Jon Jones will get immediate title shot upon UFC return

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

He comes right back and he fights for the title," UFC President Dana White announced Wednesday on The Jim Rome Show. "He hasn't had the time that Anderson Silva's had, but he is the most dominant champion.

"If you look at the murderer's row of the 205-pound division that he went through, and he just went through it like a hot knife through butter, I mean, he's the man. So whenever he gets his stuff together, he'd come right back and fight for the title.

"Dana White: Jon Jones will get immediate title shot upon UFC return - MMA Fighting

Last edited by a moderator:

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
I have to agree with him on this one. He didn't lose in the cage. He shouldn't have to fight a can. He will likely destroy whoever has the belt when he gets back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiiimmmaaayyy

First 100 ish
Jan 19, 2015
Or, he will come back at heavyweight because he doesn't have the coke to help with the weight cut.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
He comes right back and he fights for the title," UFC President Dana White announced Wednesday on The Jim Rome Show. "He hasn't had the time that Anderson Silva's had, but he is the most dominant champion.

"If you look at the murderer's row of the 205-pound division that he went through, and he just went through it like a hot knife through butter, I mean, he's the man. So whenever he gets his stuff together, he'd come right back and fight for the title.

"Dana White: Jon Jones will get immediate title shot upon UFC return - MMA Fighting
I have no issue with this at all, he is the best out there and until someone beats him he's the champ

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
I have to agree with him on this one. He didn't lose in the cage. He shouldn't have to fight a can. He will likely destroy whoever has the belt when he gets back.

Agree, he's the best in the game, does have some problems but still is a machine and will beat anyone anytime anyway they want it, he's the man.........not even open for debate

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
Someone did beat him. Stupidity and cowardice.
Tbh, I've done more drugs than him (at least I think), drove drunk more times than anyone (not happy about this and actually disappointed in myself for my past behaviour, seriously...and to clarify haven't since I've been in the UK).......difference is this guy is under a extremely strong, industrial scale microscope. I don't like him because he seems fake when he puts on his bullshi- act in public (love the video with Cormier, "hey puss-" and then on espn, "ah, Daniel and I disagree.....blah, blah, blah"") but that man deserves a chance to just let this shi- go, problem being he is in the spotlight, a very bright spotlight. But this guy is no different to most of us, or at least me

P

Punch

Tbh, I've done more drugs than him (at least I think), drove drunk more times than anyone (not happy about this and actually disappointed in myself for my past behaviour, seriously...and to clarify haven't since I've been in the UK).......difference is this guy is under a extremely strong, industrial scale microscope. I don't like him because he seems fake when he puts on his bullshi- act in public (love the video with Cormier, "hey puss-" and then on espn, "ah, Daniel and I disagree.....blah, blah, blah"") but that man deserves a chance to just let this shi- go, problem being he is in the spotlight, a very bright spotlight. But this guy is no different to most of us, or at least me
Fair enough, but as for me i'll stay on this high horse because i don't dui or run from crime scenes.

Edit: Glad you don't dui anymore and proud of you.

M

Morpheushasleftthebuilding

so what does Dana know?? he just stripped him....

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
No doubt at call that at this moment Jones is still the best fighter at 205. Having said that he did things outside of what he agreed upon in his contract regarding conduct I'm sure. Nowadays just shit kicking dudes isn't enough unfortunately so I don't see him as the UFC LHW champ and this fight is not an intern belt fight. I love watching his fights but I wouldn't encourage my kids to use him as a role model. I hope he can figure his shit out but in no way do I feel sorry for him or have any I'll will towards him. He's pushed his luck and it's caught up with him. Guys like GSP found a way to handle the immense pressure that comes along with the role of champion and others should find a way to do the same. If he does return it'll be very interesting to to see how things pan out.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
I agree with Jones getting a title shot once he returns.. Just wonder if he will be the same guy as before.
Probably not, but angrier and more focused to show those non-believers (my iPad auto corrected believers as beliebers - I am going to jump from the third floor of my house, video to follow) - we've seen him mad but we'll see

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The correct call. It's DC or AJ's belt until he gets his shit together. He should have first crack at it, when he returns...which will be Dec in MSG.

Anno Domini

Feb 26, 2015
Probably not, but angrier and more focused to show those non-believers (my iPad auto corrected believers as beliebers - I am going to jump from the third floor of my house, video to follow) - we've seen him mad but we'll see
Yeah it will be interesting indeed. Wasn't a fan of his but respected his skills. Haha cool you caught the error beforehand Rob.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I'd like to see the Champion come out first, and then the beltless champion Jones come out last. Will never happen but it'd be cool if it did.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I think he needs to go thru the proper course of actions and that doesnt involve if he will or wont get a title shot, this guy has major issues that he and the courts have to solve. Maybe he will never return, maybe he will wind up like war machine, maybe he will become an ordained minister only the king of coke knows at this point.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
There was literally no point to stripping him if this is the case, other than ceremonial. He already beat DC and likely would have had to face him again at some point. He would've fought AJ anyway.

I'm thinking the stripping was just to keep the LHW division relevant since JJ was running away with it and not because the UFC at all cares about fighter conduct.

What would be interesting is if Jones refused to fight for the title to basically devalue it. You can't force a guy to take a title fight. He could just fight whoever he wanted and say he was the champ anyway. Imagine a demoralized champion begging Jones to fight him. That would change the game of MMA forever.