Jon Jones vs. DJ vs. GSP

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

When you say bully do you mean average sized for the division at best?

Against "little" Khabib who has missed weight how many times? How long are you going to wait before taking a shit on him and his winning streak if he doesn't move up and fight Usman or whoever?

Khabib Nurmagomedov has no plans to chase pound-for-pound rankings or move weight classes to pursue second UFC title

It wouldn't affect me too much one way or the other. Personally, I'd prefer Tony get his fight first.

homo fagit

Writer, and adventurer
Jul 17, 2018
Sounds like a big bully trying to pick on the little small guys and take their candy (LW Belt) if you ask me......
How is this different from Silva calling out GSP? Other than GSP looking to go down a whole weight class instead of catch weight of course.
GSP was in a direct partnership with VADA - that was the only reason he wanted them to do all his testing. There is a reason he got the fuck out of dodge once word hit the streets a new sheriff (USADA) was coming to down.
What was the word about USADA coming in 2013 when GSP ''retired''? I don't remember there being any talks

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016
How is this different from Silva calling out GSP? Other than GSP looking to go down a whole weight class instead of catch weight of course.

What was the word about USADA coming in 2013 when GSP ''retired''? I don't remember there being any talks
The Word from GSP’s mouth was “Oh Sheet!”

USADA came in and GSP “took time off”..

Rest is history - his legacy is irrelevant, he will be forgotten as time goes on.

Last edited:

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
This thread isn't about the GOAT. It also isn't about PEDs. It's about technique.

We have to seriously consider that many fighters were and are on PEDs. Not all of them string boxing, wrestling, kickboxing,and submission fighting together seamlessly in a way that transcends the sport. To me, whether they do so fairly is irrelevant. It's a conversation for another type of discussion. I'm talking about pure aesthetics. Khabib, for example, would never be on this list because while his wrestling is phenomenal, his striking leaves a lot to be desired and is mostly predicated on toughness. His submission fighting is also suspect as he makes fairly elementary mistakes when transitioning between submissions that are usually covered up by his ability to win every scramble with his wrestling and his relentless pressure.

DJ's opposition doesn't really matter as much because much like GSP and Jones it was skill that made everyone else look like amateurs. In fights with other people in their weight class, DJ's opponents rarely looked as bad as they did against him. Can we really say guys like Josh Koscheck and Carlos Condit were that much better than Kyoji Horiguchi and Ricardo Lamas? Not convincingly, imo. 125 was just poorly marketed and didn't have a ton of competitors in the UFC.

One person I saw mentioned that I think there is an argument for is prime BJ, but I feel like he's done so much damage to his legacy since the Edgar fights that it's hard to evaluate him fairly.