VID Jones: 'About to win a world title & they're talking about tickets'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I get that the tickets are no big deal. Much ado about nothing. But with his traffic violation past, I understand his behavior on the road is much talked about. He is after all, in the spot light, MMA's very own prodigal son. People want to put dirt on him yes, but they also await his return. So he is watched closely by friends and foes.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
give people something positive to talk about then jon.stop being a habitual line stepper

M

member 3289

give people something positive to talk about then jon.stop being a habitual line stepper
He did that in the first part of the video.

"5 months sober"

"Got rid of people [he] didn't need in [his] life."

"Conditioning program is going well."

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
He did that in the first part of the video.

"5 months sober"

"Got rid of people [he] didn't need in [his] life."

"Conditioning program is going well."
how about make it thru fight week without being an asshole.no shoving at the weigh ins etc ,win the title, act genuinely umble not fake go get some fans humble and be a champion like gsp or jds .those are positive changes not ya im 5 months sober but tomorrow i got court for 3 different charges

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Exactly what I thought. It sounded intentional, don't you think?
Not sure if he went out looking for it as that'd be quite the dice roll. Either way its one of many examples that the masses prefer to consume mental junk food over substance. Yes it's a nice piece of juicy gossip but I'd rather see more training vids or hear more about anything dire tly related to him fighting or the UFC. I don't think anybody really thought this would keep him out of his next fight but its more fun to go to DEFCON 5 with specualtion.

Jones wins his title back before the end of the third.

M

member 3289

how about make it thru fight week without being an asshole.no shoving at the weigh ins etc ,win the title, act genuinely umble not fake go get some fans humble and be a champion like gsp or jds .those are positive changes not ya im 5 months sober but tomorrow i got court for 3 different charges
He's not GSP, JDS, or humble.

But he's still (in many people's opinions, including mine) the GOAT, and he's still an absolute thrill to watch.

People hate on him more because of what he does to their favorite fighters in the cage, not because of the mistakes he makes outside of it.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

But he's still (in many people's opinions, including mine) the GOAT, and he's still an absolute thrill to watch.

People hate on him more because of what he does to their favorite fighters in the cage, not because of the mistakes he makes outside of it.
do they? or do they not like him because he is a terrible human being and his own worst enemy

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Do you really feel most of Jons critique's base their opinion on him due to wiping out the greats of the past?

My Jones fandome has been as up and down as ThatOneDude @B!rdW@tch3r head in the men's locker room.

When he first came into the UFC I couldn't get enough of him smashing dudes, being so creative and I bought the nice guy act completely. As he got more popular I still loved watching him fight but then he started get more vocal and my bullshit meter was going off way too often.

I thought that after he beat Rampage guys would do much better against him because Quentin did a really good job defensively slipping punches and dodging elbows but offered barely any offense. Obviously this wasn't the case. The only guy I really thought had Jons number was DC and I flew to LV to watch but I was way off.

I'm done letting Jons antics ruin my viewing experience because he is really incredible in the cage. I've gone from Big fan to annoyed fan to wishing he'd lose to neutral after the DC fight and since his suspension I've just said fuck it and am now a fan of him. I'm not going to put up posters but I'll do my best to watch from the sidelines when the out of cage drama unfolds or at least watch it with out putting much value into it. I really liked seeing the clips of him and Holm training.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
cocky narcissist! but...i guess it's better than fake ass jones. he so good i doubt anyone will teach him a lesson. But I just hope someone (like rumble) gets lucky and tags him clean where it hurts.

M

member 3289

Do you really feel most of Jons critique's base their opinion on him due to wiping out the greats of the past?

My Jones fandome has been as up and down as ThatOneDude @B!rdW@tch3r head in the men's locker room.

When he first came into the UFC I couldn't get enough of him smashing dudes, being so creative and I bought the nice guy act completely. As he got more popular I still loved watching him fight but then he started get more vocal and my bullshit meter was going off way too often.

