VID Jones: 'About to win a world title & they're talking about tickets'

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Ghost Bro

Wololo ~Leave no turn unstoned
Nov 13, 2015
This gif will always be my favourite.

I wanted JBJ to lose the DC fight....too much...then I watched the fight and realised I shouldn't give a shit, the guy's a talented fighter he can do whatever, wouldn't wanna be associated with him for the stuff he does outside but I don't get my role models from MMA anyway..as long as he can fight to his potential, that'll be fun to watch..if he's his own worst enemy and fucks up big time again...well, thats also the end of his potential..

Might still be able to fuck up the LHW champ, but if he's in jail it doesn't matter, people are in there that kill dudes.

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Women, dinosaurs, and the violence of the octagon.
Jan 8, 2016
Real quick-
Name a GOAT of any sport that wasn't at least kind of a dick. Let's go down the list.
Basketball- Michael Jordan, LeBron James. Both of them have been criticized HEAVILY for cockiness and arrogant attitudes. Jordan's HOF speech was cringe-worthy horn tooting, and LeBron's "the decision" special damaged his rep for years.
Baseball- Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds. Ruth cheated on his wives constantly, was good with kids but was generally an arrogant guy. Literally pissed on a teammate's back in the showers once. Barry Bonds is a well known dickhead who probably lied about PEDs and was well known for not being a good teammate.
Golf- Tiger Woods. Cheated on his wife with a TON of girls. Text messages to those girls that were (unfortunately) released exposed him as a narcissist who enjoyed having power over women. He was into some freaky shit, and it seemed to all be based in him demeaning his female partners.
Hockey- I don't know shit about hockey so anyone with a take on Gretsky can join in.
Football- Peyton Manning (probably not the GOAT but is a top 10 QB all time and just won the super bowl.) In college he allegedly put his balls and asshole on a female trainer's face, and then publicly insulted her after the allegations came to light.

Shit, even Lance Armstrong was exposed as being a grade A dickhead.

This is an incomplete list with examples that vary in relevance, but I think there is a point to be made here. A lot of great men are bad men. It seems to go hand in hand in many situations.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
Real quick-
Name a GOAT of any sport that wasn't at least kind of a dick. Let's go down the list.
Basketball- Michael Jordan, LeBron James. Both of them have been criticized HEAVILY for cockiness and arrogant attitudes. Jordan's HOF speech was cringe-worthy horn tooting, and LeBron's "the decision" special damaged his rep for years.
Baseball- Babe Ruth, Barry Bonds. Ruth cheated on his wives constantly, was good with kids but was generally an arrogant guy. Literally pissed on a teammate's back in the showers once. Barry Bonds is a well known dickhead who probably lied about PEDs and was well known for not being a good teammate.
Golf- Tiger Woods. Cheated on his wife with a TON of girls. Text messages to those girls that were (unfortunately) released exposed him as a narcissist who enjoyed having power over women. He was into some freaky shit, and it seemed to all be based in him demeaning his female partners.
Hockey- I don't know shit about hockey so anyone with a take on Gretsky can join in.
Football- Peyton Manning (probably not the GOAT but is a top 10 QB all time and just won the super bowl.) In college he allegedly put his balls and asshole on a female trainer's face, and then publicly insulted her after the allegations came to light.

This is an incomplete list with examples that vary in relevance, but I think there is a point to be made here. A lot of great men are bad men. It seems to go hand in hand in many situations.
He's not 'a great man', he's a great fighter. None of the athletes you listed are 'great men' in my mind. They're successful, they're great at their sports, but it takes more than being the GOAT of any sport to be a great man in my mind

If he was the kind of man he tries to portray himself as (a humble, family-first kind of man) THEN he'd be great. Instead, he's the kind of guy that does a hit & run on a preggo but doesn't run till he grabs his cash & stash.

I consider someone like Justin Wren a great man. Jones...pfft. Great fighter, great champion...and that's about it.

P

Punch

He's not 'a great man', he's a great fighter. None of the athletes you listed are 'great men' in my mind. They're successful, they're great at their sports, but it takes more than being the GOAT of any sport to be a great man in my mind

If he was the kind of man he tries to portray himself as (a humble, family-first kind of man) THEN he'd be great. Instead, he's the kind of guy that does a hit & run on a preggo but doesn't run till he grabs his cash & stash.

I consider someone like Justin Wren a great man. Jones...pfft. Great fighter, great champion...and that's about it.
Qft homie.

P

Punch

Real quick-

After a bit of searching online, the worst thing that I was able to find anyone saying about Wayne Gretzky was "the trade".

