Jon Jones says he's vacating UFC title after spat with Dana White

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016

Jon Jones says he’s no longer the UFC light heavyweight champion while his ongoing feud with company president Dana White continues to get more tense.

Jones seemingly hit a boiling point following comments from White at Saturday’s UFC on ESPN 9 post-fight news conference. The two sides have been going back-and-forth in recent days, with the entire situation stemming from “Bones” looking for what White said was a boost in payment to move to heavyweight and fight Francis Ngannou.

White refused to upgrade Jones’ contract, and pointed to Jones’ history of outside-the-cage issues as something that’s hurt his star power in the sport. Jones didn’t take kindly to that, and again claimed White is lying to the public. He asked to be let go from his UFC contract....

Continue reading:

ender852

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2015
full heel turn Jones leaves his family and moves to Asia so he can fight on all the juice?

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Jones is an opportunist.
with the Coronavirus, he's the type that won't take huge risks (refused Sonnen after Hendo fell off) so he's got no plans to fight right now. mind as well, cause drama to bring his pay up when everything settles and he decides to come back.

and party at the same time~

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He'd rather vacate the title than lose it definitively in the Reyes rematch.
or santos

I hope Dana pulls the legal support from Jones and he actually does some time for his repeated drunk driving and the drunk driving and discharging a firearm in the city

Johnny 90

Lower-end Stan
May 21, 2020
Jon Jones is basically pulling another Mike Tyson. Fame has gotten to his head too much and he is being a prick here like Tito Ortiz had been previously. I loved the era when Chuck Liddell reigned as the Light Heavyweight Champion. Cool and classy but deadly. If Jones leaves this time, it's definitely gonna be final and Dana White is not gonna take him back after this

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
He'd rather vacate the title than lose it definitively in the Reyes rematch.
It's incredible how distorted people's perceptions of that fight are.

Reyes threw everything he had at Jones, and once Jones adjusted, he spent the last two rounds walking Reyes down and beating him up. Jones does better in rematches too. It's far more difficult to see how Reyes could adjust than Jones.

Johnny 90

Lower-end Stan
May 21, 2020
It's incredible how distorted people's perceptions of that fight are.

Reyes threw everything he had at Jones, and once Jones adjusted, he spent the last two rounds walking Reyes down and beating him up. Jones does better in rematches too. It's far more difficult to see how Reyes could adjust than Jones.
Yup, your post is actually backed up by facts. He finished both Gustaffson and Cormier in their rematches eventhough he cleanly decisioned both fighters in their first matches

Johnny 90

Lower-end Stan
May 21, 2020
Well, all of you can condemn whatever you all like about Jon Jones, but when it comes to Fight IQ, he holds a PhD there

Thuglife13

✝👦🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
Well if he's legit gone then it's back to 100K buy averages unless Conor fights which won't be anytime soon I think...

Johnny 90

Lower-end Stan
May 21, 2020
Your English seems to have improved in days.

TMMAC Teaching trolls English by the minutes!!!
Hahaha, English BTW is not my native language. Sorry for the grammatical mistakes that I made before. It's more likely the result of typo errors rather than not being well versed in the language

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Remember when Jon cared so much about his career that he was willing to snitch on people to get away with using ped's...which the UFC went along with...makes you wonder what names he named and whose careers he ruined...

“Prior to the hearing, USADA determined that a 30-month reduction in the otherwise applicable period of ineligibility was appropriate under the rules based on Jones’ delivery of substantial assistance. Evidence related to Jones’ substantial assistance was presented at the hearing and considered by the arbitrator.”

Johnny 90

Lower-end Stan
May 21, 2020
I believe the reasons Jones was throwing tantrums was simply because, he was not getting enough attention or recognition for being the greatest fighter in the world. I mean, look at the adulation given to Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali in their prime
Both were getting invited left and right for many television shows and interviews and were treated much better than top Hollywood Superstars. Unfortunately for Jones, he doesn't find himself in the company of A_ list celebrities or getting invited to Oprah or The Tonight Show. It may look pretty strange being the baddest dude on the planet and still being overlooked. Perhaps, the advent of social media had caused all this as Jones finds himself outclassed by more glamorous and charismatic celebrities like say, Brock Lesnar, Conor Mcgregor or Rowdy Ronda Rousey

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
I believe the reasons Jones was throwing tantrums was simply because, he was not getting enough attention or recognition for being the greatest fighter in the world. I mean, look at the adulation given to Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali in their prime
Both were getting invited left and right for many television shows and interviews and were treated much better than top Hollywood Superstars. Unfortunately for Jones, he doesn't find himself in the company of A_ list celebrities or getting invited to Oprah or The Tonight Show. It may look pretty strange being the baddest dude on the planet and still being overlooked. Perhaps, the advent of social media had caused all this as Jones finds himself outclassed by more glamorous and charismatic celebrities like say, Brock Lesnar, Conor Mcgregor or Rowdy Ronda Rousey
Possibly true. Maybe that's why he was trying to attach his name to Francis Ngannou, because Francis is gaining so much attention.