Jon Jones will shock the world again, he will beat Ngannou

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I don’t think many mma fans would argue against fighters getting paid more but I can’t recall another time in Jon’s history where he’s demanded more money. Not saying he never has but I can’t recall. So when Jon is public ally making statements about DC being too risky of a fight at HW but now is selling he’s ready only if he gets paid seems like bullshit. In all fairness I believe nothing Jon says so...

I’d love for this fight to happen but I think Jon will either price himself out of it or get the money he wants but it’ll be over a year from now and Francis will be that much better and KO him. Jon won’t have his typical size advantage and he’s not known for knocking dudes out cold like other HWs. I can see him taking a page out of Bispings strategy book and just strike n bike for 25:00 to another boring UD though.
Jones has complained about his pay many many times. He's made it a significant issue for years, but it just so happens that he always ends up screwing up in real life monumentally and then having to be grateful for the opportunity. Conor has screwed up just as much if not more, but still gets top dollar in part because he sells fights with his mouth as much as his skill whereas Jones miscalculated foolishly by trying to seem like a Christian avatar of morality and purity in his early career.

In my view, one sprawl from Ngannou isn't enough to wipe away the concerns about his wrestling, especially against a guy who outwrestled DC.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
He retired citing money issues diddnt he? And is now back on his move to heavyweight. Not 100% on that.

Jones would need to put him away. Every second Francis is in the fight is danger. Typical gsp attitude of jabbing it out for five rounds. Lol.
Agree with your post but not sure your GSP reference. You know you long it’s been since Jon finished somebody? Do you not remember GSP absolutely dominating Bisping on the feet then subbing him? I can send you some gifs if you like.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Jones has complained about his pay many many times. He's made it a significant issue for years, but it just so happens that he always ends up screwing up in real life monumentally and then having to be grateful for the opportunity. Conor has screwed up just as much if not more, but still gets top dollar in part because he sells fights with his mouth as much as his skill whereas Jones miscalculated foolishly by trying to seem like a Christian avatar of morality and purity in his early career.

In my view, one sprawl from Ngannou isn't enough to wipe away the concerns about his wrestling, especially against a guy who outwrestled DC.
Of course Jon’s wrestling is always a threat but did he get any TDs on guys like Reyes, OSP or Santos? Also Gus was able to shut down Jon’s wresting for 25:00 and is a stick man compared to Francis. One sprawl changed that fight last night.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Agree with your post but not sure your GSP reference. You know you long it’s been since Jon finished somebody? Do you not remember GSP absolutely dominating Bisping on the feet then subbing him? I can send you some gifs if you like.
I'm alluding to the fact he used to coast and take it easy towards a decision. He got lucky

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Jon has the potential to be massive at heavy. His genetics are there to be a fast, silly strong, monster at 250lbs.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Jon has the potential to be massive at heavy. His genetics are there to be a fast, silly strong, monster at 250lbs.
If he can get motivated again then I agree. Seems like he’s lost his edge or just can’t be bothered for the last few years and is just punching the clock.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I had a dream the other night that Freddy Krueger was trying to get me.

Then jon Jones showed up and killed him.

Freddy died for real...

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
just can’t be bothered for the last few years
I think this is the right take.

He's had to deal with USADA and all of that shit, whether guilty or not, and the guys in front of him haven't exactly been exciting on paper. He hasn't been able to get the big pay raise that he's been wanting because of all of the bullshit.

So now you have a guy who was/is clearly more gifted than anyone he's fought that has been dealing with constant administrative bullshit, fighting for less than he's worth, against guys who just don't challenge him like DC did.

It'd be hard to really get up for that day at the office. But when he's decided to turn it on and prove his ability then he's wrecked DC and folded Gus in the rematch.

He needs something to excite him. Francis for the right payday to pad his legacy? I think that would do it.

Mace

Prophet of poon
Oct 29, 2015
He was walking around 225-230 as a lhw. Difference is now he'll fight at his walking weight, just as lean as he was at 205. Lived in Albq for a few years and recently talked to a friend from there that sees him in person and said you have to see him in person to really see how thick he is now. Jones hasn't really been in the public eye so I think when he does media and you can see him next to someone now and find a pic or video of him with that same person as a lhw it will give context to how big he's gotten. He said he is ludicrously strong. I think one important factor in him fighting Francis that nobody really thinks about or mentions is motivation. He fought the last 5 years plus on auto pilot and shouldn't have been able to fight so well with his nonstop social life. I hope we see this fight because we all know that inside of Jones lies one of the greatest of all time and easily, hands down the most naturally talented of all time. He wanted this move and did it on his own for himself. People dismissing this as all Francis but I think a pissed off at the world, motivated, wanting to feel his feet on that canvas again Jones at HW is a very scary monster. I'm not a fan of Jones but real is real and facts are facts.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
1. juiced wins my ass

"However, according to NSAC executive director Bob Bennett, Jones' test samples had already undergone CIR testing by the same WADA-accredited lab which had reported his T/E ratios, noting that all CIR results came back clean."

"though the panel concluded that Jones did not take the banned substances intentionally, and was not a drug cheat"

"The independent arbitrator found that Jon Jones was not intentionally cheating in this case."

"Drug tests administered at UFC 232 found an ultra trace amount of turinabol, which doctors attributed to a long-term "pulsing effect" of the M3 metabolite detected in 2017. CSAC did not take disciplinary action against Jones as the medical experts stated that there was no evidence that Jones had re-administered a banned substance and no performance-enhancing benefits were gained"

2."IMO DC was fading and well past his prime due to age and injury"

lol did you forget they fought in 2015?

ANDDDDD STILL!!!!!!!!!
Ur funny wiz @wiz
I appreciate the passion

Dude can fight

Dude has also been juicing for most of his career

We can have both

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
If he can get motivated again then I agree. Seems like he’s lost his edge or just can’t be bothered for the last few years and is just punching the clock.
That's the only hope of Jones haters, that he is getting old. They literally have nothing else they can say about him. He is undefeated for 13 years.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
Ngannou is going to hit Bones so hard he’s going to shit out a picogram.
Well maybe USADA can finally produce a legit positive test then cause they haven't been able to do shit the last 4 times they messed up

AND.......STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
Jones always rises to the level of his opponents. He took DC seriously and Gus seriously the second time. And look what happened in their fights.

Ngannou will be Jones' most dangerous opponent, and Jones will rise to the occasion again and STILL WILL REMAIN THE GOAT AND NEW HW CHAMP

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Jones always rises to the level of his opponents. He took DC seriously and Gus seriously the second time. And look what happened in their fights.

Ngannou will be Jones' most dangerous opponent, and Jones will rise to the occasion again and STILL WILL REMAIN THE GOAT AND NEW HW CHAMP
My favorite thing about Jones diehards is that he has like 4 good wins, lol.