Jon Jones vs Brock Lesnar rumored?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Jon “Bones” Jones is preparing to make his return to the octagon. On July 29, Jones will face off against reigning champion and rival Daniel Cormier. The fight will go down in the main event of UFC 214 in Anaheim, Calif. That being said, a recent rumor has revealed that Jon Jones is potentially being considered for another fight in the future.

As reported by Middleeasy, it is currently being rumored that Brock Lesnar will be making a UFC return and Jon Jones will face off against the fighter.

Rumor: Brock Lesnar’s Rumored Opponent Could Be Jon Jones

BJJMMA

John Wayne Man in Johnny Depp World
Jun 7, 2016
I know this particular site tends to be a throw a bunch of random rumors on the board and see what sticks but thought I'd share anyway.

The fight doesn't make sense to me.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I know this particular site tends to be a throw a bunch of random rumors on the board and see what sticks but thought I'd share anyway.

Makes no sense but I would def watch. Jones doesnt have that lights out power and with that Brock could steam roll him.

GSPTrainingInAPool

Man on the silver mountain
Dec 1, 2015
Under K-1 rules with no takedowns i like this fight. But Brock sits on his a la Frank Mir and grinds out a TKO. No way JJ's management thinks this is a good fight for him to take.

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
agree with previous posts. No way Jones would take this fight. All the eye pokes in the world wouldn't keep Lesnar off him. Jones would get ragdolled and destroyed.

I would love to see it tho.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
This would not be a smart fight for someone who fattened up probably weighs 230 against someone who cuts weight to get to 260......no way it happens

Last edited:

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Makes no sense but I would def watch. Jones doesnt have that lights out power and with that Brock could steam roll him.
How's that gonna happen when he can't take Jbj down? Brock couldn't steam roll hunt who is far from jbj on the mat..

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I don't see Jon submitting Brock

Jons clinch work would be nullified by the Giant Roided Man

Jon could kick out a knee or maybe land a high kick(leg may break on big dome tho)...maybe a spinning elbow

I am of the belief that Jon will not do well whenever he faces a man his size or larger that can fight....Gus and OSP are the examples that lead me to doubt his ability to win when he doesn't have size advantage

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
How's that gonna happen when he can't take Jbj down? Brock couldn't steam roll hunt who is far from jbj on the mat..
I actually feel JBJ would be easier to take down because Brock would have a much easier time wrapping his arms around his legs or hips and using brute strength to get him down.

Howard Moon

Posting Machine
Sep 6, 2015
I agree that the idea is idiocy.

That said, who thought they'd ever see mcgregor/mayweather?

I could see this kind of short-sighted money grab from the WME people. They want dollars and don't give a shit about MMA as a sport. Brock wants dollars and doesn't give a shit about MMA, JJ wants dollars and doesn't give a shit about anything but JJ.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I agree that the idea is idiocy.

That said, who thought they'd ever see mcgregor/mayweather?

I could see this kind of short-sighted money grab from the WME people. They want dollars and don't give a shit about MMA as a sport. Brock wants dollars and doesn't give a shit about MMA, JJ wants dollars and doesn't give a shit about anything but JJ.
well said

This fight has more star power than most of the PPV....and most of the star power is Pro wrestling style so it will sell like crazy

total money grab and it is two juicer so nobody can talk smack about PEDS...may as well buy off USADA again and let both of them get xtra swole

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Did you watch the Hunt fight? Brock threw him around like a child. Hunt literally lost every single second of that fight.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
I am of the belief that Jon will not do well whenever he faces a man his size or larger that can fight....Gus and OSP are the examples that lead me to doubt his ability to win when he doesn't have size advantage
He won both of those fights tho

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Did you watch the Hunt fight? Brock threw him around like a child. Hunt literally lost every single second of that fight.

Steam roll to me is finishing a guy..Stipe did more damage and finished him..brock will get beat up when he can't get a takedown

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
if D.C. isn't doing shit in the WRESTLING department brocks gun shy ass isn't

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Steam roll to me is finishing a guy..Stipe did more damage and finished him..brock will get beat up when he can't get a takedown
Steam rolling is generally just a dominant, one sided performance (which that fight definitely was) Not sure what galaxy you live in where Jon Jones can't be taken down by Lesnar. DC is a poor parallel.