Jon Jones vs. Dominick Reyes set as the main event for UFC pay-per-view on Feb. 8

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

A light heavyweight title fight between reigning champion Jon Jones and undefeated contender Dominick Reyes is currently in the works for a pay-per-view event expected to take place in Houston, Texas, on Feb. 8

Multiple sources confirmed the fight when speaking to MMA Fighting on Friday. News of the fight was first reported by BJPenn.com.

Jones has been teasing his return to action for the past week after declaring Reyes was the opponent he wanted to face next.

Now he will attempt the third straight defense of his light heavyweight title as Jones looks to build on recent wins over Alexander Gustafsson, Anthony Smith and Thiago Santos. Jones is 25-1 with one no contest in his career with the only loss on his resume coming via a disqualification back in 2009 when he was bludgeoning Matt Hamill with elbows that were deemed illegal.

Jon Jones vs. Dominick Reyes set as the main event for UFC pay-per-view on Feb. 8

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
a LHW not coming off of injury
This is a good fight and a good test

Speaking of Test...how is the secretive USADA picogram shit going?

Reyes better be allowed to run a lil gear to make this fight on the level

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
Happy for Reyes, but this should be rinse and repeat for Jon.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Whoever wins should fight Thiago Santos for the people's champ belt. PCB

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
In MMA you can never give someone no shot whatsoever, but if they fought 100 times, Jones probably wins at least 95 of them. Where is Reyes better than Jones?
I haven't stated that I think he is better than Jon.

Boxing is probably in Reyes favor.
Jones should be a solid favorite because he has lots of tools and experience and still has the undefeated aura.

Jon is doing just enough last few fights. Arguably lost the last one on points.
For those^^reasons I don't see jon as a 95/100 winner.

Reyes has the undefeated Aura also, so that is what sells the fight, and he has more size than most of Jon's opponents.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I haven't stated that I think he is better than Jon.

Boxing is probably in Reyes favor.
Jones should be a solid favorite because he has lots of tools and experience and still has the undefeated aura.

Jon is doing just enough last few fights. Arguably lost the last one on points.
For those^^reasons I don't see jon as a 95/100 winner.
If he's not better, then it's not likely he'll win. He isn't going to out strike or outwrestle Jones. He could catch him, but that's the only way he wins. I like Reyes and I hope he wins, but I'm not seeing it. They should have let him have 2 or 3 more fights to give him an honest chance. The problem is the division is so thin that they have to keep feeding guys to Jones who aren't ready to fight him.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If he's not better, then it's not likely he'll win. He isn't going to out strike or outwrestle Jones. He could catch him, but that's the only way he wins. I like Reyes and I hope he wins, but I'm not seeing it. They should have let him have 2 or 3 more fights to give him an honest chance. The problem is the division is so thin that they have to keep feeding guys to Jones who aren't ready to fight him.
Is he gonna get better in 2-3?

MMA history is full of guys having good nights and bad nights...that is why we watch. Very few guys feel or fight at 100% after the camp and cut.

Decent fight. I see a decision victory for Jones. Slight chance of reyes by TKO. Kinda depends on Picos.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Is he gonna get better in 2-3?
Short answer, yes. His last fight was against Chris Weidman. At least one fight against someone in the top 5 before a title fight is usually a good idea.

Decent fight. I see a decision victory for Jones. Slight chance of reyes by TKO. Kinda depends on Picos.
Jones gets all the picos, bro. All of them.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Short answer, yes. His last fight was against Chris Weidman. At least one fight against someone in the top 5 before a title fight is usually a good idea.

Jones gets all the picos, bro. All of them.
I didn't like that fight...proved nothing and was a no win for reyes..plus a harsh welcome mat for chris

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I didn't like that fight...proved nothing and was a no win for reyes..plus a harsh welcome mat for chris
and his last fight before that was against the also unproven before being thrown in with DC; Volkan Oezdemir. Prior to that OSP and Jared Cannonier. Both fighters I like, but he doesn't exactly have a resume that screams "title shot"

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
and his last fight before that was against the also unproven before being thrown in with DC; Volkan Oezdemir. Prior to that OSP and Jared Cannonier. Both fighters I like, but he doesn't exactly have a resume that screams "title shot"
look at Jon Jones record and opponents when he got a shot

as you say division thin

tell me a better LHW fight for Jon? is he post 2 just wait(santos needs new knees)? I just wanna see the fights yo

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
look at Jon Jones record and opponents when he got a shot
I've been saying that of Jones since, we didn't have this nice forum to come and use.

tell me a better LHW fight for Jon?
Move to heavyweight. He's one of few fighters who can justify abandoning his division for a fight or two. That being said, if you're going to make him stay at LHW, instead of giving him a young guy on his way up, let that guy come up a little more and give Jones a journeyman who will never sniff those PPV points or a title shot any other way. We all know that in MMA anything can happen even if it's unlikely.