Jon Jones: Trilogy fight with Daniel Cormier a ‘strong possibility’

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

At UFC 214, the conflict between Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier ended when Jones scored a third-round knockout to win back the light heavyweight title. Cormier himself acknowledged that “there is no rivalry” after being defeated twice.

Jones, on the other hand, has not closed this chapter of his fighting career just yet. In a recent interview with MMA Junkie, “Bones” says he is still expecting to cross paths with Cormier sometime in the near future.

“I think Daniel is proud of himself for what he’s been able to accomplish. He should have his head high,” Jones said. “At this point, I don’t think it’s much of a debate where he stands in this sport when it comes to me and him. I think it’s a closed chapter. With…

Jones: Trilogy fight with Cormier a ‘strong possibility’

benjo0101

TMMAC Addict
Jun 13, 2016
Why? It might end DC as a human being to lose again.

Outside of Gus he's Jones's only legit competitor at lhw

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I would love to see DC vs Jones 3. DC was taking it to Jones and as long as DC can *actually learn how to not dip into that left kick, it'd be interesting to see how that fight would play out.

M

member 3289

It's not as bad as a MM-Joseph Benavidez situation, but it's not like Cormier is ever going to beat Jones.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I do not see the point in this fight. Did DC come close to beating Jon Jones in those first fights?

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
Not gonna happen.

DC needs a couple o good wins to be in the conversation again.

He'll be pushing his 41st birthday by the time that happens. & Jones will be like 32.
Nah. DC can retire to the booth.

The EZ Life

Posting Machine
Aug 6, 2015
And then if D.C. Wins there will be a 4th fight.... and then if he wins again a 5th to decide it all?

I guess the Only way cormier should fight him again is if jones doesn't go to HW and cormier and jones both fight another top LHW contender, both win, and no one is left to challenge except cormier