Jon Jones vs Brock Lesnar rumored?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ECC170

Monster's 11,ATM 2,Parlay Challenge,Hero GP Champ
Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Steam rolling is generally just a dominant, one sided performance (which that fight definitely was) Not sure what galaxy you live in where Jon Jones can't be taken down by Lesnar. DC is a poor parallel.
I don't know what galaxy lesnar was from when he couldn't take Reem down...cormier is a better wrestler than Lesnar and we see how successful he was.. you guys can keep hoping to find a guy to beat him but it won't be aging lesnar

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I don't know what galaxy lesnar was from when he couldn't take Reem down...cormier is a better wrestler than Lesnar and we see how successful he was.. you guys can keep hoping to find a guy to beat him but it won't be aging lesnar
You would know better than most that wrestling is far from a pure technique sport. Cormier isn't nearly as big as Lesnar. Lesnar is about 6 inches taller and 50 plus pounds heavier than Cormier. The same applies when comparing Ubereem to JBJ as if they carry an similarities. The Overeem that fought Lesnar would have literally killed Jon Jones.

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
Lesnar could take Reem down, but he had the stomach AIDS when they fought. He was NCAA Div. 1 champ at heavyweight while DC was wrestling at 184 lbs.

Cormier is technically better after years of training for international competitions while Lesnar was in the WWE, but Lesnar is WAY bigger and juiced to the gills.

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Lesnar could take Reem down, but he had the stomach AIDS when they fought. He was NCAA Div. 1 champ at heavyweight while DC was wrestling at 184 lbs.

Cormier is technically better after years of training for international competitions while Lesnar was in the WWE, but Lesnar is WAY bigger and juiced to the gills.
Brock doesn't have the stand up to set up a good enough takedown....I know the low down on the difference in Cormier and Lesnar wrestling...Cormier has way better striking to mask his takedowns..Cain isn't the wrestler D.C is and Lesnar got taken down with ease by Cain...You guys should ask yourself if lesnar can stay off his back vs JBJ as well

ECC170

Pro Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Jbj isn't gonna be the same as the 205er we see either.. he will be bigger if he fights Brock.. but in all honesty this whole discussion is irrelevant until we see whay happens Saturday night..

Chromium

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
The only way this fight makes sense is if Jones loses to DC (and it's not controversial or a barnburner).

If JBJ wins, then his aura will be intact, so why risk that against a guy who will likely never fight again and is tainted himself? I'd pick even a diminished JBJ as the favorite over Brock, but it's too great a risk. Jones' greatest asset is his credibility as a fighter, because he's one of the greatest fighters the sport has ever seen and definitely the best LHW ever.

If Jones loses, he still has that legacy but his peak will be officially over, and putting him in a freakshow fight to make one-off huge sack of cash makes more sense.

However, I have a feeling WME is run by retarded monkeys who think fight outcomes are pre-destined and that Brock is "canon fodder". They'd probably book Ronda vs. Cain Velasquez if they could.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He won both of those fights tho
Yes...don't get me wrong...Jon has amazing talent and "god given" athleticism and strength

His heart was impressive in the Gus fight(he looked totally broken mentally after round 3 and part of round 4) and then came back to own the last 6 minutes of the match...I was impressed that he can come back after being the nail for majority of the fight

The OSP fight just did not impress me at all...OSP is great...but he is not consistent...OSP was timid and hesitant and Jon was happy to just get a decision.

I personally think Jon is more focused than ever right now and TBH I think he wins this fight easily.

I don't like the guy out of the ring and I despise a career that utilized eye pokes in place of jabs...but He is a super bad mofo and that is not up for debate

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Yes...don't get me wrong...Jon has amazing talent and "god given" athleticism and strength

His heart was impressive in the Gus fight(he looked totally broken mentally after round 3 and part of round 4) and then came back to own the last 6 minutes of the match...I was impressed that he can come back after being the nail for majority of the fight

The OSP fight just did not impress me at all...OSP is great...but he is not consistent...OSP was timid and hesitant and Jon was happy to just get a decision.

I personally think Jon is more focused than ever right now and TBH I think he wins this fight easily.

I don't like the guy out of the ring and I despise a career that utilized eye pokes in place of jabs...but He is a super bad mofo and that is not up for debate
I agree with everything aside from the insinuation that the eye pokes are intentional. We've been down that long and exhausting road before though. Haha

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
I missed that card...haven't seen any of those fights yet...did hunt land any heavy shots?
If I remember correctly (haven't watched it since it happened live), Hunt landed some shots but nothing too big. Lesnar did his "stick the jab out while leaning hard to the right" thing and was able to avoid getting tagged too badly.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I agree with everything aside from the insinuation that the eye pokes are intentional. We've been down that long and exhausting road before though. Haha
I don't blame jon...I blame the refs for allowing it to be part of his game...Refs blew it, or the rules were dogshit... not sure which
He is not the first or last to love a lil pokey pokey to change fights...Liddell always pissed me off when he did it and he had a good jab..many other examples
He is just doing what is effective in there.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
I don't blame jon...I blame the refs for allowing it to be part of his game...Refs blew it, or the rules were dogshit... not sure which
He is not the first or last to love a lil pokey pokey to change fights...Liddell always pissed me off when he did it and he had a good jab..many other examples
He is just doing what is effective in there.
I hope it either stops happening or the refs do something about it. As I said, I don't think he aims to poke eyes but it has happened enough to where it is evidence of recklessness, likely caused by the fact that he always gets away with it. I hope he keeps winning and never does it again so people can stop bringing it up as if it's the reason he wins.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I hope it either stops happening or the refs do something about it. As I said, I don't think he aims to poke eyes but it has happened enough to where it is evidence of recklessness, likely caused by the fact that he always gets away with it. I hope he keeps winning and never does it again so people can stop bringing it up as if it's the reason he wins.
I actually think he didn't use any pokes vs OSP...I remember noticing that
He probably beats the guys without them and that is what irks me

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Hunt doesn't do decisions anyways...but his energy drops fast from grappling...samoans like to bang on the feet
Fully agree. The supreme striking Samoan with the great TDD was supposed to send Brock right back to the WWE. Turns out none of that happened.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Did you watch the Hunt fight? Brock threw him around like a child. Hunt literally lost every single second of that fight.

I'm noticing now that Hunt grabbed for the fence at least twice during that fight. Kind of ironic considering how much he's been complaining.