I thought that after he beat Rampage guys would do much better against him because Quentin did a really good job defensively slipping punches and dodging elbows but offered barely any offense. Obviously this wasn't the case. The only guy I really thought had Jons number was DC and I flew to LV to watch but I was way off.

I'm done letting Jons antics ruin my viewing experience because he is really incredible in the cage. I've gone from Big fan to annoyed fan to wishing he'd lose to neutral after the DC fight and since his suspension I've just said fuck it and am now a fan of him. I'm not going to put up posters but I'll do my best to watch from the sidelines when the out of cage drama unfolds or at least watch it with out putting much value into it. I really liked seeing the clips of him and Holm training.
I think that most of the reason people don't like him, yes.

I dislike GSP because of his fighting style, not his personality. He actually has a good personality, even if I have talked shit about it in the past. I respect his work ethic, too. But I can't stand him because of his fighting style.

I can't stand Johny Hendricks. First I disliked his fighting style, then I disliked his lack of personality. But if he were more exciting in the cage and didn't spam takedowns in fights, I wouldn't mind him as much.

Imo most people started disliking Jon when he killed their hero, and then his absolutely indefensible actions outside the cage just added fuel to the fire.

But though I've always seen through his disingenuous act in front of the cameras, I really couldn't give a shit. The man is a god damn maestro when he steps in that cage.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I think that most of the reason people don't like him, yes.

I dislike GSP because of his fighting style, not his personality. He actually has a good personality, even if I have talked shit about it in the past. I respect his work ethic, too. But I can't stand him because of his fighting style.

I can't stand Johny Hendricks. First I disliked his fighting style, then I disliked his lack of personality. But if he were more exciting in the cage and didn't spam takedowns in fights, I wouldn't mind him as much.

Imo most people started disliking Jon when he killed their hero, and then his absolutely indefensible actions outside the cage just added fuel to the fire.

But though I've always seen through his disingenuous act in front of the cameras, I really couldn't give a shit. The man is a god damn maestro when he steps in that cage.
To each their own I say. I can only speak for myself with my reasoning but I'm sure there's many out there who agree with your theory. I have many favorites but none at LHW that I love so much o hate another for crushing them. PRIDE Shogun was amazing but that's not the same guy Jones fought, either way Jon wins in both their primes.

I just can't think of any other fighters ATM who are disliked for beating others so its odd to think Jons the exception. Some great heels have been Koscheck, Baroni, Brock, Tank and so on didn't get flack for beating up hero's of the past or present but for purposely trolling the fans or going out of their way to be dicks and it paid. Jon did it by accident at first I think.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
how are you going to snitch a bro out over some weed then go and do a bunch of cocaine????

just be real jon

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
On the scale of things Jon has done wrong in his life, getting a ticket for driving without a license is pretty low on the totem pole.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
My dislike for Jon has absolutely nothing to do with his ability or who he's beat. If that's the case I'd hate anyone that's ever beat BJ, Anderson, or Chuck. Yet I like Frankie, weidman, and pretty much all of the people who've beat chuck. Gsp is a mixed bag as I didn't love his fighting style and never understood why he got a pass for greasegate. But he seems like genuinely decent guy.

My Jones dislike stems from the fact the coked out champion who portrays himself as a great Christian and great man who's spent a good deal of time judging others. Turning a friend in for pot, I'm a good guy I'll never get a dwi, etc etc his actions have been pretty terrible. From crashing his car drunk with two girls not his fiancé in the car, to the whole coke fiasco, ducking sonnen, constant eye pokes, starting the altercation with DC, getting a gift vs gus and then acting as if he ran through him, and of course there's the worst of causing an accident while most likely drunk or high and fleeing the scene while there's an injured pregnant woman in the car.

Heck of a decent fighter.

Less then decent human being.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
Could Jones be any more obtuse? The reason people are talking about the ticket is because he recently got busted for coke, crashed his car into a pregnant woman, & lost his belt. Depending on the terms of his probation, this could potentially derail his attempt to 'win a world title'. Luckily for him that doesn't seem to be the case. After all, it was a car incident that caused him to lose that world title in the first place.

At least he didn't go on bath salt bender with his brother.