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016

I just misspoke. I meant men who do great things. You are correct in your assessment of that. Thanks for the opportunity to clarify.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
I just misspoke. I meant men who do great things. You are correct in your assessment of that. Thanks for the opportunity to clarify.
All good. I misspeak/mistype all the time. That's why I have to edit each post like 70 times to get it to read the right way. Sorry if I was overly aggro in my reply. This idea of what a great man is & does opens up a can of worms for me,

That being said, men who do great things (aka what society consider great achievements/accomplishments) are often selfish, single-minded, narcissistic, & ruthless. For the most part, like Tucker Max said, "Assholes Finish First".

Andrewsimar Palhardass

Jan 8, 2016
All good. I misspeak/mistype all the time. That's why I have to edit each post like 70 times to get it to read the right way. Sorry if I was overly aggro in my reply. This idea of what a great man is & does opens up a can of worms for me,

That being said, men who do great things (aka what society consider great achievements/accomplishments) are often selfish, single-minded, narcissistic, & ruthless. For the most part, like Tucker Max said, "Assholes Finish First".
No worries, my man.

It's hard to be number one while having a ton of sympathy for others, unfortunately. We have had very few presidents who were really compassionate guys.

M

member 3289

We talkin' bout tickets. Not the fight. Not the fight. Tickets...
My favorite part of that Iverson video was when he said "How th hell am I gonna make my teammates better by practicing!?"

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
He's not GSP, JDS, or humble.

But he's still (in many people's opinions, including mine) the GOAT, and he's still an absolute thrill to watch.

People hate on him more because of what he does to their favorite fighters in the cage, not because of the mistakes he makes outside of it.
JDS is an excuse maker and a fraud. He makes johnny Hendricks esque backhanded statement on the regular and his true colors were shown after cain beat the fuck out of him

Rumble beats women up. Real good choice there.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
JDS is an excuse maker and a fraud. He makes johnny Hendricks esque backhanded statement on the regular and his true colors were shown after cain beat the fuck out of him

Rumble beats women up. Real good choice there.
How the hell is Jds a fraud, and the rumble bit is allegedly right?

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
How the hell is Jds a fraud, and the rumble bit is allegedly right?
He put out a nice guy persona and then made a hell of a lot of asshole comments and excuses that showed his true colors. This was after the first loss to cain. I have no direct references at hand, rest assured I was as suprised as anyone but they certainly changed my opinion on the guy.

As for allegedly

Yea allegedly multiple times. And diddnt he go to court for one of them

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
He put out a nice guy persona and then made a hell of a lot of asshole comments and excuses that showed his true colors. This was after the first loss to cain. I have no direct references at hand, rest assured I was as suprised as anyone but they certainly changed my opinion on the guy.

As for allegedly

Yea allegedly multiple times. And diddnt he go to court for one of them

I only know of the one incident with rumble, but could be more. From what I can recall he wasn't convicted. Admittedly I don't know much about it but one girl's claim isn't enough for me to label the guy woman beater.

As far as jds goes, if my memory serves me correct he spoke about over training and that condition they happens where your muscles deteriorate. Which can definitely be construed as an excuse. I do remember him saying he still thinks he can knock him out. Which given their first fight was absolutely possible. But i don't remember anything I'd claim to be assholeish.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I only know of the one incident with rumble, but could be more. From what I can recall he wasn't convicted. Admittedly I don't know much about it but one girl's claim isn't enough for me to label the guy woman beater.

As far as jds goes, if my memory serves me correct he spoke about over training and that condition they happens where your muscles deteriorate. Which can definitely be construed as an excuse. I do remember him saying he still thinks he can knock him out. Which given their first fight was absolutely possible. But i don't remember anything I'd claim to be assholeish.
Honestly I can't remember the specifics with jds other than my opinion of him being a nice guy swayed, and then changed drastically with follow up comments.

Rumble was arrested in 09 for beating women too

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Honestly I can't remember the specifics with jds other than my opinion of him being a nice guy swayed, and then changed drastically with follow up comments.

Rumble was arrested in 09 for beating women too
Apparently rumbles humble grew in correlation to his jump in weightclasses

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Apparently rumbles humble grew in correlation to his jump in weightclasses
Well he was pretty humble by the time his last accusation came up. Don't be fooled by a media persona is what I'm saying

He diddnt dispute the 09 charge and claimed it was self defence (they both had facial injuries )

Marlon brando was gay

Mick jagger and David Bowie had sex with each other when they were high.

Hard to tell based on their general demenour and attitude towards the public and press