not a fan of either but sucks it has to go down that way for them.

Oh remember this

"I think the ufc trusts that they will never hear about me getting a DUI or anything like that"

Breaking news Jon Jones busted for DUI

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
Yes. That's the way i see it homie.
"I was the guy who snitched on either guys for weed in school"

"Jon- I had a serious weed problem. I guess I thought if I was doing well and smoking it was ok"

Breaking news- Jon jones busted for cocaine

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I am seeing a lot of "nobody to blame but Jon" on the internet and think that is somewhat myopic. There are two issues here. The result and the timing. There is nobody to blame but Jones for the card being blown up but that shouldn't lead people to totally discount the timing portion and let USADA off the hook. They shouldn't be getting results 72 hours before the damn event. That is unprofessional and amateur hour. Get your fucking timing down. People have already traveled, etc...that is a joke.

Fighters are going to mess up...that is a given, but to overlook the systemic issue here because there is "no one to blame but Jones" would be a mistake. You can also blame the USADA...I mean 72 hours before...give me a break.
Unless you can vet that testing science covers that whole list they test for quicker than this, then USADA does as it is supposed to do.

Telling USADA not to release tests ruins divisions when it happens AFTER fights

Telling USADA not to test in a window because it will release tests too close to the event gives fighters a window to cheat.

Until someone provides proof that USADA are not testing "fast enough" your whole post is angry fan conjecture.

canofsticks

I'm just here for the rumham
Aug 4, 2015
Unless you can vet that testing science covers that whole list they test for quicker than this, then USADA does as it is supposed to do.

Telling USADA not to release tests ruins divisions when it happens AFTER fights

Telling USADA not to test in a window because it will release tests too close to the event gives fighters a window to cheat.

Until someone provides proof that USADA are not testing "fast enough" your whole post is angry fan conjecture.
would like to add that it's not even USADA testing the physical samples. It's WADA accredited labs, of which there are only two in the entire United States - one in California and one in Utah.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Here's another example of a test return time

Gleison Tibau, got notified of his failure for EPO 4 weeks after his Fight Night 77 match

He got Notified for his IN-Competition test failure 3 weeks after that. If the testing is taking longer than necessary, why did Tibau's in-competition test take over a month to return? This is only the first example I've dug up of testing return time, if they were just picking times based on the importance of the fight/fighter then they would just notify Tibau ASAP after the fight.

The testing occurs until it hits a flag, then it is verified and when so released to the fighter/UFC. That's how the testing works. I seriously doubt (unless Nowitzy really wants to hang himself with the UFC here) that they are picking and choosing which fighters to notify when.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
would like to add that it's not even USADA testing the physical samples. It's WADA accredited labs, of which there are only two in the entire United States - one in California and one in Utah.
Exactly, I keep omitting that in this furor of discussion, and you're right that's the case and why a backlog and inconsistent time frame exists as well.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
If any of you have SiriusXM, the Jason Ellis Show is discussing this right now (Faction channel). Ellis is a long time fan, and they have some good thoughts.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Frank Mir's in-competition test failure also took two and half weeks from the fight he had with Mark Hunt.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
If any of you have SiriusXM, the Jason Ellis Show is discussing this right now (Faction channel). Ellis is a long time fan, and they have some good thoughts.
Didn't Jason coin "Cock Chestner" ?