Jones testing positive?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Chael Sonnen rips Jon Jones, who he suspected of cheating, after failed drug test
“It’s not great,” Sonnen said during Wednesday’s edition of “SportsCenter” on ESPN. “I remember the old days where the only marquee fighter failing a drug test was me. But all of a sudden it’s become a little more common. It wasn’t a big surprise. I can tell you as a guy who lived on that side of the tracks that as soon as I saw Jon Jones with his shirt off that he was using something. I also thought that because he was coming in off a suspension that he must have found a way to maneuver around the test. It appears that he did not.”
“I don’t think this will be the end of Jon Jones’ career,” Sonnen said. “I think this will blow over and he will be able to come back. Jon Jones was never the draw the media reported him to be. He doesn’t have any T-shirt records, he doesn’t have live gate records and he certainly doesn’t have pay-per-view records.

“The point that I’m making is, politics do matter in this situation. A situation like this, it’s good to have a friend on the inside. I don’t know that Jon has many bridges left. He likes to set fire to them as much as he likes to put a needle in his butt. It’s not great for Jon Jones, but there’s no way I can sugarcoat it.”

As far as the discussed future fight between Jones and former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar, the chances of that happening have been greatly reduced, Sonnen said. The pair built some hype around a potential fight before and after UFC 214, but with Jones future in the air and Lesnar still required to serve more than six months of suspension time for a drug test failure of his own, the fantasy fight appears to have been squashed.

“That’s not going to happen,” Sonnen said. “I think that had a lot more legs to it than people thought, but Jon Jones is going to be knee-deep in red tape for a while. I don’t think that he’s going to get anything less than two years. He also has to fight this battle on two fronts: He has to deal with the California State Athletic Commission, where his last match with Daniel Cormier took place, and then he’s going to have to deal with USADA. They do not have to agree with one another.

“Whoever gives him the bigger, longer punishment is what he’s going to have to serve. That’s going to be at least two years in my opinion.”

Nov 21, 2015
Thinking Jon Jones and Brock should start their own promotion where juice is legal
Also enhanced cybernetic prosthetic limbs should be allowed.

Call the League "WMFC"

Wildest Mutherfuckers Fighting Championship

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
If Cowboy knows, his coaches definitely know.
Still not his coaches problem, it's not like we are talking about a kid who's dad is juicing him up before a big game, he is a grown ass man and if he took the decision to juice it is his responsibility, it doesn't matter if they knew or not.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Thinking Jon Jones and Brock should start their own promotion where juice is legal
Also enhanced cybernetic prosthetic limbs should be allowed.

Call the League "WMFC"

Wildest Mutherfuckers Fighting Championship
Like i said many times before, i don't really give a foook who juices or not, i know it's not fair.
But just level the playing field you wanna juice just juice, you don't want to fight a juiced up fighter than don't.
I loved a juiced up wanderlei, uberreem, crocop and many more.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Still not his coaches problem, it's not like we are talking about a kid who's dad is juicing him up before a big game, he is a grown ass man and if he took the decision to juice it is his responsibility, it doesn't matter if they knew or not.
It's his fighter. If he knew, it's his responsibility. Wouldn't he be criminally culpable if there were evidence of his foreknowledge and DC got permanently fucked up from that KO?

nuraknu

savage
Jul 20, 2016
With Jones gone and Conor potentially gone who are the superstars left?

SCENARIO:

Honda gone..
Jones gone...
Rumble gone...
Conor after dat Boxing Money
DC... I give him 1 or 2 more fights
GSP 1-2 fights maybe at best
Anderson Silva... Not the draw he used to be
Mighty Mouse... Simply not a draw

That leaves Joanna Champion to put this ship on her back

Am I missing something/someone?
Regardless, we just had a slew of awesome fight announcements. The UFC might hurt for a casual draw, but they have May-Mac for their big one this year, and I'm not really hurting for good fights to watch on the schedule.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Maybe jones didn't tell his camp and trainers that he's roiding??? Duhhh.

Got me thinking, when fighters do roid up, how many of them share it with their coaches ?
Most are supplied by their coaches. I'm not in any way shape or form implicating Jackson's. JBJ would have many coaches aside from just his MMA coaches. Think of his recent issues and it's not hard to figure out where the supplier is.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
why romero got less time...that why?

I dunoo
In his case the substance he popped for wasn't listed in the supplement that they found it. In Jones' case it was just his neglect. So both guys didn't know, both guys were believed. Where Romero made a conscious effort to avoid banned substance, Jones didn't.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Maybe jones didn't tell his camp and trainers that he's roiding??? Duhhh.

Got me thinking, when fighters do roid up, how many of them share it with their coaches ?
Like you cant tell when someone around you is on the gear.6 weeks in it is pretty obvious something is going on

Silverball

Feb 24, 2015
Most are supplied by their coaches. I'm not in any way shape or form implicating Jackson's. JBJ would have many coaches aside from just his MMA coaches. Think of his recent issues and it's not hard to figure out where the supplier is.
What seems more likely, Jon's supplied by his MMA coaches in Albuquerque, New Mexico or that his two multi-millionaire, NFL playing brothers hooked him up with their guy? Allegedly...

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
What seems more likely, Jon's supplied by his MMA coaches in Albuquerque, New Mexico or that his two multi-millionaire, NFL playing brothers hooked him up with their guy? Allegedly...
Most likely is that the power lifting coach he started training with shortly before he got huge and started failing ped tests is the one supplying him.