Jon Jones vs Anthony Johnson Confirmed?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I'm not saying Gus is a superior Wrestler at all or that you're delusional, I'm just saying he proved that Jones can be outwrestled, albeit, he was rusty, but he's not the near perfect fighter we thought he was.

A guy with similar dimensions, good long strikes(jab, right hand, low kicks etc) and prepared determined Wrestling can beat him up.
From most reports Jones was partying it up all camp for the Gus fight. Up to a fight days out even. He didn't take Gus seriously.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I thought of that too. Holy fuck would it be awesome to see Jones demolish Mr Rousey
Besides the selfish drama we'd enjoy watching leading up it would be a cool match up. Jones finally being the smaller man would be very interesting. I'd take on all kinds of bets in favour of Jon.

Mishima Zaibatsu

TMMAC’s resident musician
Feb 27, 2016
From most reports Jones was partying it up all camp for the Gus fight. Up to a fight days out even. He didn't take Gus seriously.
This is part of why we need to see the rematch eventually, now that Jones is taking his career more seriously.

This is why I wanted to see him fight Cormier, because we've never seen him beat anyone at his absolute best.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
aj may be good in the clinch, but we're talking about jon jones here. no one stays standing for long when he gets ahold of you. his trips are just too much.
Jones was able to do all of that to non-wrestlers, but he did against Bader, Jones had a good double which he shot far but was success cuz of his long limbs and in rnd2, they were clinched up and looks like Bader just fell backwards and looked like it didn't take much effort from Jones. Jones has success with takedowns and sweeps but for mostly non-wrestlers. Those takedowns he did on DC happened during a scramble (when he tripped him) and when DC gassed. I give Jones all the credit but it wasn't due to his wrestling skillz vs another good wrestler. AJ, I think is a junior college wrestling champ like Jones. He showed good D in takedown and clinch vs Phil Davis and Davis is probably the one of the most decorated wrestler in the division. He was NCAA champ and 4 years Div-1 All American and AJ shut his wrestling off completely. It's going to come down to how efficient AJ uses his gas tank.