Jones interview coming on in 5 minutes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
FS1 @ 11pm EST. Don't forget because this should be priceless.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Bump. Basketball game just ended, so it should be coming on any minute.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
"I am not going to comment if I will take action against Nevada Athletic Commission for the drug test result becoming public"

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
- Last few weeks have been bittersweet. Won big fight, then got the bad news about positive test
- Dana called him in ABQ about testing positive (doesn't say when). Said Dana was concerned about why it happened (if he had a problem)
- Kept the results private - didn't tell anyone including coaches
- Knew the test would come back positive, but knew there was nothing he could do about it. Was stressed out about it.
- Crossed his mind that he could be suspended and not be able to fight
- But once he got to weigh-ins, no one from UFC had said anything to him about it, so he figured the test didn't pick it up or something. (hold this thought...)
- Was at a party and did it. Not blaming anyone but himself.
- Admits he messed up.
- Didn't use cocaine between positive test and fight
- Had done coke "quite a few times" in college...experimented with it. Mainly just college...not a lot...something he dabbled in
- Then says he doesn't dab into cocaine...just a poor choice he made this one night
- Asked if cokes the only drug he's ever done. Said "let's just say I've done my fair share of partying"
- Says he's not a frequent user or addict. Just made a bad decision and got caught with his pants down.
- Says he doesn't have a problem. No room in his life to be a coke addict.
- Says it out of character for him. Coke's such a dirty drug. It's embarrassing.
- Apologized to UFC, family, and his brothers.
- His brothers were very disappointed.
- Said his mom was very supportive.
- Doesn't know why the test was done or made public...says his attorneys are looking into. Wouldn't comment on whether he would take legal action.
- Says the Epi-Test levels mean nothing. Everyone has different levels.
- Never done PED's
- Going to rehab was a collective decision between him and his business partners. Why go to rehab? They said his business partners said they don't know if he has a problem, so he should go.
- Went to out treatment program and they said he doesn't need inpatient treatment. The treatment people said they thought he made a mistake, and he only needed counseling at his house.
- Will be random tested by the treatment center.
- People are lashing out at him for only staying 24 hours, but the treatment center determined the program.
- He's trying to figure out who he is.
- Asked if he would do drugs again? Said he's not going to sit there and say he'll never had a drink or anything. Just needs to learn from it and move on.
- Hasn't thought about what it will do for his image.
- More concerned about what his fans think. He's sorry for betraying them and letting them, his family, and the UFC down.

The thing that I took from this is the timing. He said Dana called him in ABQ with the test results. They found out about the positive test like 2 weeks before the fight right? So I'm assuming he's suggesting that's when Dana called him with the results (if he was in ABQ at the time). Then he goes on to say he was worried about being suspended, but got to fight week and no one from the UFC said anything about it, so he figured he was fighting.

Am I missing something here??

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
oh shit! dana said he told him after the fight, and he was worried before weigh ins? that's interesting. dana would never lie!

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
ministry of silly walks;n3572 said:
oh shit! dana said he told him after the fight, and he was worried before weigh ins? that's interesting. dana would never lie!

I couldn't really keep track of what Jones was saying, because the questions weren't sequential. Maybe he was saying he didn't learn about the test results from Dana until after the right...in ABQ, after the fight. The comment about being worried at the weigh ins was just odd to me though. Then he said nobody said anything, so he just went with it. Maybe I'm crazy or looking for something that isn't there. My disgust for Dana and Zuffa making me a CT.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
[video=youtube;122R2qr61GA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=122R2qr61GA[/video]

Full interview. Judge for yourself.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
ministry of silly walks;n3572 said:
He said when he was drug tested, he knew he would fail the test. He was nervous leading up to the fight waiting for the athletic commission to contact him about failing, but once the weigh ins were over and no one said anything, he figured that maybe the drug test didnt detect it.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I Wild Each It;n3585 said:

Full interview. Judge for yourself.
Link you posted is down. Here's the Fox Sports Live version.

Calavaro

IT questions? I got your back. PM me.
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Freddy Retro;n3605 said:
Why would they pull down links when it was on free tv?
Quite likely because of AD revenue. That doesn't make it right though.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Freddy Retro;n3605 said:
Why would they pull down links when it was on free tv?
They do this shit all of the time. It's absurd. FS1's ratings are shit, and the UFC's numbers are as well...why would they not want as many eyes on their product as possible? Do they think that people will tune into FS1 if they pull all the links? People will just say fuck it and not watch at all.

Freddy Retro

Banned
First 100
Jan 13, 2015
They definitely seem more interested in control and not interested in expansion... Which is weird because they are trying to expand territorially, while completely disregarding people that aren't into WWE style entertainment.

Angler Larry

Banned
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I like WWE. I'm not super into it, but I can appreciate a good performance. I don't know about the addition of CM Punk to the roster, though. He's a real wrestler's wrestler, for sure but I agree that the ultimate fighting show is trying to appeal to the hardcore underground wrestling fan base (http://www.ucw-wrestling.com) and neglecting sports fans and gamblers.

Calavaro

IT questions? I got your back. PM me.
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
[video=youtube;-8A6F5XOTl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8A6F5XOTl8[/video]

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It was the typical damage control spin put on by the UFC team. He wasnt consistent on when and how much used since College but from what I gathered, he uses it. The UFC damage control team didnt do its job it seems.

Freddy Retro

Banned
First 100
Jan 13, 2015
Calavaro;n3698 said:
[video=youtube;-8A6F5XOTl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8A6F5XOTl8[/video]
Heavily edited. Doesn't sound truthful at all.
Hopefully he keeps doing a bunch blow and fucking with loser UFC fans on twitter and mutually masturbating with their gfs on snapchat.